mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

76ers vs nets down to -5.5 from opening -7???

why is this going against the 76ers???

in fact, nets players are dropping like flies (see below for latest players news). this one baffles me. is a winless 0-7 team that dangerous???

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Nets and 76ers always play tight... And Nets have been really tough lately with heart. And the Nets haven't won their first game yet so their really motivated. And the Nets only lost by 1 or 2 points IN PHILLY. I say the right plays is Nets + or nothing...

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Don't have a side, but the Nets are without I want to say three of their starters and a few backups. They're only dressing 8 players tonight from what I read.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Nets are playing with maximum effort as opposed to their other NY counter-point.

mundane

ur right! historically these 2 play it really close. and nets being winless would provide extra motivation to get the W no matter what the odds are. besides this is their best shot getting the W. next 2 games are on the road against ORL and Miami. If not now then when.... :P

twincities77

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Nets are playing with maximum effort as opposed to their other NY counter-point.
    Have you watched many of their games this year (I haven't)? Just for a box score glance at their last five games I see five losses (19, 11, 28, 3, 10). Nothing from that indicates they are trying very hard, but maybe they're just that talent poor with their current lineup.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by twincities77 View Post
    Have you watched many of their games this year (I haven't)? Just for a box score glance at their last five games I see five losses (19, 11, 28, 3, 10). Nothing from that indicates they are trying very hard, but maybe they're just that talent poor with their current lineup.
    Plus they have players INJ.

My comment on them playing hard is from listening to podcasts, and reading articles on various websites.

twincities77

Yeah that's what I meant by "current lineup". Their team is completely devastated at this point (on top of losing Carter in the off-season); it's quite a testatment to their character and that of their coach if they can continue to stay motivated through this.

SportsTerminator

The box score doesn't reflect their effort... several of those games it was close until the 3rd or 4th Q. And they were shorthanded when they played Philly.

twincities77

That was the basis for my question ST, whether the scores were indicative of lack of effort or just not enough quality bodies to put on the floor. Either way, as much as I respect consistent effort I can't see betting on a team so horribly short-handed. (I'm not on Philly either, just saying).

mundane

ah fukk it! FWIW, ill take the 76ers -5.5 *small play* who are trying to get to .500 (3-4 after a tough loss against the suns) against a very depleted nets team.

SportsTerminator

Out of those box scores the 3 was in Philly...

mundane

stayed out of this crappy game! decided itz not worth my money!

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by mundane View Post
    stayed out of this crappy game! decided itz not worth my money!
    by any chance your last name is Farvre? Just kidding bro. You can have heart and play hard, but without skill players you can't match up with Philly. With that said, I would stay away from Philly because of the line movement. It looks like the books are begging people to take Philly.

mundane

exactly. and no! last name isnt favre ... but he is my godfather!