September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Nocoin, I taught u back in the day about the good ol -5.5

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    The "Hack a Dwight" strategy broke down Houston's lead very quickly.
    Bingo.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Howard doesn't dominate games enough like Shaq did to be consider a superstar player with such a big flaw on his game.

I do think Houston probably covers next game though. Portland got the win they needed.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Howard doesn't dominate games enough like Shaq did to be consider a superstar player with such a big flaw on his game.

I do think Houston probably covers next game though. Portland got the win they needed.
    Exactly.

Howard isn't a guy you can ride to a championship like Shaq was.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    What would your suggestion have been? Portland was running iso's to Aldridge every possession. You either double team or hope to stop him. You double team and he's kicking it out to Batum, Lillard, Matthews for a three.

I'm not a McHale guy but the Hack-a-Howard is a serious flaw in the game right now and you can directly attribute this Portland win to that.
    So you just let Aldridge tear you apart all game long and go for 46 and 18 with Jones on an island against him? Seems like a really sound strategy -- especially when you make zero adjustments when it obviously isn't working, and it wasn't tonight. You have to double when Aldridge is doing what he was doing and take your chances with Portland's shooters. Period.

What were Houston's last two offensive possessions all about? I'm assuming McHale attempted to draw up a play -- why even take the timeout if those are the looks you were going to get? Just watched his press conference. It was incoherent. The guy is a buffoon.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Bottom line: you can't lose a Game 1 on your home court when you're up double digits in the fourth quarter and two guys score 77 of the other team's points. You just can't. Of course a lot of the blame falls on Howard because I think he's a loser, but it's not like he was 4 of 17 at the line. He was 9 of 17. This loss is on McHale's failure to make the right adjustments at crunch time. Aldridge and Lillard pissed on him. It was fun to watch.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Just saw the highlights from last night. LOL. This franchise is an absolute trainwreck.

McHale.

Howard.

You are Portland's bitch.

First 12