DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Detroit Pistons Head Coach Maurice Cheeks needs to be fired

I don't care about the record I care about how they're playing. That team should be a playoff team, but the head coaching MIGHT prevent it.

If you cannot stop your team from taking pull up 3s constantly you should not be a head coach. Will Bynum pull up 3 when the Pacers had a 4 or 6 point lead in the fourth was insane. If you cannot stop Josh Smith from shooting 3s then you shouldn't be a head coach. If you cannot have the Pistons who are playing two centers (Drummond and Monroe) and one power forward (Josh Smith) on defense stop alley oops and lay-ins in the half court you should not be a head coach. If you are playing Chauncey Billups corpse over 20 minutes you should not be a head coach.

I 100% agree with people who said fade the Pistons against good teams, because no way can they beat good teams consistently with a lack of discipline and bad coaching .

If you're Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Andre Drummond, or Brandon Jennings I am going nuts. To be on a team with Rodney Stuckey and Josh Smith who are morons and Chauncey Billups corpse getting minutes I would be regretting being a Piston. You don't watch the NBA if you have no clue why Stuckey is a moron. Thank god I followed my own rule about not betting the over on win totals for teams I think that are going to make the jump.

(CANNOT STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS)
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 11-06-13 at 11:10 AM.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

how much did they cost you tonight?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

It's not Mo Cheeks' fault Dumars signed two cancers in Jennings and Smith.

Smith was brought in to play the 3. They don't "need" him underneath, which allows him to just roam around on the perimeter instead of playing to his strengths.

This team is built for failure at the 1, 2 and 3, which is a shame given their potential on the low blocks. Coaches come and go and keep failing in Detroit, yet Dumars remains. He is the common denominator. By acquiring me-first gunners like Jennings and Smith, he is the problem.

easyliving

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    It's not Mo Cheeks' fault Dumars signed two cancers in Jennings and Smith.

Smith was brought in to play the 3. They don't "need" him underneath, which allows him to just roam around on the perimeter instead of playing to his strengths.

This team is built for failure at the 1, 2 and 3, which is a shame given their potential on the low blocks. Coaches come and go and keep failing in Detroit, yet Dumars remains. He is the common denominator. By acquiring me-first gunners like Jennings and Smith, he is the problem.
    good points. made no sense for them to spend money this offseason with a draft loaded with talent coming up. could have easily tanked for another year. Jennings is indeed a cancer and a team simply can not win with him running the point. Guy is nothing more than a volume shooter

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    good points. made no sense for them to spend money this offseason with a draft loaded with talent coming up. could have easily tanked for another year. Jennings is indeed a cancer and a team simply can not win with him running the point. Guy is nothing more than a volume shooter
    It's going to be sad to see Monroe and Drummond get wasted when bums like Jennings, Stuckey and Smith are on the court with them.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Pistons are selling out to make the playoffs this year. It's time tested method made famous by the Knicks and Nets designed to sell jerseys and win zero championships.

Detroit and the people who live there have bigger problems.
    Last edited by Simon Gruber; 11-06-13 at 03:41 AM.

easyliving

It's going to be sad to see Monroe and Drummond get wasted when bums like Jennings, Stuckey and Smith are on the court with them.
    Monroe will eventually leave via free agency. Guy is a solid player and eventually will be playing for a contender

mikecraig2332
    mikecraig2332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Amen brother. It was so tough to watch last night. Our offense consisted of 1 man trying to make a move against 3 defenders with no ball movement. Rodney Stuckey made me want to cry and shit at the same time. While everyone looks comepletely out of sync and confused, Mo Cheeks just stands there with his ugly face and no emotion. He has no clue how to run any sort of offense. How do you leave Stuckey in for that long too? Idk what to say. I swear I could be just as effective a coach as him. I just don't have an underbite.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    Pistons are selling out to make the playoffs this year. It's time tested method made famous by the Knicks and Nets designed to sell jerseys and win zero championships.
    Sadly, this is exactly right. They spent millions to "upgrade" so that Joe D. could save his job and they sneak in as a No. 7 seed with zero chance of actually contending.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Mo is a clown as a coach. When my local team (Trailblazers) gave him a head coaching job I scratched my head as he had basically zero experience. The experiment failed miserably, of course. I thought he was a good fit as an assistant on a good team at OKC. I have to think DET just picked him to cover a spot for a couple years while they rebuild and get their young players some run.

The word from anyone who worked here with Mo was that he was more interested in chasing skanks while on the road than getting wins. One of the local sports radio guys tells a story of Mo insisting a hotel change to a more suitable venue to pick up women. Basically, the hotel slated was too quiet and didn't have skank dance club close enough.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    Mo is a clown as a coach. When my local team (Trailblazers) gave him a head coaching job I scratched my head as he had basically zero experience. The experiment failed miserably, of course. I thought he was a good fit as an assistant on a good team at OKC. I have to think DET just picked him to cover a spot for a couple years while they rebuild and get their young players some run.

The word from anyone who worked here with Mo was that he was more interested in chasing skanks while on the road than getting wins. One of the local sports radio guys tells a story of Mo insisting a hotel change to a more suitable venue to pick up women. Basically, the hotel slated was too quiet and didn't have skank dance club close enough.
    I don't even think Jennings is the problem. Jennings was on the Bucks which had a horrible lineup and now plays with Stuckey and Josh Smith. Jennings maybe a problem, but I don't hold the Bucks against him. Jennings was the only playing getting to the rim last night. Stuckey was just embarrassing with the amount of offensive fouls going to the rim and not making shots when going to the rim.

Josh Smith and Maurice Cheeks were horrible signings. I am not surprised by the Maurice Cheeks stories since his team doesn't know how to defend against alley-oops and lay-ins in the half court. Also you can play Josh Smith at the 3 he is no different than Lamar Odom at the 3. You just have to make sure he doesn't take the three.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sadly, this is exactly right. They spent millions to "upgrade" so that Joe D. could save his job and they sneak in as a No. 7 seed with zero chance of actually contending.
    Ypou know what's even sadder? I actually think that, for as bad as the Knicks are looking ( I though they were going to be "bad" but damn they look even worse) and with the Cavs not looking as good as I expected playing Earl Clark as a starter at the 3 spot lol, the Pistons might actually get a 5th seed. I mean, talent wise, there certainly aren't 5 teams better than them right now in the East. And with that frontcourt, even with Smith chuking up those 3s, they will beat the bad teams most of the nights.

If Joe Dumars really wants these team to succeed he'll trade away Stuckey while he has value for a shooter or a good backup big sooner rather than later. The Pistons are literally playing their 3 pf/c's as starters now, since Villanueva seems to just be swimming in all that money and Jerebko's not getting playing time (and he shouldn't, he sucks).

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Monroe and Drummond are beasts.

Yeah Josh Smith and Jennings are talented and help fantasy teams but they will never win.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    Ypou know what's even sadder? I actually think that, for as bad as the Knicks are looking ( I though they were going to be "bad" but damn they look even worse) and with the Cavs not looking as good as I expected playing Earl Clark as a starter at the 3 spot lol, the Pistons might actually get a 5th seed. I mean, talent wise, there certainly aren't 5 teams better than them right now in the East. And with that frontcourt, even with Smith chuking up those 3s, they will beat the bad teams most of the nights.

If Joe Dumars really wants these team to succeed he'll trade away Stuckey while he has value for a shooter or a good backup big sooner rather than later. The Pistons are literally playing their 3 pf/c's as starters now, since Villanueva seems to just be swimming in all that money and Jerebko's not getting playing time (and he shouldn't, he sucks).
    I don't know who in their right mind would want Stuckey. If I'm an NBA GM, I wouldn't trade anything more than an extra folding chair on the bench for him.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The Pistons are literally playing their 3 pf/c's as starters now, since Villanueva seems to just be swimming in all that money and Jerebko's not getting playing time (and he shouldn't, he sucks).
    I know it's easy to say because I've never made that kind of money and never will, but I always find it fascinating when athletes basically steal money from a franchise under a guaranteed contract and are just OK with it. I'm not sure if I could look myself in the mirror if I cared at all about the team and the city, given how much good I could do by deferring some of that salary and guaranteed money.

I know that's not how it works, but if I'm Villanueva, I'm showing up at games in a ski mask. Might as well, because he's literally robbing the franchise right now (even though they were dumb enough to give him that contract in the first place).

JM92

I don't know who in their right mind would want Stuckey. If I'm an NBA GM, I wouldn't trade anything more than an extra folding chair on the bench for him.
    He's a 8.5M expiring contract. Either the Pistons use that cap next year or they trade him to a team planning to use it. Like the Lakers who could give, for instance, a pretty good first round pick. Probably not a shooter though.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

He's a 8.5M expiring contract. Either the Pistons use that cap next year or they trade him to a team planning to use it. Like the Lakers who could give, for instance, a pretty good first round pick. Probably not a shooter though.
    jeez idk bout the lakers giving up a pick in this years draft.....for stuckey....if they had half a brain.....

JM92

Not for Stuckey, but for salary cap. What I forgot is that apart from Nash the Lakers have no one in their books for next year. I thought they still had someone else. My mistake.

Still, if they don't mind playing Billups, Nash would be a fun add for the Pistons. If is not dead by then, of course.