mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

this is why i hate the nba. no bet is EVER safe

i hate betting on the nba god it is head ache after head ache

celtics down 2 with 3 minutes left. should have no prob covering 9.5

okay they blow it, down 8 with 10 seconds left pistons have the ball...they foul....i get lucky they split free throws ........ celts call a timeout and turn it over and foul again.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Very very fishy... Bass fouling twice in the last 15secs when down 9....Laughing about it and shrugging his shoulders to his team mates

SOUP
    One game at a Time.
    SOUP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1803

unreal just unreal.

jgiun1
    jgiun1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

That's why I never touch clippers or totals in clipper games... I think they're the most fixed team in the league over the past three years

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

bad beat indeed

xetsr
    xetsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Knew this thread was going to be about the Celtics. Why the penetrate they keep fouling like that? Down 9 with 15 seconds left

Yerba Lurker
    Yerba Lurker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

I had motor city -9. Sorry, Charlie. Not a good feeling.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

weirdest part is this.

they foul down 8 with 16 seconds left. ok they miss one. got the cover. they call a timeout i thought i was screwed there. they turn it over right away. then foul with 12 seconds left!!!!! half the players were walking off the court.

the thing is, sometimes the ref dont blow the whistle and keep it around there neck and the players get the memo.

they blow the whistle, obvously, we lose the cover.
    HERES THE FISHY PART

Celtics go down with 10 seconds left and dribble it out at halfcourt....

Juicer
    Juicer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1038

Yes Gentlemen, we've all just been shagged!! He's a fukin gambler!! Twitter.. @BestBetBass

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

but what if you had detroit-9, would you than call it fishy ?

Juicer

No we'd be rubbing our hands in glee, but we didn't, we was robbed and it was clear to see!!

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

All nba players know the spread pregame

thetitanlb
    thetitanlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Feel this way with how the suns vs okc game just happened on them going over 198. That shit was fishy

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by necro View Post
    but what if you had detroit-9, would you than call it fishy ?
    of course?
    you just happened to be on the right side of it...

its all a business everything is a business

watch this football game and tell me its not jobbed...

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Just got burnt too. Had the over 96.5 2h in the Knicks game and it sat on 96 exactly for the last minute and a half. 3 ball after 3 ball...brick after brick including a Felton layup and 3 missed FT's to boot.

On to the next one they say!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

brad stevens still thinks hes at butler

Yerba Lurker
    Yerba Lurker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

Don't let the emotions get to ya Mikey...stress leads to poor decision making, bad bets, wife divorcing you, health issues...

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by Yerba Lurker View Post
    Don't let the emotions get to ya Mikey...stress leads to poor decision making, bad bets, wife divorcing you, health issues...
    yup

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    All nba players know the spread pregame
    WTF does this mean? lol.... Eaither way someone makes money... People bet live, and buy points...

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by kevin101 View Post
    WTF does this mean? lol.... Eaither way someone makes money... People bet live, and buy points...
    live bets really do nothing to the books. just more action coming in that they can collect

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

Someone does not get it. It looks like someone wins. The problem is what if there is collusion betwn Refs, players and or books. In that case then, if there is a overwhelming amount of dollars on one side then you can almost be sure that side loses. Simple.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    Someone does not get it. It looks like someone wins. The problem is what if there is collusion betwn Refs, players and or books. In that case then, if there is a overwhelming amount of dollars on one side then you can almost be sure that side loses. Simple.
    its not always available. but when a bet can be pushed a certain way without being blatant i.e. this celtics game.......they will make late whistles

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

This shit has happened to me several times too. Teams down 8-9 fouling with like 10 seconds left.

The thing that really pisses me off is that the team fouls when they are down big and then after the other team sinks the free throws the team down dribbles the penetrating clock out.

I had no money in this game but I'm not even surprised.

Teams foul and then don't even attempt a shot. Coincidence?

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    This shit has happened to me several times too. Teams down 8-9 fouling with like 10 seconds left.

The thing that really pisses me off is that the team fouls when they are down big and then after the other team sinks the free throws the team down dribbles the penetrating clock out.

I had no money in this game but I'm not even surprised.

Teams foul and then don't even attempt a shot. Coincidence?
    Yes. Especially when with 15 seconds left you foul, they miss one, still covering, then you CALL A TIMEOUT AND DRAW UP A PLAY THAT TURNS IT OVER.

FOUL WITH 12 SECONDS....AND DRIBBLE IT OUT WITH 10

WHAT?? I HAVENT SEEN ONE LIKE THAT ESPECIALLY WITH THE TIMEOUT

NOT TO MENTION IT WAS A 2POINT GAME

ive had some bad breaks today (bills game was the worst) im not one to bash every loss....a wins a win and a loss is a loss at the end of day i guess it works both ways.....

felt good to be on the right side of a crazy bad beat game in the colts...

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Biggest mistake you kids are making is assuming that a sporting event has an outcome that is per-ordained. Sports, for the most part, are random events. If it wasn't, than sports betting simply would not exist, and quite frankly, professional sports would not exist as going to a game would be no different than go to a movie. Players, Owners, Referee's, and books will do everything in their power to keep their cash cow intact by keeping the game as legitimate as possible. When you have Billions of dollars on the line, you better believe that they have people out their investigating any and all unscrupulous activities every day of the year.

Regardless, the books predict possible outcomes and set the lines accordingly. Just like you have a 1 in 37 chance to hit your number on roulette, paying 36 -1 (minus the juice). Books do the same thing. Bets with Spreads, they want a 50 / 50 probability for each side to hit with a 96% or so pay out. And money lines are set the same way, where a team with a 90% chance of winning, the books will pay less than a 10% return.

Its no different than poker. People cry all the time that poker is rigged, and their conviction that it is rigged prevents them from doing what it takes to learn and get better. Professionals love it when amateurs say this, not only have you revealed your knowledge to them, but you are going to be a continue source of wealth extraction. Its the same with Sports betting. You have to learn how to set lines and compare payout odds with winning odds and drop the whole 'sports is rigged' garbage. Until you understand this, you are nothing but a bookies wet dream.
    Points Awarded:

Jikos gave El Sol 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

So, they rig a game for the team that is favored by 9 to cover but they wait till the last minute of the game to implement multiple questionable calls & decisions because said team is actually UP only 2

If 3 officials, 24 players, 12 coaches & multiple front office employees were in on the scam for a team to cover the 9 wouldn't it make more sense to make sure this team was easily covering the 9 well before the one minute remaining mark??

I'm sorry but it's impossible for 3 officials, 24 players, 12 coaches & multiple front office employees to all be in on a regular season point spread scam w/o wind of it eventually leaking out over time. You just got hosed @ the end that's all, it happens regularly. Even if it were rigged you still had a 50/50 chance with your pre-game bet to bet the side that it was tilted for. You think they all huddled & rigged it so u lose your $20 bet??
    If you truly think it's rigged either don't bet or bet the team that it's rigged for.

Furthermore, how much $$ would it take to pay off 3 officials, 24 players, 12 coaches & multiple front office employees to rig a game?? You are talking about a combined 200m+/per yr in salaries these guys make....

Juicer

No1 mentioned 3 officials, 24 players and 12 coaches, there's only 1 man in question.''Brandon Bass''. Please watch the last minute of the game and tell me this fool didn't have a wager on Detroit to cover the -9.5. He's probably not earning as much as some so why wouldn't he? You'd be a fool to think its not going on. Cricketers have been caught, over here in the UK, footballers have been caught, do you really think the NBA who are constantly have money issues wouldn't be fiddling too? WAKE UP

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by Juicer View Post
    No1 mentioned 3 officials, 24 players and 12 coaches, there's only 1 man in question.''Brandon Bass''. Please watch the last minute of the game and tell me this fool didn't have a wager on Detroit to cover the -9.5. He's probably not earning as much as some so why wouldn't he? You'd be a fool to think its not going on. Cricketers have been caught, over here in the UK, footballers have been caught, do you really think the NBA who are constantly have money issues wouldn't be fiddling too? WAKE UP
    I have seen plenty of times officials keep there whistles on their neck in the last 10 seconds of a game that is out of question.

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    So, they rig a game for the team that is favored by 9 to cover but they wait till the last minute of the game to implement multiple questionable calls & decisions because said team is actually UP only 2

If 3 officials, 24 players, 12 coaches & multiple front office employees were in on the scam for a team to cover the 9 wouldn't it make more sense to make sure this team was easily covering the 9 well before the one minute remaining mark??

I'm sorry but it's impossible for 3 officials, 24 players, 12 coaches & multiple front office employees to all be in on a regular season point spread scam w/o wind of it eventually leaking out over time. You just got hosed @ the end that's all, it happens regularly. Even if it were rigged you still had a 50/50 chance with your pre-game bet to bet the side that it was tilted for. You think they all huddled & rigged it so u lose your $20 bet??
    If you truly think it's rigged either don't bet or bet the team that it's rigged for.

Furthermore, how much $$ would it take to pay off 3 officials, 24 players, 12 coaches & multiple front office employees to rig a game?? You are talking about a combined 200m+/per yr in salaries these guys make....
    because you need 39 different people to rig something as simple as a turnover or foul right?

idiot. don't quit your day job.

And I didn't even bet on this game.