The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Value with Atlanta at home tonight

Houston is a tough team in general, no doubt, and a good road team to boot. But Atlanta has shown flashes of competence of late, and getting them in the +175 range at home has good value.

This is a good example of a game where the market in general is skittish about putting money on such a crappy team as Atlanta, and that is what maintains value in these kids of situations (the same sorts of things happen in baseball as well, where the worst teams in the league often have the best returns at home of any team in the league). But Atlanta is at home, and Houston is not an elite team. A line this big has value.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

props for thowing out a ML dog play

i look at ATL and see joe johnson and a bunch of scrubs

HOU much better IMO even without Yao

BUT i see TMac has a little bit of a goin pull and listed as probable which could be a difference maker if he aggravates it more

mutombo don't impress me much at center but as long as he rebounds well and somewhat patrols the paint i think thats all you can ask

i can see your perspective here but I am no playing

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

good call

$$$ for you

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks GG, I agree with you that ATL is Johnson and a bunch of scrubs, and that Hou is significantly better than ATL even without Yao. But the eternal question is, where is the value? And here I don't think Hou's superiority over ATL's scrubbiness merited a 60+% likelihood of getting a road win. As a general rule of thumb, only elite teams in the NBA deserve to be road faves of as great a margin as Houston was here (see the Phoe/Minn game tonight as an example). Sure Houston could have won by 5, but 50% of the time? And they could easily have won outright, but 62% of the time? That's a tall order to fill, and one that in general should usually only be granted to the handful of elites in the league each year (Phoe, Dal, Sant).

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those are the best ones to win. When you know you're doing the right thing.

Nice going.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very nice hit there for you GanchrowHG

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Good job Ganch. I had the Hawks plus the points in this one.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

Way to go Ganchrow HG; thanks for posting this.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call and good explanation. Congrats.