ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

anyone else like nuggets +7?

nuggets looked good tonight....only reason im hesitating on playing this is portland plays so well at home and is tough for any team to play there. i just think nuggets have the better players and have a lot of miss matches in their advantage thursday night against portland

your thoughts please

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ipickwinners View Post
    nuggets looked good tonight....only reason im hesitating on playing this is portland plays so well at home and is tough for any team to play there. i just think nuggets have the better players and have a lot of miss matches in their advantage thursday night against portland

your thoughts please
    Love it. I will be my biggest play so far this year. Although the Spurs -3.5 may be an equal play.

ipickwinners

Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    Love it. I will be my biggest play so far this year. Although the Spurs -3.5 may be an equal play.
    your going to make your biggest play of the year 2 days into the NBA season? what 'year' are u talking about? because we are 10 months into 2009....im hoping u mean NBA year.....

williams22

your going to make your biggest play of the year 2 days into the NBA season? what 'year' are u talking about? because we are 10 months into 2009....im hoping u mean NBA year.....
    Haha yes, I should have been more clear. It will be a 5 unit play for me which will be my largest NBA play for the young season. Tonight I played a 3 unit winner on Oklahoma 1H which has been my largest play so far.

ipickwinners

what do your units go up to?

williams22

what do your units go up to?
    For the first 25% or so of the season I won't go higher than 5 simply because I haven't seen enough from each team. I may go as high as 10 for some plays later on. The vast majority of my plays are in the 1-3 range. Here, I just feel like 7 points is way too much to give a solid Denver team against anyone outside the Top 5 teams.
    Last edited by williams22; 10-29-09 at 02:18 AM.

W0lfy
    W0lfy's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a hard one. Nuggets played a pretty aggressive team last night with the Jazz and put up minutes in the 30-40 range. They have a good team, but Portland is scary at home. Without J.R. Smith off the bench this Nuggets team is not very deep. Only bright side off the bench is rookie Ty Lawson. This isn't a fun one to cap. Good luck.

pinnacle212
    pinnacle212's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can see it being a play however I just dont know right now. The Nuggets did not loock great today. I know they pulled away at the end but I think that i because of poor play by the Jazz. I need to look at the match ups. Nuggets played a hard game against the Jazz. They are taking off to play the Portland Trailblazer. Real athletic team. Nuggets are also that suspended idiot for a while. Those points count. Does anybody have matchup advantages?

Damn wolf we posted the same thing. Sorry didnt see yours

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Denver through the years has always struggle in Portland, Portland is just a hard place to win for anyone in the regular season. If the Nuggets falls behind here like they did Utah, I don't see them making a comeback on a back to back on the road.

pinnacle212

The public will come out hard on the Nuggets in this one. They will take lightly the missing idiot from the Nuggets. If Portland line moves down based on the pub to -6. I will by the hook and take it at 5.5

I dont think they flew out tonight because of the snow in Denver. They need to get there in prepare. They wanted to fly out after the game.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

There're only 2 picks in that game:

Portland -7 or Denver ML.

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Would the Nuggets ML be the play???

pinnacle212

You are correct Wilforth. Thats the way I look at it. I need to check the matchups and see what the line does.

vinny808
    vinny808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1243

With nuggets playing a back to back games and playing in portland, where portland is a great home team, its hard to see Denver winning it outright. Then again, its still early in the season. Players should be well rested still. Portland on the other hand had a day's rest, they are ready to lock and load.

tongo
    tongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 837

portland is a great home team especially with oden healthy and everyone playing well! i may be a bit biased as im an oregonian but i believe the nuggets keep the game close. i would take the +7 nuggets