SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Liking Lakers as road dogs

Liking Lakers as road dogs

Game Time: 2/8/2007 8:00:00 PM
    By: Marc Lawrence
    http://www.playbook.com

Now on the backside of an eight game road trip, the Los Angeles Lakers stroll into Detroit to face the Pistons as 5-point underdogs. With Kobe Bryant heating up since his suspension, and the Lakers 3-1 in their last four, LA is the play. Tip-off at The Palace of Auburn Hills is set for 8:00 p.m. (Eastern) and the game is the front end of a TNT doubleheader.

The Lakers look to avenge a 14-point home loss suffered earlier this year against the Pistons knowing Detroit is 1-10 against the spread with one day of rest against an opponent playing with two days of rest.

Los Angeles (30-19) comes into this game winners of two straight and three of their last four. The Lakers are 16-6 as underdogs this season. Detroit (29-18) is just 23-24 against the spread all season, and a poor 8-15 versus the numbers at home.

Kobe Bryant's strong showing in four games since his suspension is one reason the Lakers have been winning on their 8-game road trip. Averaging 28.8 points for the season, Bryant is putting up a 32.8 mark his last four games and has stayed right on his season average of 5.5 assists.

Grab the points with Kobe and Company here tonight.

Play: Lakers +5

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel the under 194.5 is the best way to play this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Passing on the side with a lean towards the over 196.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I feel the under 194.5 is the best way to play this game.
    I agree. Im on the under tonight, but I locked up 195.5.