LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Basketball Parlay of the Day - Tuesday, 2/06/07

Post your 2 best basketball plays each day, NBA and CBB full-game Sides & Totals allowed only, no halves. Same game Side/Total parlays are ok.

All parlays will be graded as 10.00 to win 26.00, and I will do the standings for the month of February at least.

The Catch: You must have SOME ANALYSIS for each play. Only needs to be one sentence, no big deal, although full paragraphs are ok too. Plays submitted with no analysis will NOT COUNT toward standings.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wyoming +3.5
    I personally bet this at +4, but it looks like 3.5 is the number now. The Wyoming Cowboys enter this game in a unique situation, off a blowout loss at Air Force. No real shame there under normal circumstances, but especially because they had four players suspended, including what I consider the premier backcourt in the nation in Jones and Ewing. Now those players are back, and ready to defend their home court, where they are 9-1, with the lone loss at the buzzer against AFA. While BYU has been very impressive, I think they've been playing a little above their heads, and come down to earth here, especially if they enter Laramie a little flat.

San Diego State +2
    I think Air Force is another of those teams that has gone from badly undervalued to slightly overvalued. Meanwhile, SDSU has been the exact opposite. This is a game that would have seen a preseason line of SDSU -6 or so. Now, we are actually getting points with a team of equal talent at home. Fisher is a moron, but Heath is still the best player on the floor, and SDSU is a team that on its best day is arguably the best mid-major in the country. Now, obviously they don't bring their A game nearly enough, but even an average performance should be good enough for the win here.

cadillacb
    cadillacb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia Tech -10. Look for a Wolfpack squad to come flat as pancake after two huge upset wins over VT and UNC. Also, NCST player Atsur still doesn't have complete mobility and will be exploited by an athletic Jacket squad. This one will not be close.

Celtics+11- Well, sometimes things just are not as they seem in pro ball. Pistons just seem too easy here, but this is a terrible spot for them coming off a huge road win at Cleveland and looking dead ahead to a visit from the Lakers on national TV Thursday.
    Last edited by cadillacb; 02-06-07 at 01:44 AM.

LT Profits

PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS +4.5: This cheap line suggests that Steve Nash is out tonight for the Suns, and combined with a bad scheduling spot that is enough for us to back the Blazers as a home dog here. You will never get rich betting road favorites in the NBA, and Phoenix may be a tad tired tonight playing the second of a back-to-back on the road and its sixth game in ten days overall. The fact that the Suns are off of a win last night increases the likelihood that they may look past Portland here.

MICHIGAN +13: Now there is no doubt that Ohio State has the enormous talent advantage here, but the Buckeyes may let up a bit after a big statement win at Michigan State on Saturday. In all honesty that was not a great performance for the Buckeyes, and the fact that they got away with the win anyway may have them a bit full of themselves here. Now we are not high on Michigan, but the Wolverines do play good defense, limiting their opponents to just 40.0 percent shooting on the year.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 02-06-07 at 09:51 AM.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Michigan/OSU Under 130
    After such a big game on Saturday, I see this game starting very slow and cold. It just feels like the type of game that each team will have to work hard to score in. Plus, each team isn't too bad defensively.

Suns/Blazers Under 201
    I actually think this game will probably go the Blazers way, but I am even more comfortable that each team will not put up nearly enough points. The Suns pace is determined by Nash, but I think it will be slowed a little tonight.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

u201 @ NY Two teams with extra rest should mean sustained defensive intensity. Except for BxB games and one vs PHX, Knicks have been holding teams under 100 with regularity.

u208.5 @ MEM (I actually have 210.) Lines on Memphis are coming back to reality somewhat, but this is still to high against Houston team that conserved their energy last night and should be able to control tempo. They did play a 220 at HOU on New Year's Eve but that included a 62-point fourth quarter after the Rockets let MEM back in the game. Post game quotes from that one suggest that it won't happen again:

"It's kind of scary when you play a team that has a new coach," McGrady said. "You don't know what to expect."

The Grizzlies led 59-58 at the break after shooting 59 percent (23-of-39). They scored many of their points by simply racing down the floor and finding open shots before the Rockets settled into their defense.

"We got away with not being ready to defend," said Houston coach Jeff Van Gundy.
    Last edited by Jay Edgar; 02-06-07 at 04:52 PM.

mapletree
    mapletree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

NBA
    Houston -3 and Boston +11 (lost 14 in the row).

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Orlando Magic/Milwaukee Bucks under 191: Last week these teams played and the total ended at 171. Without Michael Redd in the lineup and lacking a true PG, the Bucks have a very difficult time scoring on anyone, let alone a solid defensive squad like the Magic. Orlando, meanwhile, likes to play a halfcourt game to compensate for the fact they don't have much firepower on offense.

San Diego St +2.5: Don't really understand this line. Air Force is coming off of 2 consecutive road losses, and is facing a team in SDSU that needs a big win. SDSU has been extremely tough on their homecourt the last few years, and this year is no exception. They also have arguably the premier player in the conference in Heath. SDSU played Air Force very tough two weeks ago on the road, only losing by 5. Take the points tonight. I see SDSU winning this game outright, perhaps even by double digits.
    Last edited by rjt721; 02-06-07 at 04:54 PM.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

N.C.State +10
    Riding a hot team in the Wolf Pack. The only #s that would suggest this isn't an idiotic play is that State is 6-2ATS in the last 8 in this series.

S.Illinois/Missouri St Over136.5
    The Missouri Valley is known mostly as a low scoring conference. However, Missouri State is averaging 81.9 ppg at home and shooting over 50% at home.

LT Profits

mapletree,

I will let you go this time because I just now accessed the forum after being on the road all day, but in the future "Plays submitted with no analysis will NOT COUNT toward standings."

LT Profits

Code:
    STANDINGS 
    Name            W       L       W/P     Units
    Dave11486	2	1	0	42
    Jay Edgar	2	1	0	42
    Razz    	2	2	0	32
    Hemlock21	1	0	0	26
    mapletree 	1	0	0	26
    cadillacb	1	2	0	6