MINNESOTA (-3) 1ST QTR*@ san antonio

CHICAGO (-1.5) 1ST QTR**vs. indiana

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

TUESDAY, AUGUST 6TH

PHOENIX (-3) 1ST QTR**vs. seattle

Ratzz

hmm.. let's see if i learned something in my capping..

FRIDAY, AUGUST 9TH

CHICAGO (-1) 1ST QTR**vs. conn

Ratzz

FRIDAY, AUGUST 9TH

TUL/PHX UNDER (160.5) GAME

if something looks good at Halftime of SAS/SEA..
    maybe i will jump on that..
    let's see

AND ns

Ratzz

well i like Seattle in this 2H matchup.. but i wont go over -4.5 for a 2nd Half..
    so i guess my hands are tied

Ratzz

SATURDAY, AUGUST 10TH

LOS ANGELES (-1.5) 1ST QTR @*new york

Ratzz

SATURDAY, AUGUST 10TH

INDIANA (-1) 1ST QTR ...vs. atlanta

Ratzz

SUNDAY, AUGUST 11TH

TULSA (+2) 1ST QTR*... at PHX

Ratzz

SUNDAY, AUGUST 11TH

NEW YORK (+2.5) 1ST QTR*... at ATL

Ratzz

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14TH

ATLANTA (-1) 1ST HALF... at CONN.

Ratzz

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14TH

CONNECTICUT (+1) 1ST QTR... vs Atlanta

(i know unconventional) and that my picks appear to contradict one another
    but i had a second thought that Conn. would play well 1st Qtr.. (and the DREAM would not)
    but that the SUN would stop hittin in the 2nd QTR, allowing the Dream to advance by Halftime.

also i did not want to take down a pick.. once a pick is up a few hrs.. it's up

Ratzz

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14TH

PHOENIX (-1) 1ST QTR... vs IND

PHX SHOULD SHOW EARLY... maybe IND. disappears a little in the 1Q

Ratzz

"

Ratzz

FRIDAY, AUGUST 16TH

Atlanta (-2.5) 1ST QTR... vs Conn

home ATL.... going with the crowd in early in this game.. i like the Dream to win and likely cover.. whole game..
    but not making that a pick

While the slumping*Atlanta Dream*were hoping to get back on track with two games against the Eastern Conference's last-place team, the best they can hope for is a split.
    The Dream*try to avoid losing five straight for the first time in five years when they conclude a home-and-home series against the visiting*Sun*on Friday night.
    Atlanta (11-9) has dropped eight of nine, including its last four while allowing an average of 84.5 points. The Dream haven't lost five in a row since going 4-30 during their inaugural 2008 season.
    Continuing to play without former*All-Star Sancho Lyttle*(foot), the Dream saw their woes continue Wednesday in an 88-86 loss atConnecticut.*WNBA*leading scorer*Angel McCoughtry*stayed hot with 33 points as the Dream outscored the Sun 52-34 in the paint, but they came up short after Tan White made the winning jumper with 0.5 seconds left.

Tina Charles scored 25 points and*Renee Montgomery*added 18 for the Sun (7-15), who went 8 for 15 from 3-point range.*Atlanta, shooting a WNBA-worst 26.2 percent from beyond the arc, made 3 of 11.

The Sun's victory was their first in three tries against the Dream this season. After scoring a season-high 34 points in a 78-77 win at Connecticut on June 23,*McCoughtry*had 22 in a 74-65 home victory July 24.

The All-Star forward, averaging 22.0 points, has scored at least 30 in three of the last four games.
    Containing McCoughtry could prove crucial as the Sun hit the road, where they have dropped six of seven. Hightower, averaging 12.8 points to rank third on the team, is uncertain to be available again due to a knee injury.

The Dream*won their first eight home games by an average of 15.1 points before falling 88-82 to New York on Sunday.

Ratzz

FRIDAY, AUGUST 16TH

Washington (+0.5) 1ST QTR... vs NY

Wash should play well in the 1st Half..hopefully get ahead of the Liberty and stay there

Cappie Pondexter motivated the New York Liberty with her words before their most recent game. She's also provided a boost with her play on the court.

Pondexter will try for another big game Friday night while leading the Liberty to a sixth straight win over the Washington Mystics and third in 17 days.

With her team still stinging from an 85-67 drubbing to Los Angeles a day earlier, Pondexter gave a speech before Sunday's game in Atlanta. She also had 33 points - one shy of matching a season high - seven assists and six rebounds in an 88-82 victory.

The result helped New York (10-13) stay one-half game behind Washington (11-13) for fourth place in the Eastern Conference.*Pondexter has topped 20 points in each of the past three games and boosted her season average to 19.0, third-best in the league. She had 21 points in a 93-88 win over Washington on Aug. 6, and Alex Montgomery scored a career-high 21 off the bench while helping the Liberty overcome a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter.
    That loss was part of a four-game skid for the Mystics, which began with an 88-78 home loss to New York on July 31, but they've since won two in a row. After snapping Minnesota's 18-game home win streak on Aug. 8, Washington held on for a 74-63 victory over visiting Connecticut on Sunday.

Crystal Langhorne had a team-best 18 points for the Mystics, who nearly blew a 21-point lead, and Ivory Latta contributed 14, including a key 3-pointer with 44.5 seconds left.

Langhorne scored 24 points, made 10 of 14 shots and pulled down 11 rebounds in last week's loss at New York. She's averaging 18.8 points on 60.4 percent shooting in the last four games.

Langhorne was held to eight points in the season's first matchup between the teams on July 31. Kara Braxton had a season-high 22 points for New York and Pondexter added 19 despite missing 14 of 20 shots.

The Liberty have won three straight home games against the Mystics.

Ratzz

FRIDAY, AUGUST 16TH

LOS ANGELES (-2) 1ST QTR... vs INDIANA

** I THOUGHT THAT LOS ANGELES FINISHED GREAT IN THE 2H LAST GAME.. I LOOK FOR MORE OF THAT MOMENTUM.. TO CARRY OVER INTO THE BEGINNING OF THIS ONE.. THEY DISPLAYED STRONG CONFIDENCE.
    MAY MAKE A PICK AT HALFTIME, DEPENDING ON WHAT I SEE.

GOOD LUCK

Candace Parker returned from a wrist injury in last week's game against the Indiana Fever and helped the Los Angeles Sparks keep their win streak going. The Sparks are still on a roll heading into the rematch.
    Los Angeles has a chance to move into a tie for the Western Conference lead if it can earn a season high-tying sixth straight victory and fifth in a row over the Fever on Friday night.

Parker scored 17 points in a 74-64 win at Indiana on Aug. 8 after missing three games due to a bone bruise in her right wrist. Jantel Lavender had a team-best 18 points and nine rebounds off the bench for Los Angeles (17-7), which never trailed after building a 19-point lead early in the second quarter.

Parker led the way with 18 points and grabbed seven rebounds in the Sparks' latest win, 80-76 over East-leading Chicago on Tuesday. She also made seven of 12 shots after going 2 for 11 in an 85-67 victory at New York on Saturday.

Lavender reached double figures for the fifth straight game with 10 points on 5-of-6 shooting. She's averaging 14.6 - double her season average - during the Sparks' win streak while shooting 59.3 percent.*Parker and Lavender have helped Los Angeles climb within one game of first-place Minnesota in the West. The Lynx host Tulsa on Friday.

Indiana, meanwhile, is one game ahead of New York for the fourth and final playoff spot in the East. The Fever (11-12) have played their past two contests without one of their leading scorers, Shavonte Zellous (plantar fasciitis), and she remains day to day.*They handled Atlanta 80-66 on Saturday in the first of those games without Zellous, who is averaging a career-best 15.0 points, but were blown out 75-58 by Phoenix on Wednesday.

Indiana shot a season-low 31.3 percent and had its worst scoring performance of 2013 to kick off a three-game western trip. Tamika Catchings (16 points) and Erin Phillips (14) were the only Fever players in double figures.

Ratzz

Thread Record 12-5

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Alot of copy paste straight from espn huh

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by h3da View Post
    Alot of copy paste straight from espn huh
    is there a proplem with that..? it is pretty clear that the uppermost writing (on top is from me.. look at the style/wording.. who was fukkin time to wrote stupid long write-ups..? *what matters is the pick . the ONLY thing that matters. Yahoo does not indicate which team is going to come out ahead. Perhaps you should focus more on your English Lit. studies

Ratzz

SATURDAY, AUGUST 17TH

SAN ANTONIO (+2) 1ST QTR... vs PHOENIX
    SAN ANTONIO (+7) GAME...

I LIKE A HOME TEAM TO FINALLY PULL ONE OUT HERE. ESPECIALLY WITH SAN ANTONIO BEING SUCH BIG DOGS AT HOME. THAT'S A DISS IN MY BOOK. PHOENIX HAS BEEN HOT,, BUT I THINK THE FUSE MAY HAVE RUN OUT, AND ARE POSSIBLY DUE TO BE MEDIOCRE FOR A GAME. ESPECIALLY DEFENSIVELY. PHOENIX NOT SO HOT ON THE ROAD

GOOD LUCK

Apparently, all the Phoenix Mercury needed was a change at the helm.
    The Mercury look to stay unbeaten under interim coach Russ Pennell when they visit the*San Antonio Silver Stars on Saturday night.

The defensive-minded Pennell has quickly made his presence felt since replacing sixth-year coach Corey Gaines*last Thursday, leading Phoenix (13-11) to three consecutive victories. The Mercury have held opponents to an average of 60.3 points during their run, significantly lower than their league-worst mark of 81.6.

Phoenix continued its recent defensive prowess in a 75-58 victory over Indiana on Wednesday, limiting the Fever to 31.3 percent shooting.

Dupree led the way with 16 points and Diana Taurasi*added 12 and 11 assists, moving into fifth place on the WNBA career scoring list.

Phoenix, which outscored Indiana 42-20 in the paint and held a 10-2 edge in transition, last won four in a row during a season-high five-game winning streak June 21-July 2.

The Mercury have split two matchups with San Antonio (8-15) this year, with each team winning on the road. Star rookie Brittney Griner had 26 points, seven rebounds and five blocks as Phoenix pulled out an 83-77 victory June 25.*The Silver Stars return home after splitting back-to-back games in Seattle. San Antonio won 77-56 last Friday but couldn't keep up two days later, falling 69-63.

Jia Perkins had a game-high 19 points and Jayne Appel scored 11 with 16 boards for San Antonio, which was outrebounded 48-32 and limited to 33.8 percent from the field.

The Silver Stars are just 5-6 at home, but the Mercury are looking to avoid a season-worst third consecutive road loss.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

The Silver Stars are just 5-6 at home, but the Mercury are looking to avoid a season-worst third consecutive road loss.
    oh.. and the ABOVE write-up is from YAHOO.

in case anybody was planning on suing me for plagiarism.

Ratzz

SATURDAY, AUGUST 17TH

SAN ANTONIO (+2) 1ST QTR... vs PHOENIX
    SAN ANTONIO (+7) GAME...

I LIKE A HOME TEAM TO FINALLY PULL ONE OUT HERE. ESPECIALLY WITH SAN ANTONIO BEING SUCH BIG DOGS AT HOME. THAT'S A DISS IN MY BOOK. PHOENIX HAS BEEN HOT,, BUT I THINK THE FUSE MAY HAVE RUN OUT, AND ARE POSSIBLY DUE TO BE MEDIOCRE FOR A GAME. ESPECIALLY DEFENSIVELY. PHOENIX NOT SO HOT ON THE ROAD

GOOD LUCK

Thread Record 14-6

Ratzz

SUNDAY, AUGUST 18TH

WASHINGTON (+2) 1ST QTR... vs ATLANTA
    WASHINGTON (+7.5) GAME...

THE MYSTICS ARE WINNING AND PLAYING GREAT DEFENSE.
    IN THEIR PRIOR TWO MEETINGS WITH THE DREAM, WASHINGTON HAD THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM IN THE FIRST HALF OF BOTH GAMES.
    IT IS A VERY DIFFERENT ATLANTA DREAM TODAY. (NOT NEARLY AS HOT)
    I LIKE A LITTLE PAYBACK, AND A GREAT MEASURE TAKEN BY THE MYSTICS NOT TO GET BEHIND EARLY AGAIN.
    I AM PICKING WASHINGTON TO PLAY GOOD DEFENSE FROM THE OPENING TIP.*

• SO, WHAT CHANGES IS THE VICTOR OF THE 1ST HALF..*
    •• THE TREND THAT CONTINUES IS THE EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM. (IN MY OPINION).

GOOD LUCK ®

(from Yahoo Sports)

The Washington Mystics have aided their postseason push by equaling their longest win streak of the season. Whether their recent fortune against the Atlanta Dream changes could determine if they remain in playoff position over the next two weeks.

The Mystics will seek to snap a lengthy skid to the Dream on Sunday in the first of three matchups with Atlanta before the end of the month.
    Washington (12-13) pulled away in the fourth quarter Friday for a 66-57 victory over New York, the fifth-place team in the Eastern Conference. The Mystics' third straight win gave them a 1 1/2-game lead on a playoff spot and matched their season-high streak June 7-16.
    Washington hasn't won four in a row since matching a franchise record with six straight victories Aug. 10-22, 2010. That's also the last year the team reached the playoffs.

"If we continue to play like this, we'll definitely be a tough team to beat," said guard Ivory Latta, averaging 16.3 points during the win streak.
    The Mystics, though, have had a very tough time beating Atlanta (12-9), losing seven straight matchups and two this season by double digits.
    Both of those meetings, however, came during the Dream's franchise-best 10-1 start. Their only two victories in 10 games since the end of June have come against Connecticut, the East's last-place team.

Atlanta snapped a four-game skid with an 88-57 rout of the Sun on Friday. The Dream's ninth win in 10 home games this season moved them within 2 1/2 games of conference leader Chicago and kept them two games in front of Washington.

"I think we got back tonight to playing the way we want," forward Le'coe Willingham said, "and that's by playing aggressive, up-tempo, getting after people defensively, and that creates our offense in the open court."
    Angel McCoughtry scored 30 points - her third straight game with 30 or more - as she shot 9 for 11 from the field and made all 11 free-throw attempts.
    "We just needed a win, that's all," McCoughtry said. "I'm not worried about individual stuff."
    She had a team-best 21 points in an 86-75 home victory over the Mystics on June 28 and rookie Alex Bentley scored a career-high 17. Monique Currie led Washington with 20 points that day, but she's coming off a season-worst three-point effort Friday.
    McCoughtry missed nine of 13 shots in a 73-63 win in Atlanta on June 2 but scored 12 of her 15 points in the second half.
    These teams also meet Friday in Washington and Aug. 28 in Atlanta.

Ratzz

(pasted in with error)

Ratzz

SUNDAY, AUGUST 18TH

CONNECTICUT (+2.5) 1ST QTR... vs CHICAGO

This is the fourth meeting between these two teams. Connecticut needs to try hard to win at least one. *

I like them to come out hard like washington in the early game, but i can't trust them to take the whole game (like i did earlier and lost)

The last game was not good offensively, and both games were poor defensively, after giving up 174 pts to the Dream over two games.

I do think the Sun should be able to hold it together for 10 minutes, they have 3 pts to play with.

GOOD LUCK*®

Ratzz

SUNDAY, AUGUST 18TH

WASHINGTON (+2) 1ST QTR... vs ATLANTA *W
    WASHINGTON (+7.5) GAME... * *L

CONNECTICUT (+2.5) 1ST QTR... vs CHICAGO *W

Thread Record 16-7

Ratzz

SUNDAY, AUGUST 22nd

CONNECTICUT (+1) 2ND HALF... vs MINN

i think maybe the Sun might get something going... play harder Defense
    put on a bit more of a show*for the fans.. in the 2H

15 pt. deficit is too big at home.

GOOD LUCK*®

Ratzz

SUNDAY, AUGUST 22nd

CONNECTICUT (+1) 2ND HALF... vs MINN *(W)

GOOD LUCK*®

Thread Record 17-7

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

good job so far

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    good job so far
    thank you Stef, let's see if we can keep this going.*

there's a lot of games tonight