SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Spurs +6 at Suns

Spurs +6 at Suns

Game Time: 2/1/2007 10:30:00 PM
    By: Marc Lawrence
    http://www.playbook.com

It's not often you can take the Spurs and this many points. Play on San Antonio this evening when they meet the Suns in Phoenix.

The Spurs take on the Suns on the heels of Phoenix having just had their 17-game win streak snapped.

The Suns (36-9) lost for just the ninth time this season on Monday at Minnesota, 121-112. It was their first defeat since late-December and their largest margin of defeat all season. San Antonio (32-15) is a very strong 16-7 away from home and will also be looking to get back into the win column following a 93-97 defeat in Utah last night.

It's not often you'll find San Antonio a dog of this size, especially against a foe they've dominated of late with an 11-4 against the spread mark that includes 7-1 against the spread in Phoenix. Grab the points with the Spurs.

Play: Spurs +6

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree... I too like the Spurs tonight.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Spurs getting points always looks good. I just hope they can slow the Suns down a bit.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The spurs can play defense when they want too. Now with that being said, I think they can slow them down somewhat.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Can't argue with the success that the Spurs have had in Phoenix, and the price is certainly right.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

This line is now 6.5, which I believe is too high. The typical home court advantage for a team a day off vs. a team that played last night is around 4.5. This would suggest that Phoenix is 2pts better than the Spurs, and I don't think that's the case. 5.5 seems more fair.

A couple things going against the spurs though:

The Spurs are just 6-5 ATS this year on the 2nd night of back to back nights and worse than that going back a few years.

Phoenix lost @ San Antonio in OT earlier this year and should be looking for revenge.

I still think San Antonio is the way to play this game. Good luck guys