LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Timberwolves to Snap Skid Tonight - Moneyline +115

The Timberwolves lost in overtime in Randy Wittman’s Minnesota coaching debut on Wednesday, but at least they finally showed some fight and we look for them to put an end to their five-game losing streak tonight.

That three-point loss in Portland was certainly a marked improvement for the Wolves, who had lost the first four games of this skid by a whopping average of -16.8 points! It is also encouraging that Kevin Garnett has had his two best games of the season since serving a one-game suspension, scoring 32 and 31 points respectively. The T-Wolves have a winning 11-10 ATS record on the road this season, and they are also 3-1 both SU and ATS in the last four head-to-head meetings with Seattle.

The Sonics are coming off of a 117-112 home loss to Denver, and they have not done a good job of protecting their home court this year going just 12-10 SU and 9-12-1 ATS in this building. After playing better defense than expected earlier this season, the Sonics have now reverted back to bad habits allowing over 100 points in eight of their last ten games, with five of those opponents scoring 111 points or more!

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Enjoyed the writeup, LT.

To someone who sees most all MIN games on TV or in person, +115 does not seem like quite enough here to me. But I do think Minny will play hard tonight and at LAC to avoid an 0-fer road trip.

While Garnett's numbers were good in both games he dogged it noticeably (and shockingly) on defense in the Utah game. Maybe to make sure the coach got fired, maybe in protest of the Davis suspension, maybe for some other unknown reason. He's not a happy cat lately.

(And, I believe he is the worst last-possession player of any MVP or MVP challenger in NBA history. Maybe he makes 15% of those do-or-die shots at the end -- but they just keep going to him.)

Blount has returned to his normal mediocre level, though he is still jacking up shots up at the same high rate and getting abused down low. Minny is incredibly soft inside. Seattle -- no interior powerhouse -- should own the boards.

Agree that the over looks good as well. (Though I can't pick totals.)
    Last edited by Jay Edgar; 01-26-07 at 11:28 AM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I also like the Minnesota money line in this game. Good luck guys

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

I agree with the ML on Minny as well. I just can't see them losing 6 in row at the hands of the Sonics. They must keep Ray under 30 points though.

I also like the over in this game.

Minny +2
    Minny/Sonics Over 198
    2 units

Jay Edgar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Edgar
    (And, I believe he is the worst last-possession player of any MVP or MVP challenger in NBA history. Maybe he makes 15% of those do-or-die shots at the end -- but they just keep going to him.)
    Don't know if you saw the finish tonight.
    But then you've seen it a couple of hundred times before.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I had Seattle -1.5 and it was a rare gift for me.

Jay Edgar

Nice one, Gummo, It was quite a game.

Linemakers were right on it with every quarter, half, and side.

I had over 198, over 101 1H, over 97.5 2nd half, SEA E -108, SEA -2 +106, and Minny 2H +100. Every one of those was within a point.