SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Al McMordie: Nuggets +3½ at Jazz

Nuggets +3½ at Jazz

Game Time: 1/26/2007 9:00:00 PM
    By: Al McMordie
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

Playing well on the road this season, take the points and the Nuggets this evening when Denver travels to face the Utah Jazz.

Our NBA selection this evening is on the Denver Nuggets, as revenging road dogs are 98-49 against the spread vs. foes off a straight up loss as a home favorite, provided our road team has at least two or more days of rest.

Denver (22-17) comes into this one with a 10-7 record straight up on the road. The Nuggets are in the midst of a 5-game win streak, covering the spread in each game. Utah (28-15) has cooled considerably since their 12-1 start on the season.

With Denver rested since Tuesday, and seeking revenge from a 12-point home loss three weeks ago to the Jazz, and Utah in off a 132-130 upset loss to the Grizzlies, we'll play on George Karl's men tonight.

Play: Nuggets +3½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree AL.

I like the Jazz minus the small number.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan, I'm with you on this one... I believe the Jazz come to play tonight and cover easily... The Nuggets were lucky to squeak out a win @ lowly Seattle... I think the Jazz are definitely a great play here...

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

I gotta go with Al on this one. I think this game sets up nicely for Nugs. Their last meeting was a Jazz blowout on the Nuggets court without Melo. The Nugs are chasing the Jazz in the Northwest and this will provide a two game swing. The Jazz will have trouble deciding who to double. And while it is true the nugs squeaked one out aginst lowly Seattle on the road the Jazz failed to do that at home against the lowliest Grizz. I like the points and the ML in this one.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn- Melo dribbles it off his foot driving to the hoop down by one. Costs them the win and the cover.