bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jerry Sloan deserves props for this move

It's about time that a NBA coach finally implemented this rule. These athletes are getting paid millions of dollars, and i'm shocked no other coach has ever done this before.

Way to go Jerry Sloan

Sloan sets midnight curfew for Jazz on the road

In 19 years, Jerry Sloan, known for running a tight ship, has never put the Utah Jazz on a curfew for an entire season.

Until now.

When traveling with the team on the road, each player must be in his room by midnight or face punishment, Sloan said Monday. The curfew has been in place since a preseason incident in Portland involving four Utah players and an exotic dancer.

Earlier this month, the Multnomah County, Ore., district attorney's office said police found no evidence of a crime in the Oct. 23 incident, in which four Utah players returned to their hotel at 2:30 a.m. after spending hours at a nightclub.

"I've never done that before, not for the whole season, but I just felt we needed to have some rules," Sloan said, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. "This team has a lot of young guys. After what happened in Portland, we just thought, 'Let's try to keep things under control.'"

Sloan said he has not conducted bed checks. He would not say if any players have violated the rule.

"I don't want to be in every guy's personal life, [so] every time they turn around they see me trying to police everything they do," Sloan said, according to the Tribune. "Hopefully, they understand basketball is what we're here for. It's not totally entertainment off the floor."

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

A very smart move by Sloan. Hopefully other coaches will take note.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess the thing we should be discussing here, is how the Jazz will do on the road ATS wise from here on out.

You would have to assume this new policy will only help the Jazz cash in at a little higher of rate on the road.