SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: Bulls +5½ vs Mavs

Bulls +5½ vs Mavs

Game Time: 1/25/2007 8:00:00 PM
    By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

Dallas is one of the best teams, no doubt. But the Mavs won't cover tonight in Chicago against the Bulls.

Something is really screwy with this line, people! Dallas has showed me and the rest of the betting public that they are one of the best teams in the NBA, maybe the best.

The Mavs have won nine of their last 10, and they've only lost eight games the entire season. Chicago has been erratic to say the least all season long, and once you think you've got a handle on them, they fool you again. So, we've got one of the best Western Conference teams paying the Bulls a visit, and they're only 5-point favorites? This flat out reeks people, and I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bulls win this one straight up!

ead coach Scott Skiles really has a handle on how to contain this Mavs squads as evidenced by the close games they've played throughout the last couple seasons. The Bulls currently hold the all-time win record in an 82-game season with 72. The way the Mavs have been playing since starting off 0-4, they could break or tie the record.

Now, only losing two games with 39 to go would be quite a feat. I don't think it will happen. In fact, it's almost laughable to believe it might. But the Bulls would love nothing more than to beat this squad and erase any thoughts of breaking their record that much quicker. The Bulls allowed Erick Dampier to beat them up the first time they played. Look for Ben Wallace to be the catalyst for the victory tonight as the Bulls hand Dirk and the Mavs their ninth loss of the season.

Play: Bulls +5½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking the Bulls in this game myself.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I plan on hitting Chicago pretty big tonight, good luck.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Well with all due respect I've got to against the prevailing opinion so far, I'm taking Dallas -4 1/2.

When these two met on Nov.14 in Dallas, Dallas won by 12, but they did two things in that game that impressed me. First, they went 24-24 from the free throw line, and second, they took 23 3-pointers, 5 more then their average. Both of these stats tend to make me think that Dallas was just oozing with confidence that night, that they have no fear at all of Chicago.

In addition, they have played so well the last 4 games in particular, crushing Houston, LA Lakers, Orlando, and the closest game of these last 4 was a 6 point win at Miami. This team isn't just on a roll, they are on a mega-roll.

So a team that is playing with so much confidence, against a team they showed absolutely no fear from in their first encounter, well to me there's just no choice.

Dallas -4 1/2