stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Can we change the name of the Miami Heat to.....

The Miami Flops

My God, what a bunch of babies, only one team in the league are a bigger bunch of babies are the New York Knicks.
    Not just Battier, but James when Stephenson went at him to the hoop too.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Don't forget about the Grizz Nasher.

Zbo crying on every foul like the ref took his Access Card.

Tony Allens one of four NBA players EVER to get fined for flopping

Bunch of bishes

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Heat must watch alot soccer

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Heat must watch alot soccer

They still win this game but..I really hope they dont

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiefalconfan View Post

They still win this game but..I really hope they dont
    Ditto

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Nash you're better than this. Appreciate greatness.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

The entire Heat team does it. They obviously work on their acting in practice. The league promotes it by letting players get away with it and actually calling it in floppers favor. The league is to blame now as everyone knows it's a joke move.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    I calls 'em as I see 'em Deemer.

Mac4Lyfe

I think Lebron is the best player on the planet but his antics are so over the top it ruins his legacy for me.

The guy weighs 275 lbs and falls to the floor faking when a guy looks at him wrong. He's been the leader the last couple of years that has taken this NBA acting to Oscar level. It leaves a bitter taste in people's mouth. Just play the game and quit cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post

stevenash

Did you see the drive to the hoop by Stephenson earlier in the first half on James I eluded to?
    He almost flopped to the floor, then looked at Crawford as to say "what, no foul?"
    Lebron needs to realize on that play he was schooled.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Battier is a Dukie. It's in their blood

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Battier is a Dukie. It's in their blood
    lol

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Stern will bury LBj tomorrow with a $5k fine.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

Stern will never fine his little golden boy for flopping. The whole league makes fun of him for it, he even condoned it in an interview and they still won't do anything.

stevenash

The NBA handed down a flurry of discipline for flopping and flagrant fouls from Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals, including a $5,000 fine to LeBron James.

Both James and David West were fined $5,000 for flopping on the same play from the fourth quarter of the Indiana Pacers' win over theMiami Heat on Tuesday. West was fighting for position on the play, and both recoiled when there was contact in the lane.

"We accept it," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said Thursday morning. "We don't want the attention and the focus to be on the officiating. We want it to be on the competition, which is a great series. Our focus is taking business at home (in Game 5)."

Earlier this week, James said there was a strategic advantage to flopping.

"Some guys have been doing it for years, just trying to get an advantage," James said Monday. "Any way you can get an advantage over the opponent to help your team win, so be it."

It furthered a tough night for James, who was called for six fouls plus a technical. The league also handed down a $5,000 fine for flopping to the Pacers' Lance Stephenson for exaggerating contact against Ray Allen in the first quarter of Game 4.

West talked about the play that led to his and LeBron's fines for flopping.

Five-time NBA champion Steve Kerr comments on the contrasting styles of play in Pacers-Heat, Chris Bosh's role, how LeBron James can improve and more.

"I was trying to post up and he was trying to draw a foul," West said. "It was a high contact play and the refs let the play go on. Maybe it was some gamesmanship."

Heat forward Shane Battier, who has garnered the reputation as one of the NBA's biggest floppers, is unsure if the league has done an effective job controlling it.

"I don't know how well it's being policed," Battier said after Thursday's shootaround. "I think guys thought about it a lot, but whether it made a difference ultimately? I don't know."

Battier has been adamant from the beginning that flopping should be penalized, but it should be called on both ends of the floor -- not just charges.

"I think guys offensively still flop," Battier said. "I don't think offensively flopping is called as much it could have been, I guess. The emphasis is on defensive flopping and I think that was called more, but offensive flopping is bad too. If you have to call one, you have to call the other."

In addition, a West foul in the fourth quarter on Dwyane Wade has been upgraded to a flagrant-1 foul. It marked the third time in the series the NBA has upgraded a foul to a flagrant after a game. The Pacers' 99-92 victory Tuesday, which tied the series, was filled with such plays and marked by a combined 55 personal fouls.

"I thought it was just a good foul. I was trying to make a play on the ball," West said. "It's not going to change the way I play, at all."

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Has David West ever agreed with a foul call against him?

or

Has DWAD made a drive to the hoop in the past two years without falling on the court?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

agree. cannot stand how nba players are always talking to the refs after the calls.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Miami blacks

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Mac4Lyfe

This really should have been the post of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Going around more than ever these days like a fukking plague! Need to start calling tech's on this b.s. when it's caught by the zebras.

stevenash

Bird never flopped, Magic never flopped, NBA died after the Piston/Cetlic/Laker era of the late 80's early 90's.
    Really did.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Bird/Magic were true champions and did not need a pathetic gimmick. They just went out every night and played harder or better than anyone else. Imagine Larry today in a post game press conf if he were to be asked about a couple of his teammates flopping like dead fish? Pretty sure the answer would be historic.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Euros coming in bringing their soccer background increased the amount of flopping. It use to be only Duke guys did it like Shane battier who acts like he gets hit by a howitzer when someone like mookie blalock brushes against him.

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Bird never flopped, Magic never flopped, NBA died after the Piston/Cetlic/Laker era of the late 80's early 90's.
    Really did.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Where are all the lebron haters today, the guy beat the best defensive team in the east by himself last night. No flopping no bullshit just domination, stop the hate parade.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Bird/Magic were true champions and did not need a pathetic gimmick. They just went out every night and played harder or better than anyone else. Imagine Larry today in a post game press conf if he were to be asked about a couple of his teammates flopping like dead fish? Pretty sure the answer would be historic.
    The 80s NBA is entirely romanticized lately. Ainge was a flopper, an instigator, and a dirty player and Bird knew it. McHale simulated contact all the time. Defense sucked back then, too and defenders were allowed to get away with less. In 1983-84, every team in the league averaged over 100 points, most teams way over.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    The 80s NBA is entirely romanticized lately. Ainge was a flopper, an instigator, and a dirty player and Bird knew it. McHale simulated contact all the time. Defense sucked back then, too and defenders were allowed to get away with less. In 1983-84, every team in the league averaged over 100 points, most teams way over.
    You don't know what you're talking about. I watched Bird and the Celtics for 10 years and never saw flying elbows like Wade, Birdman's meth assault last night, etc. There were hard fouls...Bird got in fights with Dr. J, etc. but not just complete cheap shots.

Celtics/Lakers = Bird, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, McHale, Parish, Walton

How many HOFers?

The 86 Celtics beat this heat team 4-1...slight chance of 4-2. Jordan put up 63 on them and they still won. Hell they make Roy Hibbert look like Shaquille Chamberlain

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Its the shoes!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Jizay some of your points are valid with the lack of defense. However it was a fun and exciting time to be an Nba fan regardless. I will take the up and down 80's style any day over garbage like we witness at times these days like the Knicks/Pacers series. And there may have always been some flopping at times but you cannot dispute that it is way out of control in recent years and just getting pathetic.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

I think flopping is hilarious...its just amazing to see the length at which players will go to get a call....cracks me up everytime...The game is still entertaining as long as the refs stay out of it...which unfortunately will never be the case in the playoffs...Prepare to see San Antonio recieve some of the worse calls seen to date if Miami gets in...

shawnjohn230
    shawnjohn230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

you are correct a bunch of little babies

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    Where are all the lebron haters today, the guy beat the best defensive team in the east by himself last night. No flopping no bullshit just domination, stop the hate parade.
    I don't hate the player, I hate the antics.

LBJ just got called out on the carpet for flopping, he had no choice but to play straight up last night.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

It's the shoes

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    I know, it is sad isn't it?

12 Last