t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Gotta like Warriors to beat the Spurs

Seems like the conversation is that Spurs are back to being the Spurs after they dominated LA. Not sure why that series should mean anything since the Lakers were in shambles. Golden State has been surprising people all year and they have some of the ingredients needed to beat San Antonio - youth and energy.

Let's not forget how bad the Spurs looked late in the season. They have injuries and are an old team. The younger Warriors are playing with the us against the world attitude and play with some incredible chemistry.

Can't wait to see this series price. If Warriors are under +200 then hammer away

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

hard to call. all i know is the grizzlies are going t the nba final
    Points Awarded:

aireent777 gave lakerboy 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    All I know is your Heat/Thunder rematch is virtually impossible thread is looking good right now.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

I'll book your bet.

Always take white coaches over black coaches. Not a race thing, it's a $ thing.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    I'll book your bet.

Always take white coaches over black coaches. Not a race thing, it's a $ thing.

really.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

+200? If it's that then the books clearly are taking GS seriously. I think this could be like +350 at least.

that said the warriors have been straight dominant in this series. not too sure what happened to them in the 4th today but we'll put that on nerves/young team i guess.

lakerboy

warriors will not be +200 here. i say +475 at least.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

No value in either side. No play on the series....GS may win Game 4 back home but that will be their only shot at a game here. GS just doesn't have a true 1 to pace a game like Parker will.....the reason they beat Denver was that Denver was basically in the same spot....Lawson is no comparison to Parker.

Spurs look old late in the year....yeah, because they were locked in and liked their spot. They barely played regulars the last 5-7 games and when they did they played low minutes and had been told not to hurt themselves.

Like I say....play a few games ATS but otherwise no value....and yes, GS will come in around +450-480....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Spurs 4-0 or maybe 4-1 and they probably cover all the games they win with all the public love for this young dumb golden state team.

I remember when Baron Davis's Golden state team in 2007 looked like god upsetting Dallas in the first round then got rolled by Utah. I drank the kool aid then and am a little older and wiser now. Golden state is lucky to have made it past Denver..Spurs are not Denver.

ses_d
    ses_d's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5040

No way. II'll take your bet as well.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

If Lakers were in shambles and that series shouldn't mean anything, than neither should this. Really, this was supposed to be a sweep for Warriors. Nuggets never really showed any thing great at all this series - Warriors had their way with anything and everything on offense.

Warriors get swept by SAS most likely, if not I think they win 1 just because their home crowd is too strong and they will sneak out a win there.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

All I can say to this is I sure wish I had thrown a couple few units on the Warriors to beat the Nuggets when that line opened.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

There could be some good value in Warriors series.

What do you guys think series price on MEM/OKC would be (assuming it happens)?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Spurs will win this 4-1 or maybe a sweep. The only reason Denver loss is because the didn't make the Warriors pay when they went to the zone. The Spurs has a ton of accurate 3 points shooters. If their perimeter shots ain't going down, they got nobody that can stop Duncan. If the Dwight Howard or Gasol can't stop Duncan, you guy really think Bogut can.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

okc -125 +105. i would pound the shit out of mem. mem will win the west

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

Memphis +130 or so.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Memphis +130 or so.

you crzay bro. mem will not be anymore than +110.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I sure hope GSW is +200 for the series, so I can go the other way. I like GSW and I am a big Curry fan, but they are not beating the Spurs. Has the OP seen the Spurs play in the playoffs? They are a well oiled machine and insanely efficient. Plus Popovich is the best coach in the NBA in my opinion, with Doc Rivers and George Karl rounding out my top 3. I know GSW has the sick perimeter shooting, youth, and speed. But the Spurs are just too good overall IMO. Besides it doesn't really matter who wins the West, the Heat will win the title again. The only team that I thought had even a chance against the Heat was the Thunder (before Westbrook got hurt) and I knew the Thunder would lose again like they did last year.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

They can stretch it to six games possibly even seven if they continue to shoot well. Spurs will definitely win the series though.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

okc -125 +105. i would pound the shit out of mem. mem will win the west
    I rarely bet series prices, but I'll bet Memphis as long as they are under -120. And if they lose game 1, I'll add more.

bfour
    bfour's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5877

Man. The Warriors opened somewhere around +500 against the Nuggets and you guys think they're gonna be +200 against the Spurs?

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

I will love to see Grizz demolish the Thunder and humiliate them under their roof.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Crazy one to call here boys. Youth vs Experience which one prevails? Pop is hands down the best and this Spurs team is talented and deep. We saw the GSW youth tonight in the 4th trying to choke that game away. This should be a team to watch for the next several years and they are fun to watch just not sure they are ready yet!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like GS and their team a lot.

A 7-game series of Jackson vs. Pops, though? I don't want any part of that.

aireent777

I will have 2 grand riding with Memphis to take the series out from the Thunder. Is the price out already?

vancityswag
    vancityswag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

anything can happen...definitely going to be an interesting series. if anyone is going to be on the series, id do it after game 1...as much as i like and want gsw to win, its difficult imagining they take game 1 from the spurs

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Not feeling it, ill take memphis though if they advance
    Imagine if warriors did win next series vs spurs, then memphis wins again....

Warriors/grizzlies vs the heat

aireent777

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I like GS and their team a lot.

A 7-game series of Jackson vs. Pops, though? I don't want any part of that.
    I don't see this going 7. Pops will bury Jackson easily. Spurs in 5. It will only go 6 if Curry continues to do miracle 3s all series long but I don't see it coming. They ran out of bullets firing away in that Denver series.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Spurs

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    If Lakers were in shambles and that series shouldn't mean anything, than neither should this. Really, this was supposed to be a sweep for Warriors. Nuggets never really showed any thing great at all this series - Warriors had their way with anything and everything on offense.

Warriors get swept by SAS most likely, if not I think they win 1 just because their home crowd is too strong and they will sneak out a win there.
    lol........trolls gonna troll.

LRKontroll
    LRKontroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

My thoughts
    GSW over Spurs, not gonna happen
    Memphis will wins the west
    OKC is done in the next round even against Clippers.
    But Clippers will never defeat Spurs with Del Negro coaching.

So the west favorites right now:

Memphis
    Spurs
    Clippers
    OKC
    GSW

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

memphis is the team to take the west. I think the warriors will get 1 game, maybe 2. spurs are weak but way too strong for golden state

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I sure hope GSW is +200 for the series, so I can go the other way. I like GSW and I am a big Curry fan, but they are not beating the Spurs. Has the OP seen the Spurs play in the playoffs? They are a well oiled machine and insanely efficient. Plus Popovich is the best coach in the NBA in my opinion, with Doc Rivers and George Karl rounding out my top 3. I know GSW has the sick perimeter shooting, youth, and speed. But the Spurs are just too good overall IMO. Besides it doesn't really matter who wins the West, the Heat will win the title again. The only team that I thought had even a chance against the Heat was the Thunder (before Westbrook got hurt) and I knew the Thunder would lose again like they did last year.
    This. + GS just got exposed with how soft they are. If things go sour for the Spurs then can play a little dirty and get in their head, but spurs too well rounded on offense and defensive. Either way no one is trying to see the grizzlies but they still aren't a lock against the clippers.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

David Lee is going to be the key here.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

why are you guys talking about okc like there gonna get past houston. The rockets STILL has a shot of making history they are gonna win in houston today and if parsons and harden can play well they have a shot on sunday in okc.

1234 Last