Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    You r correct, Kobe will dominate the ball just as he has done his entire career. That's his game. He's the teams #1 option.
    Of course Steve Nash is below his career shot attempts (10.6/9.5) he's 39 & far from his prime when he took more shots. He's actually averaging more shot attempts & ppg this year than he did last yr eventhough @ 39 & a yr older a regression was likely to occur.

Gasol has regressed for three yrs now & has struggled w/ injuries. He was also coming off the bench for a while & has played 3 min less per game than his career avg & 5 min less per game than last yr. When Howard was brought over everybody knew Gasols numbers were likely to take a hit.

Howard is playing less minutes, playing @ less than 100% & playing w/ far superior talent & despite all this per minute averages this yr are only slightly less than his career per minute averages.

Kobe has had very little choice but to take the offense over with what's been going on this yr. They've had very few games this season that were blowouts from tip. They are either behind or struggling to hang on to a small lead. When teams are in that situation they go to their #1 option as much as possible. Nash, Gasol, Howard & now MWP have been in & out of the line-UP all season. Kobe's been the only constant & not to mention there's been very little help from the bench as well.
    Nonsense...Most of his teammates including the coach have told kobe to stop playing one on one basketball for long stretches at a time...HE DOES NOT HAVE TO DO THAT....

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Nonsense...Most of his teammates including the coach have told kobe to stop playing one on one basketball for long stretches at a time...HE DOES NOT HAVE TO DO THAT....
    whatever rat shit

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    whatever rat shit
    Riff. Lakers are obsolete.
    After this season. they are going to be the Dallas Cowboys of the last decade.
    accept it. it's over.

Stern protected you, is still doing so, but Kobe's record chasing "me or nothing" style has turned off all
    possible big name players that could have been brought in to help. Nash was grasping at straws when he okay'd trade..
    Howard is leaving, anybody with half a brain can read his eyes. He's already gone./

what a stroke of genius for the Suns GM..
    he SMOKED KUPCHAK SO BADLY.. saved a wad of dough and got 4 great picks for
    what is basically a broken down moped.

tell Kupchapk never to play poker in Phoenix again.. you can bluff this guy with a pair of threes

riffraff24

So obsolete that you post about them 20 times a day? Psychopath

riffraff24

btw - i never read your essays bro. I only read a few words here and there so you are wasting your time.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    btw - i never read your essays bro. I only read a few words here and there so you are wasting your time.
    you MUST read my essays.. you ALWAYS comment on the content..

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Let me ask u a question Rat boy. What possible big names players were turned off?? Do you even have a clue that the Lakers have been maxed out cap wise since the '07 season?? You can't bring in big name players when you're paying 3 guys (Kobe, Pau, Bynum) 16+m/per. For this reason the Lakers have been forced to bring in mid level guys (Blake, Artest) because that's all the cap would allow. They've had to trade for the big names (Howard, Pau, Nash). Please show me or remind me all these big names that according to u don't want to play for the Lakers??
    It's stupid sh#it like this that causes u to lose credibility. Pulling sh#t out of your azz out of pure hatred. Just reaching & trowing darts & further illustrating a complete lack of knowledge & fundamental understanding how the game actually works.
    U say the Lakers are chasing all big name players but they r turned off. I don't recall the Lakers chasing one big name player via free agency, please refresh my memory.

Ratzz

1) Dwight Howard (did not want to come after speaking with Kobe directly)
    in fact, ORL GM threatened to trade him to the Lakwers last year, if he did not extend 1 yr.
    so he reupped to avoid Lakers, and was traded here anyway.. which totally fukked his image.
    He is leaving next year. He hates playing in LA. (Lakers) he's gone.

2) Chris Paul: he let it be publicly known that he was delighted that the trade to Lakers to fell thru..
    CP3 is another player that cannot stand Kobe on a personal level. He always sticks it to him directly when they play.
    Always makes it a point to make him look terrible on D, especially with last shot before end of Qtrs/Halves.

3) Ramon Sessions: not a big name by any stretch, but failing to persuade him- ultimately cost the Lakers 4 great picks,
    and $27M (who knows how much with LUX tax) Ramon was not interested in playing with Kobe, and that mental/psychological
    environment. He left to accept less money in Charlotte, vibe was so bad, he split to play nowhere, for less.

4) Has-Beens & Nobodies: the only people that are willing to come and play alongside, (wrong word, really) UNDER Kobe's thumb..
    are has-beens and nobodies. Because they recognize it will not be any fun, and playing there will kill their career stats.*

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    1) Dwight Howard (did not want to come after speaking with Kobe directly)
    in fact, ORL GM threatened to trade him to the Lakwers last year, if he did not extend 1 yr.
    so he reupped to avoid Lakers, and was traded here anyway.. which totally fukked his image.
    He is leaving next year. He hates playing in LA. (Lakers) he's gone.

2) Chris Paul: he let it be publicly known that he was delighted that the trade to Lakers to fell thru..
    CP3 is another player that cannot stand Kobe on a personal level. He always sticks it to him directly when they play.
    Always makes it a point to make him look terrible on D, especially with last shot before end of Qtrs/Halves.

3) Ramon Sessions: not a big name by any stretch, but failing to persuade him- ultimately cost the Lakers 4 great picks,
    and $27M (who knows how much with LUX tax) Ramon was not interested in playing with Kobe, and that mental/psychological
    environment. He left to accept less money in Charlotte, vibe was so bad, he split to play nowhere, for less.

4) Has-Beens & Nobodies: the only people that are willing to come and play alongside, (wrong word, really) UNDER Kobe's thumb..
    are has-beens and nobodies. Because they recognize it will not be any fun, and playing there will kill their career stats.*
    Wow....that's what u have.

Dwight had a no trade clause, he waived it to come to LA. in fact he went on record saying Brooklyn & LA r the only destinations he would choose. Once Lopez was looked down it was all LA.

Paul trade was official. he too made it clear LA was his #1 destination. Then we all know what happened with the veto. You're bringing UP last second shots to quarters as proof that paul didn't want to play for LA....that is fukkin hilarious

Sessions couldnt get the job done last yr. he wasn't asked back once it was clear Nash was coming. The Lakers choose Nash over Sessions.

Has beens.....Thanx for making my point. When you r capped out all u have to choose from is has beens & mid level guys. That's the way it works.

This is what you r calling big names?? The only big names on this list r Howard & Paul. Howard waived his no trade clause to come to LA & Paul got vetoed out. U r so fukkin weak words can't describe. Keep throwing darts pal & embarrassing yourself even further. You r blinded by hatred & in the process have turned yourself into a laughingstock w/ theories & inaccuracies. Reach a little more & come UP w/ some real "big names" that actually did shun the Lakers when they went after them via free agency.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am 95% sure howard didnt have a no-trade clause
    howard NEVER wanted to come to the lakers and only did so because they were the only suitors left
    chris paul i think wanted to go to the lakers, but seems to happy where hes at now

it is true, u cant get big agent signings if ur capped out, and the lakers are always capped out
    last one i can remember is shaq??

Ratzz

Wow....that's what u have.

Dwight had a no trade clause, he waived it to come to LA.*

2) Paul trade was official. he too made it clear LA was his #1 destination. *L.A. C-L-I-P-P-E-R-S

Sessions couldnt get the job done last yr. he wasn't asked back once it was clear Nash was coming. The Lakers choose Nash over Sessions.

Has beens.....Thanx for making my point. When you r capped out all u have to choose from is has beens & mid level guys. That's the way it works.*
    WRONG THREE TIMES. how the Laker fans delude yourselves. yikes

1)*Dwight Howard Wants To Play for Brooklyn Nets
    read this from*Laker Nation
    http://lakernation.com/dwight-howard...t-next-season/
    after speaking with Kobe and being informed he was the no.3 option , he did not want to come.
    and after playing under Kobe for a season, definitely will not stay

2)*YOU ARE RIGHT––Los Angeles*was his No.1 Destination.*L.A. * C-L-I-P-P-E-R-S
    read this from LA Times;
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...rview-20120919

3)*Sessions opted out of his contract with the Lakers to sign with the Bobcats.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8161833/agent-charlotte-bobcats-agree-ramon-sessions-two-year-deal

ezdeals18
    ezdeals18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

the heats are the worst whinners.

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    WRONG THREE TIMES. how the Laker fans delude yourselves. yikes

1)*Dwight Howard Wants To Play for Brooklyn Nets
    read this from*Laker Nation
    http://lakernation.com/dwight-howard...t-next-season/
    after speaking with Kobe and being informed he was the no.3 option , he did not want to come.
    and after playing under Kobe for a season, definitely will not stay

2)*YOU ARE RIGHT––Los Angeles*was his No.1 Destination.*L.A. * C-L-I-P-P-E-R-S
    read this from LA Times;
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...rview-20120919

3)*Sessions opted out of his contract with the Lakers to sign with the Bobcats.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8161833/agent-charlotte-bobcats-agree-ramon-sessions-two-year-deal
    How fukkin clueless can u be pal....The Lakers traded for Nash on July 11th. sessions then opted out the very next day. Of course he's going to opt out when he just got replaced The Lakers chose Nash over Sessions. This is the big name that u have that didn't want to play for the Lakers?? Ramon Sessions!!

Howard went public & said it was Brooklyn or LA. Brooklyn signed Lopez & no longer had the space for Howard. That's when he choose LA. Do u not understand this?? Howard is actually on the Lakers. He is not one of the "big name that were turned off".....

Paul also was a Laker until Stern got involved. How is this a big name that was turned off when he was actually there?? What do u think he's gonna say after he goes to the Clippers?? "Yes Clipper fans I rather be w/ the Lakers but I guess I'll have to settle for the Clippers"

Keep throwing darts. I'm still waiting for that "big name" that turned down the Lakers. You say there are numerous of them but have yet to produce even one.

Ramon Sessions

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

The thing is....the league is scripted and every soap opera has a leading man. Where were the Lakers post magic? There you go.....and once Michael left....The Lakers Re-emerged......now that Lebron is here...not to mention durant and Irving..Lakers are no longer the leading man....they are going on another vacation........and rightfully so......they stink

Ratzz

How fukkin clueless can u be pal....

The Lakers traded for Nash on July 11th.

1) *Sessions then opted out the very next day. Of course he's going to opt out when he just got replaced*The Lakers chose Nash over Sessions. This is the big name that u have that didn't want to play for the Lakers?? Ramon Sessions!!

2) Howard went public & said it was Brooklyn or LA. Brooklyn signed Lopez & no longer had the space for Howard. That's when he choose LA. Do u not understand this?? Howard is actually on the Lakers. He is not one of the "big name that were turned off".....

1) INCORRECT.*Sessions failed to express any interest in resigning with the Lakers, Kupchak tried to sign him prior to the Nash discussion. A GM does not wait until a guy is a free-agent to begin speaking to a player about offers. He spoke with him about staying immediately after the trade. Nobody trades away a 1st Round pick for nothing.*When you trade a 1st Round pick– you do your very best NOT to throw it away. Kupchak understood that he would fail to resign him, and began looking for options the instant OKC humiliated them in the playoffs. His failure to resign Sessions ultimately cost the Lakers THREE 1st Round picks, and TWO 2nd Round Picks. Man, that team is fukked. Sessions did not want to play with Kobe, and it cost the Lakers 5 players. OUCH.. lol
    2)*INCORRECT. Dwight Howard clearly specified he did NOT want to go to the Lakers. Otherwise he would have been traded MUCH earlier (during regular season last year). After speaking with Kobe directly, Lakers was no longer where he wanted to be, and would not sign an extension AND STILL HAS NOT.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/04/re...dwight-howard/

Dwight Howard has at most a dozen games remaining in a Laker uniform. He absolutely will not remain in the Purple & Fold.*

Ratzz

does anyone think that Dwight Howard wants to stay on a team where:

1) he NEVER sees the ball in the 4th Qtr.
    2) rarely sees it at all.
    3) has Steve Nash as the starting Point Guard
    4) has another over the hill player in Pau Gasol to play next to?

he wants the Houston Rockets. Harden and Lin are pre-prime... young and getting better.
    could be a helluva team in 2 yrs. with Howard in there locking down the D. and getting all the rebs.

resigning as a laker is impossible, as he stated he wants to win right away.

Kobe's $30M contract next year precludes signing anybody great. And all the lost draft picks.. indicate that there is no serious help on the horizon for 5 yrs.. *

bye Dwighty

First 12