Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami. do the right thing and LOSE already..

these streaks and records are all nonsense..
    people only really remember Championships..

these huge streaks are unsustainable.
    Look at the Pats when they entered the superbowl 18-0

better to lose a couple in the reg. season..
    last year, the Spurs went in the playoffs on like an 18 game win streak.. i think..
    swept the first two rounds..
    Ravens last year lost 4-of-5-last games before start of playoffs.

but the instant they lost a single game, (to OKC) they lost 4-in-a-row
    the Rockets won 22 in a row in '08-09, and lost in the 1st Round..

it's really all BS..

do yourselves a favor... lose, then lose again, and get back to .600
    so you can get back to .660-.700 in the playoffs.

playing 1.000 basketball is a recipe for playoff disaster.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

You witnessing history, so STFU

Dharmonize
    Aces!
    Dharmonize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9427

Are you saying they should become superstitious and lose to a weaker team on purpose just in order to avoid breaking a historical record?

BallerBoy
    BallerBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 934

this guy has no brains...

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

You dont go on 20+ winning streaks every day....

each and every member on this team knows that and realize this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make history. And we can clearly see how committed they are in all these games.

Honestly, the only team good enough to prevent this history from taking place is the Spurs, in San Antonio. If Miami is serious about breaking this record, which it seems they are, they're not gonna lose to some scrubs (yes Bulls are in that category right now).

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Mia. is great. Can't believe they overcame a career night by Green. Lebron is awsome.

Ratzz

stay down.. don't get up,

i guess it all ends where it all began

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

every heard of home court advantage?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I don't get the argument that "no one will remember" if the Heat break this streak yet don't win the Championship-- are you kidding? 30+ game win streaks do NOT happen very often.. shit they dont happen EVER... everyone would remember this streak whether they won the championship or not.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    every heard of home court advantage?
    i am glad this streak is ending..

they are meaningless....

if they kept this going, they would lose in the 1st round of the playoffs..

these streaks are the kiss of death.

they should lose the next 3, 2 at least.. and reset.

this was a bad ideea, i think it just happened, and then Jordans comment in the AsG sarted
    a bad fire

reset, lose, get ready for playoffs.

Denver making same mistake. Streaks are awful late in reg,. season

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    I don't get the argument that "no one will remember" if the Heat break this streak yet don't win the Championship-- are you kidding? 30+ game win streaks do NOT happen very often.. shit they dont happen EVER... everyone would remember this streak whether they won the championship or not.
    Houston did 22 games five years ago, and the only reason i remember was that it was talked
    about here during this one..

Houston bounced in 1st Round in '07-08

nobody ever talked about it again until another big streak.

they really don't add up to squat (imo)

Ratzz

this is stupid and indulgent. just lose...

rest up for playoffs..

would not be surprised if this comes back to bite them..

look at how badly they start every game.. they are bushed.

but they come back, 2H

which won't be able to happen vs. a good team in playoffs.

Ratzz

tsk. tsk. tsk.

foolish win.

Ratzz

damn. that took long enough
    i guess Lebron finally got my emails..

THANK YOU CHICAGO.

hopefully they get in 5 or more losses in the last remaining 11 games..

so nice and rested..

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I will never bet the NBA again...tonight put the nail in the coffin that the NBA is rigged and the players have no passion or work effort. I mean damn Heat, you were playing against a not good Bulls team who was missing their best players, while at the same time yourself being considered an elite stacked team, and you still lost. I thought you would have enough pride to try to at least set the record. You guys want to know what a truly elite, stacked team is? Alabama football. With very few exceptions, like that douche Manziel, the Crimson Tide are money in the bank consistently. Guarantee here is the jist of Lebron's post game conference..."You know bro, there's always tomorrow. I mean, and put this shit on my life dawg, will win next time. #Guarantee." While these overpaid no heart actors made 6 figures tonight, the common man got hosed. Even if you only bet $10 tonight on these pieces of shit, you got hosed. Stick to NCAAB, or better yet, wait until brotha ball is done...baseball is just around the corner.

Oh, and please don't compare the Pats record. Football players work every game...NBA players take the night off just about every night.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

LOL @ the brotha ball comment. Betting in general is a long-term losing proposition, but betting baseball is like throwing money into a sinkhole IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    wait until brotha ball is done...baseball is just around the corner.

Ratzz

okay.

i think after 2o or so wins.. a team gets gassed... most teams are exhausted far sooner than 27 games...

the streak speaks for itself. i personally think it is not so wise... but i guess they are not plans, they just happen..

time for some good 'ole losing, i say

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

glad they lost, they need to rest up for playoffs. They can't keep playing like this going into the post season, too stressful.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    glad they lost, they need to rest up for playoffs. They can't keep playing like this going into the post season, too stressful.

right on Git.*

that is what i have been saying from the outset... i know it wasn't planned.. there WILL be a hangover from this... i hope they lose a bunch b4 the playoffs start... hell.. lose 'em all...*

just reset. they are extended now.. Heat will almost certainly not cover next game..
    they should go on a 3-4 game L-Streak,, then win a game... then another L-Streak... then win a game..

i hope they lose 2-of-3 the rest of the reg. season, then start over.

hats off to the Heat, great run (and thanks to Chicago for ending this madness)

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I will never bet the NBA again...tonight put the nail in the coffin that the NBA is rigged and the players have no passion or work effort. I mean damn Heat, you were playing against a not good Bulls team who was missing their best players, while at the same time yourself being considered an elite stacked team, and you still lost. I thought you would have enough pride to try to at least set the record. You guys want to know what a truly elite, stacked team is? Alabama football. With very few exceptions, like that douche Manziel, the Crimson Tide are money in the bank consistently. Guarantee here is the jist of Lebron's post game conference..."You know bro, there's always tomorrow. I mean, and put this shit on my life dawg, will win next time. #Guarantee." While these overpaid no heart actors made 6 figures tonight, the common man got hosed. Even if you only bet $10 tonight on these pieces of shit, you got hosed. Stick to NCAAB, or better yet, wait until brotha ball is done...baseball is just around the corner.

Oh, and please don't compare the Pats record. Football players work every game...NBA players take the night off just about every night.
    which is exactly why the lakers streak is still standing
    getting all pissy that they lost u money doesnt make it less of an accomplishment

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    which is exactly why the lakers streak is still standing
    getting all pissy that they lost u money doesnt make it less of an accomplishment
    lol, JS

i think we reasonably deduce that this guy is a football player.. and geez,... i wonder where?

nobody snaps their fingers and winds 27 games of anything, including tic-tac-toe

it's a big accomplishment in any sport, almost broke a 40 yr. record. it was big.

but Rings bigger, good they lost, start fresh

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by BallerBoy View Post
    this guy has no brains...

Whats new, Rat boy getting called out for being ignorant in yet another pointless thread that he starts.
    Lose on purpose or you'll lose in the first round
    Team wins nearly 30 in a row & you think they lose a 7 game series vs the 8th best team in a weak conference?? Of course all they have to do to not lose in the 1st round is lose a reg season game on purpose

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post

Whats new, Rat boy getting called out for being ignorant in yet another pointless thread that he starts.
    Lose on purpose or you'll lose in the first round
    Team wins nearly 30 in a row & you think they lose a 7 game series vs the 8th best team in a weak conference?? Of course all they have to do to not lose in the 1st round is lose a reg season game on purpose

i said nothing of diminished ability.. **
    but winning so many games becomes exponentially more difficult as you progress.
    everybody tires. energy is finite. Ask Einstein, ask Newton

it is a matter of not extinguishing their inertia

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    do you know why the NBA eliminated the 5-game 1st round...? Too many upsets.
    for the above specified reasons. David Stern upped the 1st Round, knowing it radically improves the chances
    that the No.1, and No.2 seeds will advance.

an exhausted team will drop the first two games in a series..*
    when that *happens the team that is up, will gain a great deal of confidence and energy..
    they literally become a superior team.

NFL:
    Ravens were the Wildcard Team in the Superbowl, lost 4-of-5 going into playoffs.
    N.E. Patriots 16-0 (regular season) were better team on paper than the 9-7 NY Giants*(regular season)
    but only managed 14 pts in the Superbowl.

NBA:
    OKC went into last year losing 3-of-6 games in reg. season
    SA Spurs were on 10-game win streak, and winning a staggering 31-of-33 games.
    Spurs swept Rounds both 1st and 2nd rounds.. and won first two games in San Antonio.
    when they FINALLY lost a game, they lost 4-straight. Not even close games.. asses kicked.

as you go deeper it is about energy and momentum as much as talent/experience.*