No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I took the Queens +7.5 live midway through the fourth quarter

Seriously, does a dog EVER win an OT game in the NBA? EVER?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You've gotta be fvcking kidding me.

gbpack
    gbpack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    simply put... no. not that i remember. If you bet a single digit favorite just hope for ot and they will cover.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Bro, take Clippers -20, they win by 40 tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by gbpack View Post
    simply put... no. not that i remember. If you bet a single digit favorite just hope for ot and they will cover.
    I've never understood why you can't make regulation-only bets in the NBA.

If you can in soccer, why not other sports?

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

You bet the Kings live you get Kings results

Seriously what are you whining about? Sac is one of the worst NBA teams of all time

nba2013
    nba2013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Bro, take Clippers -20, they win by 40 tonight.
    i like it reckon your right !

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    You bet the Kings live you get Kings results

Seriously what are you whining about? Sac is one of the worst NBA teams of all time
    Because all the Heat had to do was end it at the end of regulation or the first OT and it would've been an easy winner.

It's not like I took them +2 or +3.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

It was a descent pick given how the game was going at the time. But the danger that Lebron and crew would step it up to pull away was always there. Unlucky, move on.

Aaron McCrevice
    Aaron McCrevice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

of course they do, but why wait until Q4 to get half the # of points you could've had before tipoff?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Most of the time no but they did cover the original spread tonight.

I lost the first half under in the Bulls game on a last second shot by 1 point. I think there were 34 points scored in the final 6 minutes and three defensive 3 second technicals called in the second quarter. Someone also get a technical during a TV timeout and when they came back from a TV timeout the Bulls were shooting free throws. I was like WTF, watch me lose by 1 now....sure enough.

Yeah, just another beat in the NBA. I'm used to it.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

The absolute last thing you want when you are on a dog that has played a close game is for OT.

You almost know you are going to get fukked.

BigDofBA

I forgot to add that the only times underdogs cover is when you have a favorite that is like -3. Then you will lose for sure.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Most of the time no but they did cover the original spread tonight.

I lost the first half under in the Bulls game on a last second shot by 1 point. I think there were 34 points scored in the final 6 minutes and three defensive 3 second technicals called in the second quarter. Someone also get a technical during a TV timeout and when they came back from a TV timeout the Bulls were shooting free throws. I was like WTF, watch me lose by 1 now....sure enough.

Yeah, just another beat in the NBA. I'm used to it.
    I took the 2q over in the Suns game after the first quarter was so low scoring.

With 2.4 seconds to go I need 1 point with Dragic at the line.

He missed both and is probably an 80% FT shooter.

If Derrick Williams missed them I would understand but Dragic?

Business as usual.

BigDofBA

I have under 96.5 in the second half of the Suns game. There is 20 seconds left and the teams have only score 71 yet I'm still fearful I'll lose.

Watch it goto overtime and if they can't get there in one overtime, it will goto two overtimes.

BigDofBA

You've gotta be kidding me. It's tied now. If this goes to overtime, I almost guarantee I lose by .5.

BigDofBA

Of course, they score 29 points in the third quarter so the entire 4th quarter I'm hoping for no overtime, as that's the only way I could possibly lose, and what do you know, it goes to overtime. LMAO.

Of course the Wolves would have to come all the back, take the lead, and then miss a free throw and let the Suns tie it back up at the end of regulation.

Aaron McCrevice

contract all 3 teams being discussed itt

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Of course, they score 29 points in the third quarter so the entire 4th quarter I'm hoping for no overtime, as that's the only way I could possibly lose, and what do you know, it goes to overtime. LMAO.

Of course the Wolves would have to come all the back, take the lead, and then miss a free throw and let the Suns tie it back up at the end of regulation.
    Amazing that the Suns only won by 1. What a "sharp" line.

pook
    pook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

Last night the Celtics were 7pt dogs @ Utah and won the game in OT.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Cardinal rule of live betting...you never take a worse line than what you could've gotten pre-game.

But yeah I mean not surprised the Queens lost by that margin...at one point I had a sick feeling they might end up pushing even the original 15 spread

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Cardinal rule of live betting...you never take a worse line than what you could've gotten pre-game.

But yeah I mean not surprised the Queens lost by that margin...at one point I had a sick feeling they might end up pushing even the original 15 spread
    Not true at all man. You got to take the best bet at the best time. Most people get sucked into live bets and halftime bets because they take a better line than the original line. Happens all the time. I don't live bet because I'm awful at it, but most the halftime bets I make that end up cashing are worse lines than the pre-game line.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Not true at all man. You got to take the best bet at the best time. Most people get sucked into live bets and halftime bets because they take a better line than the original line. Happens all the time. I don't live bet because I'm awful at it, but most the halftime bets I make that end up cashing are worse lines than the pre-game line.
    It is true man. The bottom line is, nobody knows how the games will go but Vegas is by far the best at getting the closest to the outcome/line. And if ur constantly taking a bad line live, you have given up any edge u may have. Now you can argue that based on the 'feel' for the game as u watch, u get a better idea. To some extent that might be true, but even then, nobody ever knows how things can change in this game within MINUTES. i.e. this kings game u had the feeling SAC playing hard etc etc and +7.5 seems like a gift, but what happens, not only do they not cover but they actually lose that spread in OT!! The same can go with favs when u think ur getting a little worse spread live but u convince urself ur team is playing well enough - but what happens within 2 minutes? Everything changes and u got the worse possible line.

Now obv live bets with worse lines cash at times...but I srsly believe u don't wanna be doing this as its got to be -EV long term.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Same shit happened to me when I took the Mavs+9.5 live against the Heat (pre-game spread was 10.5)

They lost by 10 in overtime...

Funny thing is when Dirk tied the game with 3 ticks to go I actually cheered that shot cause I'm a fan and thought my bet was beyond doubt. Little did I know...

Aaron McCrevice

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Funny thing is when Dirk tied the game with 3 ticks to go I actually cheered that shot cause I'm a fan and thought my bet was beyond doubt. Little did I know...
    never cheer until you cash.

Penetrated by your own team....still a fan???

Aaron McCrevice

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron McCrevice View Post
    never cheer until you cash.

Penetrated by your own team....still a fan???
    of course i'm still a fan. i make dozens of bets a week, i had a bad beat on one big fukkin deal. i can take a hit although it obviously pissed me off.