Formula
    Formula's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hold the MSG

Washington Wizards at New York Knicks

Under 207

The Fundamental
    No team in the NBA has a greater disparity in offensive performance Home vs. Away than the Wizards of Washington. At home they have the 2nd best offense in the NBA. On the road they have the 2nd worst offense in the NBA! This far into the season stats like these speak to an offensive flaw, not a fluke. It's important to also take into account their dynamic offensive performance at home against the Mavericks when your trying to look for reasons why Vegas has inflated this total.

As for the Knicks; their leadership has acknowledged they seem to have "fear" when playing at MSG. Apparently being booed by a New Yorker can cause even the best athletes to wish they were elsewhere. Ask A-Rod. This "fear" appears to manifest itself most on the offensive side of the ball where the Knicks are in the bottom third of the NBA when at home. On the road, they are in the top third of the NBA offensively.

The Technical
    Setup = LLL
    Raw Total = 199
    Trend Index = +2
    Projection = 201

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is another one I agree with you on bro.

The knicks aren't that high potent of an offense, and Arenas isn't the best of scorers on the road.

Good luck bud

Formula

I believe this one sets up for a sub 20 point output from Arenas after he torched Dallas for 38 in his last game. Gilbert has some real problems stringing together great games this season. It appears he is lacking some of the aggressiveness and quickness that he has had previously in his career.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Total is at 206.5 right now. I am considering a play here...

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Formula, first off WELCOME TO THE FORUM! I'm also liking the under in this game... Who would you play if u took a side in this game? I think I will stay away because both teams are unpredictable this season, but just curious! I love the thread headline as well!
    GOOD LUCK!

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i am on board

GLTA

Formula

Thank you, P2M. It is nice to see that the effort is appreciated. Funny you should ask about the side in this one. It opened with New York as a slight dog. That was the time to play the ML because the Knicks project as 3 points favorites. With NYK currently as 1 point favorites, a small spread play could be in order.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

OMG...defense takes a holiday - 66 points in the first quarter!

Doc JS

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS
    OMG...defense takes a holiday - 66 points in the first quarter!

Doc JS
    We already knew that the Knicks couldn't play defense, know it is apparent that the Wizards are onboard with them! We could get 5 of us from the FORUM out there and not give up 35 to the Wizards! Step it up gentlemen!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    We already knew that the Knicks couldn't play defense, know it is apparent that the Wizards are onboard with them! We could get 5 of us from the FORUM out there and not give up 35 to the Wizards! Step it up gentlemen!
    P2M,

This is prolly a lost cause...206-66=140 / 3 = 46 points per quarter for the rest of the game. This is going over big time...

Doc JS

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Theres no way this game stays under now. 121 points scored in the first half

Peyton2MarvinN06

Formula, I still think that this was definitely the right play bud... The Wizards never light it up like they have tonight on the road... 184 pts through 3 quarters... I think the Mystics and Liberty could suit up and still not keep this game under! Oh well! We'll get em next time!
    to this one!!!
    Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 12-06-06 at 09:08 PM.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was only a matter of time until a Knick's game went Over. The recent Under trend was not going to last. Neither team plays any defense and NYK bigs had thir way just like I thought they would. Arenas is a badass scorign 38 again. Wizards like the Bulls will streak and they just need a little time to get in a groove.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Formula

As for the Knicks; their leadership has acknowledged they seem to have "fear" when playing at MSG. Apparently being booed by a New Yorker can cause even the best athletes to wish they were elsewhere.
    teams from Philly also tend to be vulnerable to this phenomenon.

Formula

This one certainly wasn't even as close as the final might indicate. Both teams went out to dinner after the third quarter and it still went over by 7.

It could be said that the pick was solid by pointing out that the Wizards were unconscious from the 3-point line but that would just be a lie. Austin pointed out best what happened here. The long and short of it being lack of defense. If a team is never challenging any shots, then NBA athletes will develop a comfort-level that allows them to feel like they are conducting a shooting drill. This is similar to the way the NBA used to defend back in the glorious 80s. It was surprising to see that NY was able to keep up though. Defensively, Washington's bigs are typically sound. It's on the other end that they leave something to be desired.

Tempo was another issue that was not properly evaluated here. It was easy to see after only 4 minutes (as it often is), that both teams were determined to make this an offensive affair. Bad choice by the Knicks considering Washington had just lit up a solid defensive team from Dallas.

In wrapping this one up; it was a certainty that Washington would eventually perform well offensively and win one on the road. There's a good case to be made that it should have been evident this would be the game.

Even though we asked, it looks like they forgot to Hold the MSG. Now we've got a food coma and maybe we should Hit the Sack.