jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anthony Better Than James??

A little reversal right now, I would give nod to Carmella right now.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Not even close. James is much better, has a higher ceiling, and when it's all said and done, CA won't even be comparable to LB.

un1bomber
    un1bomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Kobe better then both

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Carmello is starting to look really good, but Lebron is more dynamic.

jjgold

Carmello is a much better one on one player and a much better off the dribble player, Lebron is a power player but this year Cavs are struggling and Lebron not dominating like last year.

Carmello is dominating the game much more than Lebron right now.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

carmelo was at the DU game watching one of his high school buddies the other day...cat wears some cool threads...

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Speaking of draft day debates... When is the Bobcats GM getting the boot for taking Emeka over Howard? Once Howard put on 20 lbs of muscle before the draft at 18, Emeka should have been passed over. The guy is a monster already.

Is there a player in the league that GM wouldn't trade for him? Cavs would give up Lebron in a heartbeat.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Lebron for Howard? I dont think so Bill.

Melo better then Lebron? No.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Howard is a real gem. Like Kobe, you can build a Team around him for a decade and a half.

But you build a League around talents like Lebron James. Do not even pretend to think that Anthony (a wonderful player) is even close to Lebron in terms of current talent and potential ability.

jjgold

Howard will one a title before Lebron and his height and rebounding is the difference. I would pick Howard over Lebron to start a team.

Lebron not controlling the ball enough this year. He looks softer also.

SquareShooter
    SquareShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

LeBron's problem is that his game is guard like but his first step is a bit too slow and he's also unable to change directions quickly while driving like smaller guards do.

He looked like he could became best b-baller of all time while at highschool. Not anymore.

But I would stil rank him higher than Carmelo in all aspects though.

And I also think that LeBron's ceiling is higher than Howard's because Howard's offensive game while improved drastically in big men's camps last summer still can't be called dominant. Recall Shaq's offensive dominance @ age of 20...21 before objecting. Lots of Howard's points are still garbage points and he's not the guy team goes to in decisive moments.
    LeBron was the go to guy for Cavs from day one...

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Lebron for Howard? I dont think so Bill.

Melo better then Lebron? No.
    Lebron's contract is a max and he will bolt in 2 years. Howard would be a no-brainer.

SquareShooter

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer
    ...When is the Bobcats GM getting the boot for taking Emeka over Howard?...
    'Cats then coach & GM Bernie Bickerstaff didn't have much chanes to pick Okafor over Howard because Howard was already gone when 'Cats got their call.

2004 draft went
    1. Orlando Magic - Dwight Howard
    2. Charlotte Bobcats - Emeka Okafor

By the way Bernie got a partial boot recently when he had to make a room for Michael Jordan who took over 'Cats basketball operations from Bernie last summer

As for Howard vs LeBron issue... its a matter of one's taste.
    Its official that good to all star SG/SF types are easiest and cheapest to find, while big men are the hardest to come by BUT thing is that successful franchises are built around dominant scorers who can score at will even on double teams if needed. Howard is not there yet. When he averages 25+ like LeBron does I might change my mind. He must polish his post moves and add some face up game. His use of triple threat position is not good imo. Right now he mostly overpowers his oponents but that takes lots of energy so I feel he's a bit slower at the end of the games. The talent is there he skill - not yet.
    Last edited by SquareShooter; 12-05-06 at 10:32 AM.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by SquareShooter
    'Cats then coach & GM Bernie Bickerstaff didn't have much chanes to pick Okafor over Howard because Howard was already gone when 'Cats got their call.

2004 draft went
    1. Orlando Magic - Dwight Howard
    2. Charlotte Bobcats - Emeka Okafor
    You're right! Iv'e been thinking Emeka was first. I remember the Bobcats beint ecstatic after the first pick but it was because they got the guy they wanted at #2.

Who was third?

SquareShooter

Ben Gordon who won the 6th man awrd and finished 2nd in Rookie of the year balloting in his first season but seems hitting his ceiling by now.

3 years later it seems that Andris Biedrins from GoldenState Warriors should have gone 3rd.