KingDF
    KingDF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Portland +7 Tonight? - What The Hell?

They beat Clippers last night by 1 and tonight they are a +7 underdog... how does that work?

Not only that, the score was over 200 last night and tonight the over/under is 191.5

I'm taking

• Blazers +7
    • Over

Is anybody injured or not playing on the Blazers today? I'm just baffled by the spread and points.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Maybe the line is around 7 because Portland is 7-13 on the road and the Clip Joint is 19-5 at home. But with Paul out Portland may be the play. GL.

DallasMaverick41
    DallasMaverick41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 687

CP3's condition is still unknown for this game tonight.
    LAC is playing in LA, only advantage I can see tonight compared to last night's game.
    I still think Portland should have won by a much bigger margin last night. They held a 13 point lead in the third quarter and just gave it away in the fourth.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by KingDF View Post
    They beat Clippers last night by 1 and tonight they are a +7 underdog... how does that work?

Not only that, the score was over 200 last night and tonight the over/under is 191.5

I'm taking

• Blazers +7
    • Over

Is anybody injured or not playing on the Blazers today? I'm just baffled by the spread and points.
    You're looking @ this wrong on so many different levels it's not even funny

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

So does that mean every time 2 teams play the total should be set at what the total reached for the last game? Good logic dude.

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clippers are a diff team at home... Be careful fading them against a young Portland team

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
    Clippers are a diff team at home... Be careful fading them against a young Portland team
    The Clippers suck without a real good point guard to help create space for their shooters and they are starting to regress when defending the 3 ball.

If Paul is in, the -7 will be a cakewalk to cover. With Paul out, they will get demolished. And with their record, they probably won't rush Paul back.

Spoon19xx
    Spoon19xx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Clippers are lost out there and bledsoe is not a strong backup

Intwoition
    Intwoition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

I'm taking

• Blazers +7
    • Over

Last night at game time in Portland, the line was LAC-1/Por+1. There is about a 3 point home court advantage built into the line. If you now have LAC at home vs. Portland that is a 6 point line swing...guess what LAC-7/Por+7.

As for the over/under - I haven't even looked at the box score, but I can tell you that either one or both teams shot very well (50% plus), or the pace of the game was faster than they normally play (more shot attempts).

It all deviates back to the norm - the books keep it right in the middle - and look for an over-reaction from bettors based on recent events.