SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Play Pistons at Heat

Play Pistons at Heat

Game Time: 11/30/2006 8:00:00 PM

By: Marc Lawrence
    Marc Lawrence's Playbook: Free and Guaranteed Picks

The Miami Heat are stuck in an early season rut and still without big man Shaquille O'Neal on the inside to help Dwayne Wade. And that makes the Detroit Pistons the right play Thursday night in South Florida Miami when they meet the Heat in this matchup of preseason favorites from the Eastern Conference.

The Pistons journey to South Beach with revenge on their minds from last year's playoff series loss against Miami.
    Play Pistons at Heat

Detroit (9-5) is 4-3 on the road so far this year and paced in the scoring column by Richard Hamilton's 22.1 average. Rasheed Wallace leads the team with a 9.6 rebound stat while Chauncey Billups leads the team in assists with 8.2 per game.

The Heat, 6-8 overall, including a 3-5 mark at home, are coming off a 103-91 win against the 76ers in Miami on Monday. Dwayne Wade is averaging 28.1 points per game while leading the team in assists (8.4) and steals (1.5). Udonis Haslem has been the rebounding machine with 9.5 per game while Shaquille O'Neal has been out of action.

With Detroit 8-4 ATS in this series during the regular season, look for the Heat to slip to 2-7 ATS at home this season.

Play: Pistons

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

As far as the side goes in this game, I would have to agree.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am leaning towards the under in this one. I am still breaking down the side.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pistons the play.
    4 – 0 ATS when favored by less then 6 points.
    5 – 0 ATS against teams under 500.

Miami has played 24th easiest schedule in league and are still 2 games below .500 (SU)
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 11-30-06 at 12:59 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't plan on betting the side in this game at all, but if anyone is playing the Heat tonight i'd love to hear why.