BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The end of the Bucks game

Let me start off by saying I had no money on this game.

The spread was 6 or 6.5 depending where you got it. At the end of the game Philly was down 6 and fouled with 7 seconds left.

The Bucks made both free throws to go up 8. Philly proceeded to walk the ball up court and then dribble the time out at the three point line without attempting a shot.

If you're not even going to attempt another shot, why foul there just so you lose by 8, and dribble the final 7 seconds out?

What a coincidence this effected the spread....

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

where unamazing happens

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

No point to attempt a shot. Just go to the locker room and head home or wherever you're going.

I was on sixers and yea it was stupid but oh well. Seen far worse beats.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

It's pointless but 99% of guys would have attempted a shot there if the spread were +11...

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I played MIL -1 2H (-9 FG), that bet was dead at that point. But I feel bad for Sixers backers. Absolutely no point to foul there. And players always shoot garbage time shots to boost stats.

I never think these games are fixed, I just think Holiday wasn't thinking straight.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

They dont like taking shots at the death cos it affects their 3point stats. Best to do what they did and just hold the ball. Its also good etiquette. Philly should be applauded for this.

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the guy had missed both free throws, they would have had a very remote chance of making 2 3s to tie.

Blastie
    Blastie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxscout View Post
    If the guy had missed both free throws, they would have had a very remote chance of making 2 3s to tie.
    Exactly. That is why players foul at the end of games, hoping free throws are missed. Not so the line can be covered.

RabidGolfer
    Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!
    RabidGolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

Quote Originally Posted by Boxscout View Post
    Same thing I was thinking. I doubt it was Anything more

RabidGolfer
    Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!
    RabidGolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

Quote Originally Posted by Blastie View Post
    Exactly. That is why players foul at the end of games, hoping free throws are missed. Not so the line can be covered.
    Personally though, I am grateful. I had Milwaukee -6, So I went from a push to a cover. Really could've gone either way.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Donaghy only exposed part of the Nba fixes from the officials point of view.

Tonight's game was on the players. Sixers clearly did not want to jeopardize the Bucks cover ats.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you guys really think these guys go in the locker room and check the second half spreads of games and carefully plan it out in real time?
    Last edited by OhMyEli; 01-22-13 at 11:06 PM.

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    Do you guys really think these guys go in the locker room and check the second half spreads of games and carefully plan it out in real time?
    Of course. Who wouldn't jeopardize a job that made you famous and paid you millions per year to win a sports bet for a few grand?

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

funny, i saw a bird walking on the ground the other day. i thought they could fly.