Melda
    Melda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4169

Rockets -3

Anyone else believe this is a good spot for the Rockets to get a cover here? Possible let down for LA. Whats Pauls status? The first game missing a star player teams always cover...but the 2nd and so on isnt as trustworthy

radostin.dimi
    radostin.dimi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I'm on Rockets ML.GL!

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Looks like a trap line to me it opens at 1 1/2 and goes all the way to 3 smh against the best team in basketball idk bout this gm probably pass

Melda

yesss....a trap line for Clipper backers...?

Melda

tough to bet against LAC against anyone though

JayDeezy
    slow money's better than no money
    JayDeezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Melda View Post
    yesss....a trap line for Clipper backers...?
    they said the same thing the other night vs. the Griz... we all know how that turned out

Melda

Quote Originally Posted by JayDeezy View Post
    they said the same thing the other night vs. the Griz... we all know how that turned out
    In my eyes the trap was taking the Grizzlies last night.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

They just destroyed the tactically efficient Grizzlies. Betting against an elite team as an underdog is not smart IMHO.

JayDeezy

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    They just destroyed the tactically efficient Grizzlies. Betting against an elite team as an underdog is not smart IMHO.
    what he said

pazim
    Update your status
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

Quote Originally Posted by JayDeezy View Post
    After a win against good teams, letdown could go longer than 1 game. Grizzlies beat spurs and then they lost to dal, and lac. Last week Houston beat lakers and went on to lose their next couple games. Lakers are that good anymore, but they considered good by many. Houston had their little losing streak and they are well rested. Clippers on the other hand played yesterday and also beat Grizzlies by a huge margin, which could result in a letdown.

JayDeezy

Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    After a win against good teams, letdown could go longer than 1 game. Grizzlies beat spurs and then they lost to dal, and lac. Last week Houston beat lakers and went on to lose their next couple games. Lakers are that good anymore, but they considered good by many. Houston had their little losing streak and they are well rested. Clippers on the other hand played yesterday and also beat Grizzlies by a huge margin, which could result in a letdown.
    using this kind of logic will only deplete your bankroll.
    You could say that the reason those teams lost were more likely due to playing b2b, instead of a "ah, we just beat a good team, time to slack off for a bit" logic.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont see any value here on the Rockets. Probably wont play the Clippers as well because of the back-to-back and the style of play of the Rockets, but I will give it a thought. But the Rockets, as a 3 point favourite, against a team that even without Paul is way better than them? No way. No value. I don't care what kind of spot it is.

Expect the Clippers to do exactly the same the Sixers did for a good portion of the last game to Harden btw, harrassing him and taking the ball out of his hands.

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I took memphis last night and got whipped not betting against the clippers in this one. Houston isn't really that good BUT in the NBA you just never know which team will show up.

Melda

Line is up to 3.5 now.... Vegas may be anticipating a BLOWOUT

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Houston can score, something Memphis has big trouble doing last night

Clippers has that game won by halftime they were really never challenged

I think a rested Houston team will push the pace and if they get any sort of big lead I don't see LA keeping up here. They had their big win without CP3 I just can't see them keeping up tonight

Then again I'm probably 0-5 betting against LA (including last night) that team just kills my dreams

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else believe this is a good spot for the Rockets to get a cover here? Possible let down for LA. Whats Pauls status? The first game missing a star player teams always cover...but the 2nd and so on isnt as trustworthy
    Yes,I know this game is fixed for the fact that the public is all over the clip show but the line is RLM!

Don't flatter yourselves by capping the games but instead flatter yourselves by spotting the fixes.................

Melda

[QUOTE=PAULYPOKER;17497910]Yes,I know this game is fixed for the fact that the public is all over the clip show but the line is RLM!

so Pauly, do you believe that the Rockets will show up pretty hard tonight? Say both teams are coming off 2 days rest even with Paul out... I think LAC would be -3 instead of the opposite

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

The Public is not all over the Clippers. It's a 60/40 split right now. Games where its huge public plays are 95/5 - 90/10. Those are the games to be weary of. This one is just off 50/50 which is pretty much how the books prefer it. Had they made Clips the favorite with -3 it would more than likely have resulted in a higher public play. With this spread you'll have more sharps betting the Rockets and calling a team that is practically 3 deep per position of far more talented players "fatigued" after last night.

Clips played a b2b vs OKC early in the season after beating the Spurs the night before and almost won in regulation with a missed clutch from CP3 before losing in OT. Here we are against the Rockets playing the same play style as LAC, only Clips play it much better and play D much better than the Rockets. Clips a 700 team with 2nd best record in the NBA 1-1 behind OKC.
    Last edited by brainfreeze0; 01-15-13 at 05:14 PM.

PAULYPOKER

so Pauly, do you believe that the Rockets will show up pretty hard tonight? Say both teams are coming off 2 days rest even with Paul out... I think LAC would be -3 instead of the opposite
    No capping here,this is strictly fixed for the Rockets.............

Stern Power!!!

brainfreeze0

Don't understand why everyone thinks Stern is so in love with Rockets just because of Lin. He's getting far more publicity and filled arenas with the Clips. Magic's referred to them as the new Showtime. Their games are far more exciting to watch and are attracting a huge audience because people like watching them play. Houston arenas don't even sell out even with our big surplus of Asians here in Htown, and that's talking from experience.

Thats like saying Pekovic is getting sterns love because he gets all of Russia/ ukraine etc. It's simply not true.
    Last edited by brainfreeze0; 01-15-13 at 05:59 PM.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
    Don't understand why everyone thinks Stern is so in love with Rockets just because of Lin. He's getting far more publicity and filled arenas with the Clips. Magic's referred to them as the new Showtime. Their games are far more exciting to watch and are attracting a huge audience because people like watching them play. Houston arenas don't even sell out, and that's talking from experience.
    Stern is just the puppet to cover or take the heat for the vested.............

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Congrats clippers backers, rockets shooting 50% from the free throw, I hope these overrated pos team loses by 50

double
    double's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 263

Clippers +3.5 was the easiest bet of the night. Kicking myself for not going more than $50 on it.

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Houston can score, something Memphis has big trouble doing last night

Clippers has that game won by halftime they were really never challenged

I think a rested Houston team will push the pace and if they get any sort of big lead I don't see LA keeping up here. They had their big win without CP3 I just can't see them keeping up tonight

Then again I'm probably 0-5 betting against LA (including last night) that team just kills my dreams
    never betting against the Clippers again. ever

brainfreeze0

haha, they made you a believer I see. They're so deep with so much talent on starts and bench fatigue isn't really an issue. Although I might lay off betting them when they play Minny next

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

no way should the rockets be favored over any .500+ team again

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    no way should the rockets be favored over any .500+ team again
    Clippers are just that good. I really thought this was a terrible spot for them after destroying Memphis last night and playing their 3rd in 4 and second straight without CP3. I swear I will never bet against them again. Either I'll blindly tail them or just stay away. Nothing more frustrating than betting against a team and having them continually just beat you over and over, especially considering none of the games I bet against them were close