Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Lets Discuss Clippers/Grizzlies for Monday

Line is Memphis -3, it is -2.5 at some books. Both teams coming off bad losses. Memphis got blown out yesterday in Dallas, Clippers lost a close one at home to Orlando.

I'd have to imagine this is a big revenge spot for the Grizz dating back to last years playoff matchup.

Kind of want to go big on Memphis here. Thoughts?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2197

I like Memphis here. Clippers have proven to be a force to be reckoned with but they have cooled off a bit now.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

As long as we dont see one of those 1 in 10 games Wayne Ellington shootouts, I think the Clippers will take this one and send another loud message to the league

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Rudy Gay will be out for tomorrow's game, he will be attending a funeral.

I still like Memphis. They'll go back to their old ways in pounding the ball down low with ZBo and Gasol.

JM92

The clippers will colapse everytime and force a bunch of turnovers on them. And who's gonna shot the three ball? Only Mike conley and Ellington like I said, without Rudy Gay I'll be on the Clippers for sure.

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

public perception no rudy gay thats doesnt mean clips win, just check previous game history when a teams star player is out. as recent as celtics go to what used to be known as the worlds most famous arena to play the knicks without rondo ? anyone care to tell me that score. teams normally step up in adverse situations example when teams star player is out

JM92

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler View Post
    public perception no rudy gay thats doesnt mean clips win, just check previous game history when a teams star player is out. as recent as celtics go to what used to be known as the worlds most famous arena to play the knicks without rondo ? anyone care to tell me that score. teams normally step up in adverse situations example when teams star player is out
    if you use that argument you are just as dumb as the public. the public fades because the "star" is out. you back because the star is out. both you and the public are doing the same mistake, see where I'm getting at?

In this particular game I think Gay is a big absence. Like I said, expect the Clippers to colapse everytime the bigs are in trouble and specially if Jordan or Blake get in foul trouble. The Grizz have three legitimate shooters from three, without Gay, they have two. Gay might have struggled a little bit against Barnes, Hll or even Butler puting the ball on the floor, but none of them have the combination of length and atleticism to bother Gay's jumper, so he could be a factor for sure.

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Memphis.
    Griffin is overrated in my opinion, the man has killer dunks but that's it. Yes Gay is out but Memphis will deff use their bigs to their fullest potential tonight. Like always, Z-bo is about to grab boards all night long.
    It's going to be a good game so GL Speedy

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Memphis even more now that Gay is.out

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

nail biter game, GL. i think they will collapse on gasol and none of his hook shots will go in. z bo will probably shoot over people ok. paul will have to be creative and will probably turn the ball over a lot.

heat and wizards tonight for me

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like Memphis a lot Speedy.

Good luck.

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

I like Memphis here. But the clippers are the much fresher team in this spot. The Grizzlies are playing their 6th game in 9 nights. The clippers are barely playing their 3rd game in that same span. The Grizzlies were on the west coast for 3 games, then travels back to Memphis for a game, then Dallas the next day, and now have a day off before facing off with a really fresh Clippers team.

I'm reading Rudy gay is out, that just makes them less deep. As much as I want to take the Grizzlies, will they really be able to get for this game or was the game in Dallas the end of that?

Thoughts?

JM92

line already dropped one full point. I dont mean to be this guy but I think some of you really need to read what I wrote previously here about rudy gay being out.

TheDarkPassenger
    TheDarkPassenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7946

Chris Paul is out