hubbard689
    hubbard689's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs resting starters

I have not read this anywhere except by a couple posters in KhmerKid's thread for today. Has it been confirmed they're resting some/all of the starters?

comppicks35
    comppicks35's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only thing I could find was this blog post on SB Nation
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/...ew-york-knicks

exerpt from the posting:
    "Of course the last time Pop faced a SEGABABA on the backside of a FOGAFINI he sent four of his troops home on a plane and it cost the Spurs a cool $250,000 from Stern. Perhaps Pop will do it again. Who knows for sure except for Pop? The Spurs will win if and only if Pop thinks this game is worth pushing his guys the distance to pick up the W from a non-Conference opponent. Even if he does, who knows for sure? The Silver and Black look like that they have the deepest bench in the league. Could the bench mob hand the defenseless Knicks their second straight home loss? The only thing for sure about this game is that Woodson has his hands full in teaching Apostrophe defense."

"Game Prediction: No Spur plays over 30 minutes and they give up the ghost at the very end. Knicks by 3. Vegas says Knicks by 1. It would be nice to pick up a game on the Thunder and Clippers but I just don't think Pop is going to push the guys this side of the All Star Break."

Use this as you wish.

Artieaa
    Artieaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1185

IMHO if they were to rest the starters line would not be as now, when they sit starters vs Heat line went from +5 to + 13, and books closed it while doing that change.

hubbard689

Interesting, thanks fellas. Don't even know if I'd take Knicks against Spurs reserves with how they're playing right now plus Spurs bench nearly pulled off the W when they flew the guys home and got fined. Probably going to stay away.

SmoovCruz
    Update your status
    SmoovCruz's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats the play on this game boys? knicks? or melo's points prop

hubbard689

Very mind-boggled over this one. Maybe take Knicks -1 now and hope either Spurs rest starters or are just tired out and under-perform due to 4th game in 5 nights; but if Spurs all play and play like they have been/Knicks play like THEY have been, Spurs could win by like 15... Tough call

radostin.dimi
    radostin.dimi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Maybe better play is the total.

SmoovCruz
    Update your status
    SmoovCruz's Avatar Become A Pro!

just flipped a coin locked in my bet on Knicks ML! good luck

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Pop doesnt care about this game and will rest his starters. He just will do it in a more subtle way than against the Heat. The Knicks need this one and the Garden will be pumped for this one.

comppicks35
    comppicks35's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would play the Spurs at the half and maybe a total on the game. I like the OV, but I think it may be a close call; OT is also a possibility since the "experts" think this is a Pick-Em game and that would make the OV look real good.

Those who like the Knicks (and I haven't seen a lot of the game highlights since Amar'e came back, which is why I'm asking), but how do you see the team chemistry with Melo hurting but still throwing up shots, Amar'e possibly causing a rift coming off the bench, and Felton out?

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Quote Originally Posted by comppicks35 View Post
    I would play the Spurs at the half and maybe a total on the game. I like the OV, but I think it may be a close call; OT is also a possibility since the "experts" think this is a Pick-Em game and that would make the OV look real good.

Those who like the Knicks (and I haven't seen a lot of the game highlights since Amar'e came back, which is why I'm asking), but how do you see the team chemistry with Melo hurting but still throwing up shots, Amar'e possibly causing a rift coming off the bench, and Felton out?
    Melo will be ready tonight. The Spurs are going to be tired. I see a Knicks 8pt win

snakemeron91
    snakemeron91's Avatar Become A Pro!

doesn't really matter to me, I really do think knicks is the play. 4/5 nights is a death trap regardless of who's playing. these guys aren't superhuman here.

PickyBob
    PickyBob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

Everyone's playing, chief.

http://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

This is a Knicks or no play for me, Felton out for the Knicks is huge as I can see Tony Parker running all over Kid and Pergioni. Still, I have to assume the knicks are hungry for a win at this point. Might just do Knicks for the small.. very small (so I have a game to watch) lol

wager1
    wager1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    This is a Knicks or no play for me, Felton out for the Knicks is huge as I can see Tony Parker running all over Kid and Pergioni. Still, I have to assume the knicks are hungry for a win at this point. Might just do Knicks for the small.. very small (so I have a game to watch) lol
    So u have the NBA package I assume? Cause its not on national tv. When i saw schedule only 2 games tonight i figured it was a TNT double header. But i guess cause of the bowl game no national tv. makes me less inclined to bet, as i like watching my losers, haha.

Eagles27

Quote Originally Posted by wager1 View Post
    So u have the NBA package I assume? Cause its not on national tv. When i saw schedule only 2 games tonight i figured it was a TNT double header. But i guess cause of the bowl game no national tv. makes me less inclined to bet, as i like watching my losers, haha.
    I actually just stream the games online

Yinz Hooligan
    Yinz Hooligan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

with everyone still playing it seems vegas still has knicks winning a PK...i put a small amount on the knicks hopefully it works out.

Eagles27

Quote Originally Posted by Yinz Hooligan View Post
    with everyone still playing it seems vegas still has knicks winning a PK...i put a small amount on the knicks hopefully it works out.

My local has knicks at +1 so I just took the ML at EV

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

spurs backups will play big tonight and win

Told You So!
    Told You So!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I'm going big on the Knicks and Im instafade material...Bet the Spurs!

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Artieaa View Post
    IMHO if they were to rest the starters line would not be as now
    You think?

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't think he will do it, he got in so much shat last time vs. the Heat...
    for him to pull this again against another contender would invite too much trouble, imo

either way i like the Knicks 1st half

GoeGurt
    GoeGurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 966

if the game is close at half time i think a half time bet on the knicks would be a good play