Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

ATL -3, Houston PK and Wiz -1?

Alright so these are just my leans for today, but wanted to hear some feed-back before placing bets. Keep in mind, two of these bets are based on possible players being in and possible players being out.

1.) Fawks, yes they have been struggling (lost two in a row) and in my opinion have been playing shit the past four games (which includes a big loss to the warriors, than an uninspiring performance against the wiz (which they won), but then back to back losses to OKC (which is understandable) and getting blown out by the sixers (not so much understandable).

So why Fawks? The bulls are coming off an emotional game any NY, where Noah was ejected and here is the reason I am leaning Fawks, word on the street is that Noah might be suspended for tonights game? I also hear Deng injured his shoulder last night and is questionable for tonight? If for some reason Nah and Deng are both out tonight or at the very least Noah out and Deng at 50%, I have to say Fawks should be a pretty good play here.

2.) Houston PK, for what ever reason Memphis always struggles in Houston (haven't won there in years), dont see any reason why that trend would end tonight? Also, ever since that win in NY, I kinda feel like houston is starting to hit its stride a bit (maybe not contenders), but I can see them squeezing out a win at home against the grizz tonight.

3.) WIZ, now this is an interesting one. Wiz got blown out by 32 points last night, however that was without two of the wizards best players (Nene and Beal). Looking at the spread, im sure many people are saying +1 for Detroit after they blew out the Wiz is a lock, however Im guessing there is a probability Nene and Beal will be playing tonight? If so, then I think the Wiz are the play? If not, Detroit probably owns the WIz again (maybe not by 32, but 7-8).

Anyway, thoughts?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

The hawks spread has me scratching my head. Both on a b2b but if indeed a guy or two is out it makes more sense as to why books are stiff on hawks. Trend for hawks is to win one and loose on at home against bulls and line plays right into that.

Houston I lean grizzly here. Houston is 0-5 against top 5 power ranked teams. Grizz play a grinding physical type game. Houston at -1 is basically saying they just have to win to keep this home court trend alive between these 2. For me it's time for a road winner after 8 straight home winners.

as far as Washington goes at 3-21 it's better to just fade or make each of there games a no play. There is no value in trying to catch the 4th win.

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

According to rotoworld, it looks like Noah will play, No word on Deng but his shoulder was hurt last night and after the game he said he asked the coach to keep him in so it would stay warm, and also Taj Gibson might not play (ankle). It would be really slick, though, to bet on the Hawks and have Noah get suspended because without him last night the Bulls just started unraveling...

Eagles27

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post
    According to rotoworld, it looks like Noah will play, No word on Deng but his shoulder was hurt last night and after the game he said he asked the coach to keep him in so it would stay warm, and also Taj Gibson might not play (ankle). It would be really slick, though, to bet on the Hawks and have Noah get suspended because without him last night the Bulls just started unraveling...
    I agree, Noah playing/not playing is huge in my determining factor. If they have the full squad, I might just stay away from this one. Still trying to dig for more info on the Wiz, I feel like thats a strong play if beal and nene are back.

hubbard689
    hubbard689's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha just did a good amount of research and made 4 picks, and 3 of em are actually the exact opposite of yours. Taking Chi +4, Det -2, Mem -1 and Ind -4.

Eagles27

Quote Originally Posted by hubbard689 View Post
    haha just did a good amount of research and made 4 picks, and 3 of em are actually the exact opposite of yours. Taking Chi +4, Det -2, Mem -1 and Ind -4.
    Geez.. lol. I think Detroit is the toughest one because everyone is blindly hopping on Detroit without even noticing that both Beal and Nene were out last-night. Im thinking Vegas insider info knows they will be playing tonight, which is why the line opened at -1 for Det. Im still doing reasearch though. Havent done any digging on the Indiana game, but I might just end up sticking to my guns and roll with ATL and Hou (for sure) and the Wiz/Det game will be pending if I can find some more relevant info regarding the status of beal and nene (no way I am putting money on Wiz if both those guys will be out again).

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

He didn't say they were picks, he said they were leans. Maybe if you say what your research turned up, you can lean him in new directions...

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Went with the Hawks. The line seems to be asking for Bulls bets especially after their win over the best home team.

And Nene and Beal playing?

Eagles27

I guess we will see how good my gut feeling is lol, I ended up going with ATL -3, Wiz ML and Houston PK. Lets see what happens, I really wanted to take the bulls, but my gut feeling said to take the fawks (just cant see them having another let down at home, players are all healthy, they just haven't been clicking lately, maybe the bulls coming to town will get them amped and ready for the occasion, especially after getting whooped last night). So this is the last chance for the fawks, if they blow this, I am not wagering on them anymore lol. The Wiz bet I took (gambling that Beal and nene would be playing), if they dont play, im not even going to bother watching the game lol anyway, best of luck to everyone

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Beal and Nene are playing, and starting...im alittle worried about my pistons bet :S

Eagles27

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Beal and Nene are playing, and starting...im alittle worried about my pistons bet :S
    Nice! I had a feeling they would and im sure bookmakers knew this. The real question is though, how healthy are they to be able to make a significant difference? I think we have ourselves a game though, def shouldn't be a blow out like yesterday with those guys on the floor (assuming they are able to log a decent amount of mins).

vasilli07

Hawks cashed!

Considering Blazers and Lakers now.

Eagles27

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Hawks cashed!

Considering Blazers and Lakers now.
    Damn Wiz, I should have listened to Innovation. My initial lean yesterday was actually Detroit, but when I woke up this morning I was thinking Wiz. Oh well, Im waiting to see if Houston hangs on, at the moment I am leaning Golden State, probably not going to play the Suns/Blazers game.

Eagles27

Took a small play on Golden State to close the night, lets see what happens (mainly just for fun, I want to see the Lakers lose and want to root for the warriors lol).

vasilli07

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    Took a small play on Golden State to close the night, lets see what happens (mainly just for fun, I want to see the Lakers lose and want to root for the warriors lol).
    Good luck. I'm on Blazers.

Eagles27

Good luck. I'm on Blazers.
    Thanks, I was also leaning Suns, but just stuck with GS. Looks like Blazers are down double digits, hope they turn it around for you in the 2H

vasilli07

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    Thanks, I was also leaning Suns, but just stuck with GS. Looks like Blazers are down double digits, hope they turn it around for you in the 2H
    Got a lucky break to push. Bought half a point to -3.

Lakers will need a big 4th quarter to turn it around.

Eagles27

Got a lucky break to push. Bought half a point to -3.

Lakers will need a big 4th quarter to turn it around.
    Push is a better than a loss, I know some people got Portland at -4 because the line moved up once it was announced Alridge was playing. Portland played a lot of mins tonight, thinking about fading them tomorrow night against the kings.

vasilli07

But Kings will be without Cousins tomorrow. I like Jazz more. Millaps, Big Al and Favours should have a field day against a Magic team without their 2nd best rebounder Glen Davis.