laca07
    laca07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

New questions: How do you watch lines? Player impact on lines.

Maybe you don't, but I do for specific games. I am by no means an expert, just curious how others do it.

I use some public % reporting sites, have injury report sites open, and I'm usually logged into a few different online books and/or sportspunter, sbrodds, similar sites. I also have an app on my phone that monitors specific books & dings me when there's a change. This seems intense but i just leave it up in the background while I'm working and check things if my phone dings. I'm not betting big enough $ to justify paying for a reporting service.

Caught a 4pt accidental flip in a book yesterday. I was so flabbergasted I didn't hammer it. This probably doesn't happen often, but it did mean the diff between a win and a loss.

---

From experience, can people tell me how much a mid-level, mid-to-upper level, upper, super star players etc tends to move lines when they go out? I know this is situational, just trying to get an idea on ranges. I noticed the BOS / CLEV line moved 0.5-1 pts (depending on the book) today due to Vaerjao & Gibson being gametime decisions. The NYK / HOU line moved 1.5-2 pts when Melo sat out. Any insight would be appreciated, just trying to learn.

mojojo
    mojojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I look at lines intensely as well. I dont follow too much on top of how many points is being adjusted due to a player being out. To me the justification of a line is determined by its ml value. For the most part if i feel that the ml for a favorite team is being undervalued i usually play the opposing team. For example, if a team is -3 the value of the ml should be about -150. Anything lower i would be suspect and anything higher i would take them regardless. Over this season i've just been taking screenshots of the values of lines before game time. And i would use that as my own reference for future games. It works about 75% of the time but nothing is ever guaranteed in the NBA.

laca07
    laca07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Thanks for the feedback. That's interesting and gives me something else to keep an eye on.

mojojo
    mojojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

yah np. gl on your plays

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bought the line of the parlay of the spread of the line reader @ T minus -203 reduced juice.