pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

Which play offers better value?

BET 1: OKC -7.5 risk $315 to win $300

BET 2: Teaser (5.5 points, ties reduce)--> OKC -2, MEM -2, risk $405 to win $300

It's really hard for me to see either OKC or MEM losing tonight, but I don't feel so sure about OKC covering the spread. On the other hand, calling two games correctly is a lot harder than calling one game correctly...

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post

BET 2: Teaser (5.5 points, ties reduce)--> OKC -2, MEM -2, risk $405 to win $300

It's really hard for me to see either OKC or MEM losing tonight, but I don't feel so sure about OKC covering the spread. On the other hand, calling two games correctly is a lot harder than calling one game correctly...
    I would bet only 1 game if I have to choose reason being that if you don't like how OKC is playing but are leading by 3 or 4 at the half then you can get on the lakers in the 2nd half thunder would still be fav in 2nd half to cover the original number

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post

Bet #1 you are risking less plus you only have to get one game right....I would pick Memphis over New Orleans. The Lakers are so up in the air.

pip2

Quote Originally Posted by keel44 View Post
    Bet #1 you are risking less plus you only have to get one game right....I would pick Memphis over New Orleans. The Lakers are so up in the air.
    I think there is a pattern behind the Lakers apparent madness. They swing back and forth from game to game between killing opponents and losing ignominiously according to whether their opponents have a strong defensive presence in the post. If the Lakers can abuse the opposing post players, 2 things happen:

1 Kobe plays nice and gets all his teammates involved in the game
    2 The Lakers three point shooters (who can't make 3-pointers to save their lives if a defender is anywhere near them) will get so open that they will start burying 3 after 3.

But if the opposing post players are strong enough defensively (UT, MEM, SA, LAC, even ORL ), then Kobe will react to the lack of front court success by dominating the ball more. For limited periods of time Kobe's ball dominance can keep the Lakers in a game, but eventually, it will constipate the Lakers' offense and Kobe himself will tire out to the point where he isn't as effective.

Since OKC is pretty well equipped to defend the paint, I think tonight is going to be one of those ignominious defeats for the Lakers.

pip2

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    I would bet only 1 game if I have to choose reason being that if you don't like how OKC is playing but are leading by 3 or 4 at the half then you can get on the lakers in the 2nd half thunder would still be fav in 2nd half to cover the original number
    I think you guys are right. It is time for me to quit pussy-footing around with teasers and whatnot, and just lay the money down on OKC to cover the spread. Thanks!

Butterface
    Butterface's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Yea take bet #1 and never look back