GoonSquad
    Penn fuckin State
    GoonSquad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sixers+3.....Lowry and Fields OUT for Toronto

Philly just won at New Orleans, and at Boston. No reason why they can't take Toronto. They are starting to come into their stride. Holliday is playing perfect basketball right now, and Turner is becoming the number 2 option. Toronto will only win if Derozan goes off for 40, but I highly doubt that

BTW the backups for Lowry and Fields are Jose Calderon, and LINAS KLEIZA.

The Architect
    The Architect's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Calderon is more than an adequate replacement to lowry and fields being out really isn't that much of an issue. he's a role player, just like kleiza. BOL to you though

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Just moved from -2.5 to -3, I'd be careful.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

On Toronto

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

1-4 team is a 3 point fave over a 3-2 team that was a win away from the Eastern Conference Finals a season ago. Bet accordingly.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

This has got to be the weirdest shit ever. Biggest advantage for Raptors here would be their depth and specially Lowry on the offensive end and on the defensive end smothering Holiday. Now without Calderon and Kleiza/Anderson most of their bench productivity will be gone as well as there best player and the guy that would be a match-up nightmare. Yet, the Raptors, the 1-4 disapointing raptors, are -2.5 and going into -3?! I'm on the Sixers and won't back out of it, but this is as strange as I've seen in one and a half seasons of betting.

The Architect

heavy betting on the sixers as well, and the line has remained -2.5 and moved to -3 pretty much everywhere. I started a thread on this but I guess nobody cared to notice, LOL, but the sixers are the WORST, as in last in the league, in PPG. Great win for them last night vs boston, back to back on the road. Toronto will be tough for them.

JM92

I know they are, so what? They are also third best defensively. and certainly a better team than the raptors so far that even with Lowry and Fields should hardly be more than -3 against the Sixers. I mean the sixers just were + 4.5 against the Knicks if you remember correctly.

ps: and don't tell me you actually look at ppg to determine your bets, I'm pretty sure someone who's been here since 09 knows better!

The Architect

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    I know they are, so what? They are also third best defensively. and certainly a better team than the raptors so far that even with Lowry and Fields should hardly be more than -3 against the Sixers. I mean the sixers just were + 4.5 against the Knicks if you remember correctly.

ps: and don't tell me you actually look at ppg to determine your bets, I'm pretty sure someone who's been here since 09 knows better!
    Lol, I'm not saying that PPG is a determining factor, I'm just saying that this team really isn't proven or reliable on offense at all. They play pretty good defense sure, but fatigue can be a factor in games like this. traveling on the road 2 days in a row after a tough game in boston last night that they obviously really wanted to win. let down factor could be in play tonight, and maybe they won't be so tough defensively...that, along with the fact that they already struggle offensively, and I think raptors are really a good play here. why would the lowly raptors, without their best player, even be favored in this game to begin with?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I'm suspicious of this line

Raptors are -3 without their best player? Philly looks easy.

No play for me.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by GoonSquad View Post
    Philly just won at New Orleans, and at Boston. No reason why they can't take Toronto. They are starting to come into their stride. Holliday is playing perfect basketball right now, and Turner is becoming the number 2 option. Toronto will only win if Derozan goes off for 40, but I highly doubt that

BTW the backups for Lowry and Fields are Jose Calderon, and LINAS KLEIZA.
    Oh no offence but this write up is so far off.

Turner is nowhere near Phillies number 2 option, Fields backup is Alan Anderson and the Raptors do not need DeRozan to go for 40 points to win. Oh and Holiday has had like 7 turnovers in each of the last two games and is averaging 5 per game. Not quite perfect basketball.

lunchbawks
    NB#

Calderon is as good as a starting pg

JM92

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Lol, I'm not saying that PPG is a determining factor, I'm just saying that this team really isn't proven or reliable on offense at all. They play pretty good defense sure, but fatigue can be a factor in games like this. traveling on the road 2 days in a row after a tough game in boston last night that they obviously really wanted to win. let down factor could be in play tonight, and maybe they won't be so tough defensively...that, along with the fact that they already struggle offensively, and I think raptors are really a good play here. why would the lowly raptors, without their best player, even be favored in this game to begin with?
    yes but like you said, if you take all those factors out, they should be favourites, let alone 3 point dogs. so even if they are on a back-to-back, I can't help but find this line really strange. 4 points (let's its four) because of the fatigue factor?

and the sixers must want to win all games until Bynum's here... let's not forget Doug Collins is one of the most passionate guys around, I certainly took that into consideration toniht.

Yet had I seen this line movement it would've likely been no play. still, what's done is done.

The Architect

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    yes but like you said, if you take all those factors out, they should be favourites, let alone 3 point dogs. so even if they are on a back-to-back, I can't help but find this line really strange. 4 points (let's its four) because of the fatigue factor?

and the sixers must want to win all games until Bynum's here... let's not forget Doug Collins is one of the most passionate guys around, I certainly took that into consideration toniht.

Yet had I seen this line movement it would've likely been no play. still, what's done is done.
    of course they want to win every game, but they 100% had extra motivation for last night. boston sent them home last year

JM92

I know dude. So far, better game than expected. Good luck to you

The Architect

as to you. hopefully this isn't a nail bitter like cleveland last night

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol what will the Raps do without Landry Fields??

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Lol Raps getting killed in the 2nd quarter.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

25-5 second quarter lol

JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

This raptors team looks so bad valancasnufuluphagus is garbage i dont know what all the fuss was about.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Hate Rape-tors !!!!!!!!!!!! are a noobs !!!!!

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

ugly performance to go with the ugly jerseys

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Lol Raps getting killed in the 2nd quarter.
    32-7.... what the shit was that

GoonSquad
    Penn fuckin State
    GoonSquad's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much for the toronto backers that thought Calderon could replace lowry