imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Detroit Pistons -1.5 WTF? Pistons should roll here right? THOUGHTS?

Detroit is only -1.5 in here? O.k they lost to the Bucks big deal the Celtics lost to New Orleans after Red Auerbach died.. Other than Pierce the Celtics are pretty much young and inexperienced..

I already have 2 units on them and will put more after I hear some of thoughts.. Guys this should be a good one...

Pistons!!

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

i noted that line as well (although i saw -2 never -1.5), and put 1 unit down on it. i'm going to look into it further but i'm pretty sure i'll keep it and may add another one.

imgv94

Ganchrow is that you??

Mr. NBA
    Mr. NBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6616

gyno.....be real careful here. Dont make this too big of play. This is a classic trap game.....tread with care my friend.

mn

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr.NBA, That was my first thoughts as well when I seen that line.

imgv94

Line is just off IMO... I don't think it's a trap...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The books are certainly looking for Detroit money. That doesn't mean that's not the right side, but this could be a case of "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."
    Anyway, best of luck.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Line is just off IMO... I don't think it's a trap...

I hope your right for your sake bro. However, I must side with Razz's comments on this one.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit without Wallace gave up a ton of points inside against Milwaukee. Teams will be exploiting that all season.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of bets coming in on Pistons. Line hasn't moved. Makes me worried about taking Pistons at what already seems like a short line.

imgv94

Line is back down to -1.5

I am not going to lie fellas this isn't to my liking...

Pistol Pete
    Pistol Pete's Avatar Become A Pro!

imgv these are professional in detroit that got embaressed, trust me they will be on their game tonight. Bucks are a good team with alot of size Boston is not. I know they lost Ben but that doesnt mean the other 4 players forgot how to play D.

Detroit is also a team that get up when they feel they are gettin no respect. I do not feel they are the same team but KNOW they can beat one of the worst teams in the east. I love this game and it is a 10 unit play for me

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is indeed one of the classic trap situations, an early-season small road fave against a seemingly weak home team. but i'm going to stick with my 1 unit play, because of the "character" of detroit and what i see as a very important and substantial backcourt edge for detroit.

getting owned inside by milwaukee definitely got detroit's attention, and they are likely to be hyper-aware of it for this game, and trying to make adjustments.

for boston, telfair and rondo are very suspect in the backcourt. with boston, you get an inexperienced and unfamiliar backcourt with dubious on-court credibility (remember last year when telfair was running things for portland, and they were repeatedly getting blown out by 20 points?) while with detroit you get the opposite of all that on every count. in a game after an opening day home loss, trying to establish an identity and legitimacy after losing a key player (check this quote: "I'm so tired of you all talking about Ben," normally unflappable power forward Antonio McDyess said. "He's gone, we're not going to get him back. It's about us trying to come together as a team to find our identity now that he's gone." ) i think that will loom large.

still, i only write all this to feel comfortable with the pick if it loses, because it truly is a classic, classic trap situation.