SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

WTF.... ending to UTH @ MEM???

Fukkin 2 T's and my under is fuct

jabber811
    jabber811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

I've never been screwed more on an over/under than the ending of this frigging game.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Yeah what a ridiculous ending...Grizz inbound to run out the clock, but a turnover results in a technical, flagrant foul, and another basket, all within 3 seconds.

Literally the ONLY sequence of events that could've pushed the total over in 3 seconds and guess what, exactly what happens

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I feel ya man. Disgusting.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

ive had worse beats... but thats all time top 10 material right there

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

All started with Z-Bo taking that 3. Right away I felt something dodgy was on.

Sharkl11
    Sharkl11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, i turned away from the the game because I had the over and looked terrible. Jesus miracle!

SimonTwigg
    SimonTwigg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I had the OV, I was assuming I was fukked. UND backers definitely got screwed in terms of that last sequence. Normally any player will just dribble it out or chuck up a long shot. It's very rare you see a player drive the lane and lay it in for no reason at all.

I'm happy I was on the right side. I'm sad that a lot of guys got screwed that had the right play.

But that's the business. You make a play-- sometimes you win, sometimes you get screwed over unbelievable circumstances.

It's always better to be lucky than good.

Tonight under backers were good, but they weren't lucky.

Sharkl11
    Sharkl11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I get unlucky plenty of times. Good to be on the lucky side for once.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I had under also. Reading this thread let me know that I had the right mindset, just shady shit is impossible to handicap.

SimonTwigg
    SimonTwigg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I had under also. Reading this thread let me know that I had the right mindset, just shady shit is impossible to handicap.
    Yep, at least nearly impossible. NBA is shady... and tough. At least it's almost 8 months long to bet on

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

memphis is the sketchiest team in garbage time
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Twinsen

prophetability
    prophetability's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

I agree with everyone here I think Randy Foy was just padding his stats.. had utah at +5 so it didn't affect me but the Jazz being dominated and the grizz forcing turn overs did.

Twinsen
    Twinsen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    memphis is the sketchiest team in garbage time
    I didn't have money on this game, but I definitely agree with you on this one. I'm almost scared to bet on a Grizz game for a win because of this fact. And I live in Memphis.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Is this worse than having Brooklyn team total over 101 and having 86 by the end of the third quarter and the fukks only scoring 10 points in the fourth? If so not by much...

AdamStock1983
    AdamStock1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

I had the over but this was BS. Memphis turned it over but it was a scumbag play by Foye. Memphis was going to dribble the clock out and Foye snuck up behind the player stole the ball and went in for layup attempt.

Usually teams just let them dribble out the clock but Foye was lurking in the back court and snuck up and stole the ball. I hit my bet but that was a scumbag play

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Had a strong lean on the under but decided to lay off. I was kicking myself when I checked the score in the third quarter for passing. Then I checked the score this morning and read the post-game report.

It's a bad beat for under backers - and a lucky break for over backers. And I disagree that it's better to be lucky than good. In the long run, luck always turns but it's disciplined capping and money management that gives you the edge (no matter how small).