riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Lakers - by the Lakers homer

If you know me you know i'm a Lakers homer and i'm the first to admit that. My family has been season ticket holders since the 80s and I feel like I have a good grasp of the team's personality and the way the cards tend to fall for them.

Yes this team is struggling right now; however I am very confident that they will get it together and will definitely compete for a championship this year.

In regards to tonight's game; I see it getting very ugly for the Lakers. The Clippers love trying to run this team off the court, and what a perfect time for them to stick it to their older brothers than now. My advice for tonight's game is this...Take the Clippers, lay off, or if you can get a live line, wait until you get the Lakers +8 or more.

Another strategy I've found that has worked well with me in betting Lakers games is waiting until halftime. When the Lakers are up at the half, I tend to fade them for second half (unless it is a 1 or 2 pt lead). When the Lakers are down at the half, they tend to fight back more often than not and I tail em.

As the season progresses, I will bump this thread with new thoughts from Downtown LA. Good luck everyone.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

is there ANYONE who can run for the lakers? against "fast" teams they will struggle. like tonight i think. good luck!

fletch49
    fletch49's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any clue as to why they are not taking advantage of Steve Nash' skills?? He is averaging just 25 minutes of playing time in the first two loses. I don't understand this!!

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    is there ANYONE who can run for the lakers? against "fast" teams they will struggle. like tonight i think. good luck!
    Outside of Jodie Meeks and maybe Ebanks, I would say you're absolutely correct. Ebanks is lost out there right now so I don't see him as an asset whatsoever right now. However, don't put it past this team to make upgrades on the bench during the season.

Don't forget. This is the same team that people will call "the best team in the league" when they win 5 straight and "the worst team in the league" when they lose 2 straight. The fact is that people EXPECT them to win, and when they don't there is a Lakerland panic session. 3 major issues the Lakers have are quite obvious. Maybe even 4. Turnovers, Defense, Bench, Mike Brown.

Some of those are easier to fix than others, but I am confident they will figure it out.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by fletch49 View Post
    Any clue as to why they are not taking advantage of Steve Nash' skills?? He is averaging just 25 minutes of playing time in the first two loses. I don't understand this!!
    This also frustrates the hell out of me...And I hate to "blame the coach", but I will do just that here. Watching a "Lakers behind the scenes" episode on the Lakers Time Warner Channel, they showed when Nash first met Mike Brown in the locker room. Mike Brown was CLEARLY intimidated and made passive jokes like "You here to take my job Steve?". And I think this is directly connected with Mike Brown telling Nash to "run the offense the way he wants to". That is something a coach like Phil would never say. He would say "run the offense THIS way". What Mike Brown should have told Steve was "do what you do. do what you've done your entire career!"

riffraff24

btw - My Nostradamus prediction is the Lakers go 0-3 then finally pull out a win vs Detroit.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    btw - My Nostradamus prediction is the Lakers go 0-3 then finally pull out a win vs Detroit.
    Had Lakers -3 1Q and have them -7 for the game. Taking Pistons -2.5 for the 2H.

riffraff24

The day Laker fans have been waiting for since day 1 - the firing of Mike Brown!

The so-called defensive minded coach? That's the thing. The one thing he was supposed to champion was their main downfall. Defense translates into offense and they were just stale all around. Mike brown and his entire coaching staff had to go. When multiple players have a higher basketball IQ than the entire coaching staff you know there is a problem.

Current front runners to replace MB are Jerry Sloan, Mike D, and of course Phil Jackson. The Lakers have spoken with both Mike D and Sloan who are both interested in the job. They have not yet reached out to PJ but they intend to.

This is going to make a huge difference with this team. A team with this kind of star power needs a proven coach to guide them; which is why as a Laker fan I am hoping Mike D does not get the gig. Jerry Sloan would be a perfect fit. He mastered the Malone/Stockton pick & roll and I could expect him to recreate something similar with Nash and Dwight. And if you add KB24 and Pau to that mix it could spell big trouble to any team trying to defend them.

But of course lets not jump to any conclusions. No matter who the hire is it will still take some time to get the ball rolling. I have no idea what to expect tonight, but I can tell you that Lakerland is ecstatic over this move. I will be at the game tonight and I am 10 times more pumped than I was when I woke up this morning.

Haters gonna hate, but the Mamba death stare is the end all and end of Mike Brown. Don't be surprised if the Clips hire him #scraps

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

I was really willing to be patient with the system and Mike Brown. He never had control of the team. Can't wait for our new coach and hope it's not Mike D.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers714 View Post
    hope it's not Mike D.
    mike d is a whiner and has bad body language and players tune him out. was so excited when he left NYK

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    mike d is a whiner and has bad body language and players tune him out. was so excited when he left NYK
    I agree. I would even take Brian Shaw before Mike D. This is my preference rank:

Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Larry Brown, Brian Shaw...................................M ike D.

riffraff24

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Lakers are going to need an experienced Coach like Jerry Sloan at this point (I doubt phil jackson comes back).

fly fisher
    Update your status
    fly fisher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3610

I would like to see it become Jerry Sloan. Man, I am so glad Buss, finally got rid of Brown.

riffraff24

I agree Sloan would be awesome. But if Phil was interested I'd go with him first

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Lakers just need a coach who can get out of the way and let the stars play. Bring in D'Antoni!

Mike Brown was overthinking everything. When you have 3 future HOF'ers, all you need is the high-screen pick and roll. Easy as that.

pip2
    pip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3403

Thanks riffraff. As far as how things play out tonight, I am thinking that depends a lot on how happy the players are to be rid of Brown. Do you have any insight into the players' reactions (are they all as happy about this as Kobe probably is)?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

LAL -2 1Q is a solid bet IMO. Laker players should come out fired up.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I like it. Also like Kobe pts but the prop isnt up on 5D yet so not sure what the # will be. Probably about 26.5...

A note from Kobe:

Tough day. I've seen coaches as well as friends come and go. No matter how many years I've been playing, it's still hard to deal with. I had a good relationship with Mike and I will continue to have one. I wish him and his family nothing but the best. I spoke with him today and thanked him for all of his hard work and sacrifice.

As a team, we must focus our energy on tonight's game. We must block out the weight of today's news and simply do our jobs to the best of our ability.

I'm not sure what direction we are heading in next. All I can do is focus on the here and now.
    Mamba out

riffraff24

To those who think this was too soon... Lakers fired Paul Westhead after 11 games in 1981-82 ... won title that season with Pat Riley as a rookie coach.

riffraff24

Phil Jackson cancelled his appearance at a Chicago convention yesterday. Today he was spotted at LAX although he does live in Manhattan Beach. This could really turn out to be a huge addition to this Hollywood story if it happens, but I still see Sloan and D'antoni as front runners. For now!

riffraff24

And now Dwight says he wants Phil...

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...-a/2012/11/09/

riffraff24

Mike Brown at Chik Fil A??!?! Oh no!! Maybe he will coach the Utah Jazz??

http://laist.com/2012/11/09/fired_la...brown_hits.php

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

i agree, i took the Lakers 1st Half... G/L bud

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

What else is better to bring up the spirits of a unemployed fat black dude then a tasty fried chicken sandwich. Go get you some, Mike.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Personally, Im a huge Laker homer myself but you just cant bet on this team right now. Ive lost hundreds of dollars out of pure stupidity in just these first 5 games but there are A LOT better games out there to bet on tonight.

Lee Jones
    Lee Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

Lakers should cover tonight. This is what they have been waiting for.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Jones View Post
    Lakers should cover tonight. This is what they have been waiting for.
    So what? Whats gonna happen? Are they just gonna go out there and play street ball?

Lee Jones

Guess we will have to watch and see tonight. I just think they will be fired up for a change and this will be a new be like a fresh start for them. Might just toss a small 1Q bet down instead of whole game though.

Lee Jones

Under in jazz vs nuggets will save me anyways. This is just a freeroll

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    So what? Whats gonna happen? Are they just gonna go out there and play street ball?
    GS is banged up and I think this gives the guys an opportunity to stop thinking so hard and just play basketball. They were getting so frustrated trying to learn the new bullshit offense Brown was trying to implement. Not only is this a good time for them to stop thinking, but a great time for them to develop some chemistry by going through this. And now they know the front office means business and really wants to give them the necessities to win now. Sorry i'm rambling...just smoked a fat blunt of kush . Off to get some pre-drinks before walking to the game. seeya boys!

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Im fired up for tonight. Im so pissed i cant watch the game. Gotta have shitty Analog Time Warner Cable to watch Laker games now. So dumb.. Im still dropping money on them tonight. Im a Square Ass Homer Fuk.

Lee Jones

Lakers -7.5 and under in it plus under in spurs vs kings and jazz vs nuggets plus parlayed for 4 for i am sooo shaaarrrp baby!!!

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Hit my first half bet.. Im thinking about doubling it up -1.5 second half... Viva La LAkers!!!!

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    Hit my first half bet.. Im thinking about doubling it up -1.5 second half... Viva La LAkers!!!!
    Fuk, I locked in o195 last night and felt good when the total jumped to 198.5 before tip. That bet is dead. Now chasing o99 2H. BOL to u bro.

12 Last