therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Aussie Aussie Aussie, OI OI OI $

Had a decent season before, hoping to continue into 2012-2013. My goal for this year is to be more disciplined with less plays. I'm doing this more for myself to keep track of my plays and my goal is to make a profit by the end of the season. How big a profit? Who knows.

I'm traveling from Australia to the United States late March for two months and will be forfilling some childhood dreams of catching some NBA games. In particular the Lakers, I bought court-side row b tickets for me and my girlfriend for the Clippers vs Lakers game in April. Will be making a large wager on this game that I will not count towards my total. My immediate goal will be to make a nice profit by the time i'm in America but we shall see.

Good luck mates!

therealdealau

30/10/2012

Wizards/Cavs Over 188.5 (1x)

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Hey fellow aussie I'll keep an eye on this thread mate, hopefully we have a productive season!!

therealdealau

Quote Originally Posted by SiMON2g View Post
    Hey fellow aussie I'll keep an eye on this thread mate, hopefully we have a productive season!!
    G'day mate, sorry I never responded to you in your thread i forgot i posted! I'll keep an eye on yours too and hopefully we can cash together. Thank god NBA is on, NBL was ruining my eyes.

prophetability
    prophetability's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

Hey lads, just curious are you guys mostly using Aussie books? I rarely use the TAB but they can be generous for underdogs, otherwise I'm using 365, Pinny and BOL. Good luck guys I'll be following this thread.

TheFlash
    TheFlash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1735

Aussie brah checking in

EDIT: I use bet365... odds on everything early especially college ball. Best betting website.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

GL bro

Tried to PM you back the other day but your messages were full!

therealdealau

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    GL bro

Tried to PM you back the other day but your messages were full!
    Hey pal, sorry about that should have fixed it now.

therealdealau

Welcome brahs.

I use sportsbet.com.au / centrebet

If I ever do a large wager I use TAB and get the cash.

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Good luck. How much did the tickets cost and how did you buy them. Would like to do the same thing sometime

alister888
    alister888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

Another Aussie here checking in..My favourite book is bet365, especially for in-game betting, whilst it's also good to sometimes take advantage of the slow reactions of books like sportsbet, which will definitely happen a few times throughout the season. I'm going to wait a few games before going too deep on some plays but I like the BOS/MIA under 186 & if a Dwight Howard exotic becomes available that isn't too badly inflated, I'll get on that (against Eddy Curry + potentially no high Kobe fga).

All the best to everyone

SiMON2g

Plenty of aussies in this thread, I use bet365, i have for a long while now. No complaints!

therealdealau

Quote Originally Posted by aussieH View Post
    Good luck. How much did the tickets cost and how did you buy them. Would like to do the same thing sometime
    Cheers. I bought the Clippers/Lakers courtside row b for $1250 each, the seats look killer. I purchased them through TicketsNow, i've also collected a couple other tickets (Boston/Heat Dallas/Lakers off starhub).

KktdocT
    United Kingdom
    KktdocT's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL, mate.

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Must really like your nba at that price.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Good Luck! You killed it last season. I like that total play, might throw a few bucks on it too.

Congrats on making the dream happen & scoring courtside tix for the Battle of LA.

Another Oz bettor checking in. I think we've all had enough of the NBL & can't wait for the Wizards/Cavs to get the action going.
    Last edited by MrXYZ; 10-30-12 at 07:30 AM.

therealdealau

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    Good Luck! You killed it last season. I like that total play, might throw a few bucks on it too.

Congrats on making the dream happen & scoring courtside tix for the Battle of LA.

Another Oz bettor checking in. I think we've all had enough of the NBL & can't wait for the Wizards/Cavs to get the action going.
    Cheers pal appreciate it. Keeping it small and low volume for the start of the season - that's the plan anyway.

Been supporting the Lakers since I was 10 years old, I cannot wait. I picked the perfect year to go as a Laker fan too so hopefully the stars align and I kill this season!

I've been following along in your NBL thread, it's a disgusting league. I live in Perth and am a season ticket holder to the Wildcats, they are the only team I can comfortable gamble on. I think i'll place two largish wagers on Wildcats to win the title and Wildcats minor premiers. Enough about that trash, let's roll NBA.

I have a heavy lean on Heat 1H -4 but I don't think i'll play it, if they were playing any other elite squad i'll roll with it but the Heat/Boston always have unpredictable games (I think Boston rolled the Heat twice in the regular season)...

Thanks to everyone chiming in, good luck boys!

That Guy
    That Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 361

GL mate. Hopefully have a big year and score some more courtside seats - living the dream.
    Like the Wizards / Cavs OVER.. two junk sides that should keep it pretty loose you'd think.

therealdealau

Heading to bed now, here's a little prayer to the NBA gods that Kyrie's teeth are okay and he not only plays but dominates tomorrow. Plenty of 3's and dimes. Do it for your fellow Aussies Kyrie!

therealdealau

Well the NBA gods answered my prayers, I should have been more specific and ask for the over. The Wizards will be alright when Wall is back in action. Unlucky on the over as shots weren't falling...I woke up and watched the first quarter felt good - got into the car got to work and was wondering what happened in the second quarter. Lots of good defensive plays and blocks by both teams it appears.

On to my next play for today...I had leans on all three games and my first lean mentioned above (heat 1h) hit so i'm going to play my other leans simply because it's opening night, i'm a laker home boy and i'm excited - my boss just left for the day so i'm going load up NBA tv sit back with my office door closed and watch my boys get it.

Lakers 1Q -2.5 (1x)
    Lakers 1H -5 (2x)

So I had told myself at the start of the season I would not bet the Lakers for awhile till I watch lots of their tape and get a feel for them however I feel like this is a great spot to bet the Lakers, opening night at Staples. Why? Firstly Dallas are a completely new team and with Kaman/Dirk out they have a considerably weak front court. I think Nash and Gasol will work nicely together tonight. The disastrous preseason that the media is blowing up about will also be on their minds I believe and they will want to come out hard for their fans for opening night.

Good luck!

therealdealau

therealdealau

Wizards/Cavs Over 188.5 (1x)
    Lakers 1Q -2.5 (1x)
    Lakers 1H -5 (2x)

RECORD 1-2 -2 Units

Not the best start to the season. Lakers definitely will be left alone for awhile now, historically Lakers 1Q at home has always been cash so i'll keep an eye on that play.

I've got some heavy leans tomorrow on Indy -2, Denver +2 and Utah -8.5...will have write ups after work. Hopefully you guys had some better plays than me today. Let's get it, it's a long season gotta plug away.

I like Kings +6.5 and Clippers -3.5 as well so many nice games tomorrow....
    Last edited by therealdealau; 10-31-12 at 12:22 AM.

therealdealau

Denver +2 (2x)

No Bynum, new pieces in the 76ers team I just don't think they'll be as good defensively as they were last year and their offense will be out of sync for the start of the season as they adjust to each other. Denver on the other hand have a game plan and have such a deep team that I believe they will simply outscore the 76ers here. They are so deep in the front court as well which will cause all sorts of issues for Philly.
    Last edited by therealdealau; 10-31-12 at 01:43 AM.

therealdealau

Utah -8 (2x)

Whole board is on this which worries me greatly, one of my favourite betting angles is to fade SBR especially if its a dog. However Dallas on a back to back road trip in Utah will not fair well. Minus Dirk/Kaman the bigs of Utah WILL take advantage of this and unlike the Lakers will hit their freethrows. Utah are a solid team at home.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Good luck. Not an Aussie, but studied at UNSW for a semester, good times.

therealdealau

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Good luck. Not an Aussie, but studied at UNSW for a semester, good times.
    Cheers mate. Where you from? Did you enjoy your stay?

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

From Boston and loved it. Lived right by Coogee beach and used to catch Randwick Rugby matches.

therealdealau

Lakers -2 (1x)
    Grizz +4 (1x)

therealdealau

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    From Boston and loved it. Lived right by Coogee beach and used to catch Randwick Rugby matches.
    Awesome man that's a nice spot. I'm going to the US next year and cannot wait.

therealdealau

Bad day, didn't follow my leans went against one of them (grizzlies) bet the lakers again, just poor play by me. Back at it tomorrow.

NBA RECORD 2-5 -4 Units
    Last edited by therealdealau; 11-01-12 at 12:22 AM.

SiMON2g

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealau View Post
    Bad day, didn't follow my leans went against one of them (grizzlies) bet the lakers again, just poor play by me. Back at it tomorrow.

NBA RECORD 2-5 -4 Units
    Let's get that paper back tomorrow dude!

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rough start realdeal but you'll peg it back. I watched your progress last season and you did well. I'm sure you'll do better this season.

I'm another Aussie as well and I use sportsbet.com.au . Their customer service has been excellent and I also like to jump on their slow movement of US sport.

Myself and Al grabbed a fishy line they threw out last season in one of the MIAMI / BOSTON playoff games. U/200. Put 5 units on it and they cancelled before the tip. I complained post-game, and not only did they give me 3 x $75 free bets but after Al and I wrote to the minister for sport and gaming they also paid out on my initial 5 unit play without my money ever being at risk, because if it went over 200 I wasn't going to complain.

Best of luck for the season. I'll be watching with interest and routing for a fellow Aussie.

therealdealau

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    Rough start realdeal but you'll peg it back. I watched your progress last season and you did well. I'm sure you'll do better this season.

I'm another Aussie as well and I use sportsbet.com.au . Their customer service has been excellent and I also like to jump on their slow movement of US sport.

Myself and Al grabbed a fishy line they threw out last season in one of the MIAMI / BOSTON playoff games. U/200. Put 5 units on it and they cancelled before the tip. I complained post-game, and not only did they give me 3 x $75 free bets but after Al and I wrote to the minister for sport and gaming they also paid out on my initial 5 unit play without my money ever being at risk, because if it went over 200 I wasn't going to complain.

Best of luck for the season. I'll be watching with interest and routing for a fellow Aussie.
    Hey pal appreciate the support, I remember you checking in on my thread last season cheers for coming back! Hopefully no one is tailing me yet, I hope to get sharper on my analysis and heat up once the teams are in a rhythm. I have a couple interesting plays tomorrow that I hope hits to push me closer to evens.

Sportsbet is great, they also offer a lot more options than other online bookies in Aus including player props not to mention LIVE options on every game which can be deadly. That's great to see they paid you!

Good luck to you and once again cheers for the support mate.

therealdealau

Spurs -1.5 (1.5x)
    Tony Parker Prop Over 7.5 Assists (0.5x)

Heavy lean on under 204

First of all Aussies this line is available at centrebet at 1.91, my other books have it at -2. This play is based off public perception, they have hammered the Western Conference champs here. My biggest concern is the Spurs on a b2b but that didn't seem to worry them too much, they should be motivated to play at their first home game of the season. The Spurs shot a notoriously bad 3 point percentage by their standards last night, they only made 6, I expect Neal and Green to find their stroke at home, there is just something about that court and the Spurs hitting shots. I'm hoping OKC's rotation is a little confused and that they spend most of the game trying to find themselves whilst the Spurs are putting up points. I think Parker will be really involved in this game, last season in the playoffs he really stepped it up individually against the Thunder and in the first two games he exposed OKC's pick and roll defense. With Manu out again tonight, Parker will have to be the main play maker. Danny Green needs a big game, if he has a good shooting night i'm comfortable here.

SiMON2g

Let's cash my man!!

1234 ... Last