bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think about the Celtics this year ?

the Celtics will go only as far as Pierce can take them. I think there are waaaaay too many question marks on their roster. Ainge has to hope that Telfair is ready to be a starting point guard in the NBA and that Szczerbiak can effectively play alongside of Pierce. I'm thinkings it's gonna be another trip to the lottery for them this year.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Telfair is overhyped at this point. He hasnt proven anything in the NBA, to me anyway. If the Celtics dont improve this year, then its time to move on, and stop trying to build around Pierce. You can only try to ride that so much.

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

They might win 35 games.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

The owner is pretty hands-on, and I think a slow start could put Doc Rivers in trouble.

With Larry Brown available, maybe the Celtics make a push for him? I think the Celtics would be a great fit for Brown. He could work with Pierce and one of his favorite players (Ratliff) is already on the team. Plus, Brown's coaching idols are Red Holtzman, Dean Smith and Red Auerbach. Plus, Auerbach loves Brown for beating Phil Jackson and denying Jackson his 10th title, so Red stays tied for first all time with 9.

Haven't read anything about Larry Brown, and whether he's even looking to coach again.