moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Vecsey with another bombshell rumor

I didn't bother reading Pete's article, it's on the front page of realgm for anybody who's interested.

Vecsey's Source: LeBron Will Opt Out To Join Knicks
    20th October, 2006 - 9:08 am
    New York Post - A high-level source 'swears' LeBron James will opt out of his contract following the 2011-2012 season in order to become a member of the Knicks.

This according to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post, in an article about a feud between Isiah Thomas and Greg Anthony.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Real GM and Peter f*n Vescey have a "scoop" about something that's "certain" to happen five years from now? And it's about how the Knicks will revive the glory days? Pinch me.

Vescey's got the Isaiah Thomas-level career desperation and the Baghdad Bob-level credibility going -- always a nice combo.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

New York Post. How do you feel about them Willie?

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

what a horrible piece of trash article

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

If he was gonna opt out in 5 years, then why did he just sign that deal in the offseason.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    If he was gonna opt out in 5 years, then why did he just sign that deal in the offseason.
    Maybe he wants to see how the Knicks do in the next 5 years. So he is not stuck with that sorry ass team until then.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

More likely Lebron will sign with the Nets. His contract with Nike doubles if he plays for a large market franchise. I think he'll play one more season with Cleveland and then entertain offers.