Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Will Melo start over Durant when the real tournament starts?

Obviously you can't go wrong with either guy, but Durant is the better player. I think Coach K is thinking of doing the same with Durant as he did with Wade in 08, with Wade being the best and most efficient player on that team even off the bench.

Melo may deserve the spot because of age, but who knows. If I'm coaching it's a tough decision but Durant is obviously better right now.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Carmelo is the perfect PF for international play, I don't know if Durant can guard PF's.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

If you go by what Carmello brought to the table 4 years ago at the games, then he deserves to start even though today, KD is the better player.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

all good points. Speedy my strategy would be to move Lebron to the PF if you want to start Durant. Either way, the US won't be losing the medal this year.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Doesn't matter who starts on that team

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    If you go by what Carmello brought to the table 4 years ago at the games, then he deserves to start even though today, KD is the better player.
    What about what KD brought 2 years ago at the WC? He was the team. KD's game translates to international ball better than ANYONE in the NBA. If this was about winning and not paying tribute to stars, KD would play more than 30 mins a game and the rest of the players would defer to him on O. Kobe and Melo wouldn't start and would have limited minutes.