Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Spar, your whole argument is subjective except for whatever the video is on YouTube which I assume to be flopping. Tons of players do this so you must hate them all. Do I think LBJ is the greatest of all time? No. Does he have the ability? Yes. Only time will tell what his legacy will be and that is fact.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    jordan and kobe are not loved??? they are arguably the most loved athletes the nba has seen since the 80s
    Wow, you and I both live in Philadelphia and we are both Eagles season ticket holders, but we must live on different planets. I am under the impression that the entire country outside of Chicago can't stand Jordan and the entire country outside of LA can't stand Kobe. If I know 300 people in my life, I don't know a single one who wishes success upon Kobe Bryant.

SparJMU

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    Spar, your whole argument is subjective except for whatever the video is on YouTube which I assume to be flopping. Tons of players do this so you must hate them all. Do I think LBJ is the greatest of all time? No. Does he have the ability? Yes. Only time will tell what his legacy will be and that is fact.
    I guess any sports opinion is subjective really. I just can't imagine that any sports fan on the planet would look favorably on the first five items, so I thought it was safe to assume they were more objective than subjective:

1. Quitting on coaches, teammates, and fans
    2. Stone walling a franchise, lying about indecision, followed by shameless self-promotion
    3. More shameless self promotion. Claiming that you are going to win 7 NBA titles
    4. Flopping
    5. Making condescending comments about the general population and claiming your own superiority

I think the subjective part is how much offense you take to those things, but I would hope that 100% of sports fans would agree that they are all bad things.

I admit #6 and #7 are totally subjective.

EASY_MONEY72
    2001 WS OF POKER CHAMPION
    EASY_MONEY72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

jordan loved.

Kobe - not so much.

Lebron - hated. And if you like a guy who tells the general public that they can go back to their miserable lives (after he fails in another championship) then you have issues just like this moron King James.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Quote Originally Posted by bleek88 View Post
    seriiously, i want LBJ to win a championship so all the haters can STFU
    Must be nice to be handed the series vs. boston, now for a second time, Stern and the Refs clearly handing Lebron and the Heat 2 games in this series. This series is fixed, crooked, whatever you want to call it. If the NBA was called fairly, the heat wouldn't be in the Finals...thats a fact jack and EVERYBODY knows it

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    Must be nice to be handed the series vs. boston, now for a second time, Stern and the Refs clearly handing Lebron and the Heat 2 games in this series. This series is fixed, crooked, whatever you want to call it. If the NBA was called fairly, the heat wouldn't be in the Finals...thats a fact jack and EVERYBODY knows it
    refs blew another tonight right? wonder how much they paid kd to disappear and harden to be scared to death of the ball?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

bow down the THE KING with a RING!

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

about time lebron got his. i think he will get 3 total.

GUNSHY
    GUNSHY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

LBJ will finally be able to join the club, and all the haters can go find someone else to give grief to!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

SparJMU

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Please read post #32, you are completely missing the point.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Listen you are entitled to hate all you want however you cannot argue or discredit the man's stats or ability. If he continues on like this in his career he will be one of the greatest of all time.

SparJMU

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    Listen you are entitled to hate all you want however you cannot argue or discredit the man's stats or ability. If he continues on like this in his career he will be one of the greatest of all time.
    I am making no attempts to discredit his stats or ability. I gave him credit for all of those things in post #32 and another post before that. I am not sure how you interpreted a word I said as a discrediting him. I listed 7 legitimate reasons to hate him that go beyond stats, or his decision to join forces, yet all the "lovers" keep coming back to the same crap.

It's almost as if they love him because others hate him if that makes sense. They are not interested in admitting his faults or discussing the highs and lows of his game. They are only interested in complaining "All you haters stfu" or "I need new haters because the old ones are starting to like me". It's nonsensical gibberish.

dlunc3

Why would you not root to see greatness? I have never seen a player with the raw talent, ability and physical tools as lebron james has.. Why would anyone not want to see those abilities showcased at their maximum potential?

Who cares if the guy is the biggest dick in the world or if he is mother teresa? We watch him because of what he does on the basketball court...

I want to be able to tell my grandkids that I saw the best two players ever to play the game in MJ and Lebron.

We should all want to see greatness, not root for an amazing talent to fail... that is just pure hate and jealousy

SparJMU

Why would you not root to see greatness? I have never seen a player with the raw talent, ability and physical tools as lebron james has.. Why would anyone not want to see those abilities showcased at their maximum potential?

Who cares if the guy is the biggest dick in the world or if he is mother teresa? We watch him because of what he does on the basketball court...

I want to be able to tell my grandkids that I saw the best two players ever to play the game in MJ and Lebron.

We should all want to see greatness, not root for an amazing talent to fail... that is just pure hate and jealousy
    Well this is an interesting debate that gets to the core of what it means to be a sports fan. Do you always root for the players with the most talent and ability? Should you take into account that person's character? How long can you hold a grudge against someone for their terrible decisions?

For me, when i am deciding who to root for it has nothing to do with raw physical ability. If this were the case Lebron James, Michal Vick, Terrell Owens, and Floyd Mayweather would be three of my favorite athletes. All three of those people have made horrible, horrible, horrible decisions in their lifetime and I don't root for any of them. I am not going to hold a personal grudge, I hope they live long happy lives outside of sports, but I will never root for their success in athletic competition.

Is rooting against Lebron James rooting for talent to fail? Oklahoma City is filled with talented players who I hope succeed. I have no hate or jealousy for anyone in the NBA because of their talent. Durant handles himself very professionally, modestly, etc. In the past Lebron James has done the exact opposite. It has literally nothing to do with talent. Durant is likeable and Lebron is not.

I want to be able to tell my grandkids that I saw the best two players ever to play the game, MJ and Durant (only 23 years old, don't tell me by the time he is 30 he won't have more rings than Lebron). Go Thunder.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

It's pretty simple bro.....the guy tells the common folk, you know, the same common folk that pays his salary & makes him famous, to go back to their miserable lives while he goes on being rich & famous. That's pretty fugged UP man & gives reason for that very same common folk to root against him, no matter how great or how amazing his talent is....

cdaniels24
    cdaniels24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

The people who cheer Lebron didnt feel offended by that quote, I actually think its true. Its not his fault he put his blood sweat and tears to get to this point, nothing was given to him. If you felt offended then your life probably is miserable

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I have no problem with LeBron. I'm not a LeBron hater, nor am I a LeBron fan. I think the media and fans treat him unfairly for a few things in his past. America's reaction towards him going to Miami is so typical of "America." Love the guy one day, hate him the next day.

I had no problem with The Decision. Everyone watched it, and most fans would have preferred The Decision to just a random announcement through his agent or a reporter. What a lot of pepole don't know is that The Decision raised over 2.5 million dollars for the "Boys and Girls Club." Very surprised how many people are against charity.....
    I don't see America "Hating" on Durant...maybe its the way the NBA is so badly fixing a championship for him that Makes Merrica Upset and mad. Or maybe his just a self-centered, self entitled, Prick. Theres a reason, EVERYONE outside of Miami hates this douche

dlunc3

LearningTree
    LearningTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

The role players won this series. And nothing changed anyway. LeBron is not a leader. How many jump shots did he hit the entire series? Five? Give me a break. No one thought he couldn't win a ring, but it's really not him winning a ring. It's his team winning a ring for him. So now he has his ring. Congratulations. He can thank all his teammates.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by LearningTree View Post
    The role players won this series. And nothing changed anyway. LeBron is not a leader. How many jump shots did he hit the entire series? Five? Give me a break. No one thought he couldn't win a ring, but it's really not him winning a ring. It's his team winning a ring for him. So now he has his ring. Congratulations. He can thank all his teammates.
    lol love the hate... yea, kerr and horry won those championships, not jordan or duncan

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Wow those averages for LBJ for the finals series are ridiculous......

First 12