JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sharps game 3 report

Sharps Bet Under Game Three's Opening Total

"Whenever sharps unite on a proposition that goes against the flow the early results in a series, it’s important that you pay attention. Such an occasion has arisen with the Over/Under in Game Three of the NBA Championship series matching the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Miami Heat.
    The Vegas totals in the first two games were 195 and 196
    The actual scoreboard results in those games were 199 and 196, an Over and a push
    Average Line: 195.5
    Average Game: 197.5
    Oddsmakers opened the Game Three total at 194.5…which was lower than what we had seen. Then, sharps bet the UNDER! We’re now seeing 193 in most places as we go to press early Sunday afternoon Eastern time (mid-morning Las Vegas time). Apparently oddsmakers anticipated the sharps’ intentions, but weren’t able to nail the exact number they had in mind.
    Why would the sharps like the Under in a series that’s averaging 197.5 points per game? We asked around to see what respected contacts in Vegas and offshore were saying.
    *First, sharps expect the level of defense to intensify. It’s going to be tougher for the main scoring threats to get shots off in their view. And, they’re not optimistic that role players are going to shoot lights out if the ball comes to them from out of a double team. \
    *Second, they expect the game to slow down a bit. This has already been a relatively slow series with possession totals landing on 89 and 90 in the first two games. Both teams are afraid of the other’s fast break, and both will continue to take measures to avoid giving up easy buckets. The last two games in the Boston-Miami series landed on 86 possessions. Sharps are telling us they expect tonight’s game to drift in that direction.
    *Third, nobody thinks Shane Battier is going to keep making all of those treys! Not only is he due to cool off. But, Oklahoma City’s defense has learned they can’t just ignore him while focusing on LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Both teams are working hard to make adjustments thus far…and the bulk of those adjustments moving forward are likely to improve defense rather than offense.
    It’s not like the line has dropped to 191 or 189. Sharps aren’t expecting a drastic collapse in scoring. But, they recognize that the possibility for that does exist in these circumstances, and they believe that 193 makes more sense than the opener. They’re happy with their positions at Under 194.5, Under 194, and Under 193.5.
    Now, be forewarned that this hasn’t been a great postseason for Under bettors. Other line moves like this didn’t work out the way sharps had hoped. One hot shooter can make a difference in a game like this, as can officiating styles. There no sure things, even for sharps!"

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    Sharps Bet Under Game Three's Opening Total

"Whenever sharps unite on a proposition that goes against the flow the early results in a series, it’s important that you pay attention. Such an occasion has arisen with the Over/Under in Game Three of the NBA Championship series matching the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Miami Heat.
    The Vegas totals in the first two games were 195 and 196
    The actual scoreboard results in those games were 199 and 196, an Over and a push
    Average Line: 195.5
    Average Game: 197.5
    Oddsmakers opened the Game Three total at 194.5…which was lower than what we had seen. Then, sharps bet the UNDER! We’re now seeing 193 in most places as we go to press early Sunday afternoon Eastern time (mid-morning Las Vegas time). Apparently oddsmakers anticipated the sharps’ intentions, but weren’t able to nail the exact number they had in mind.
    Why would the sharps like the Under in a series that’s averaging 197.5 points per game? We asked around to see what respected contacts in Vegas and offshore were saying.
    *First, sharps expect the level of defense to intensify. It’s going to be tougher for the main scoring threats to get shots off in their view. And, they’re not optimistic that role players are going to shoot lights out if the ball comes to them from out of a double team. \
    *Second, they expect the game to slow down a bit. This has already been a relatively slow series with possession totals landing on 89 and 90 in the first two games. Both teams are afraid of the other’s fast break, and both will continue to take measures to avoid giving up easy buckets. The last two games in the Boston-Miami series landed on 86 possessions. Sharps are telling us they expect tonight’s game to drift in that direction.
    *Third, nobody thinks Shane Battier is going to keep making all of those treys! Not only is he due to cool off. But, Oklahoma City’s defense has learned they can’t just ignore him while focusing on LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Both teams are working hard to make adjustments thus far…and the bulk of those adjustments moving forward are likely to improve defense rather than offense.
    It’s not like the line has dropped to 191 or 189. Sharps aren’t expecting a drastic collapse in scoring. But, they recognize that the possibility for that does exist in these circumstances, and they believe that 193 makes more sense than the opener. They’re happy with their positions at Under 194.5, Under 194, and Under 193.5.
    Now, be forewarned that this hasn’t been a great postseason for Under bettors. Other line moves like this didn’t work out the way sharps had hoped. One hot shooter can make a difference in a game like this, as can officiating styles. There no sure things, even for sharps!"
    This is by far one of the best posts I have read recently on SBR, and one that I have come to expect from SBR. My compliments to the poster and his in depth explanation and insight. This was well written and well thought out, not just because of its accuracy, but because of the intelligent, cogent reasons for line movement, sharp thinking, strategy, etc. I just noticed that the Greek, not more than a minute after the game ended this evening, posted a total of 192 for the next game, further adding credence to your post. I meant to comment on this post earlier but got caught up watching the game and doing other things. Sometimes these other childish posts about fags, roosters, JJ #1, #2, #3, and other high-school bullshit can get a little stale and lessens the credibility of SBR and its forum in general.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

Props JR. Would have been great to see this thread previously. Nice write up.

j37hr0
    Small Time Square
    j37hr0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

SPOT FoCKING ON.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks guy's but this is not mine, i put it quote's, i would mention the scource but for forum violations against
    spam promotions

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    thanks guy's but this is not mine, i put it quote's, i would mention the scource but for forum violations against
    spam promotions
    Watch it, JR. Honesty will get you nowhere.
    Points Awarded:

JR007 gave Leo Bello 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.