pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for the NBA Playoffs

Since the games will lessen in the coming days, it would be better to have the playoff leans all in one thread. Everybody is welcome to share their thoughts and capping expertise in this thread. We have only one goal here and that is to make money! Let the capping begin my friends!

King_Bookie
    King_Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami today will do three things today:

1. Win
    2. Rout
    3. Cover

Unless the "Amazing" happens again and screws us all up.

pho3nix32

line: uj@lal 211
    pick: 211 over

The Jazz have been horrible defenders as of late especially on the road. They have been allowing their opponents an average of 110 pts in their last 10 games. The Lakers on the other hand are not really known for their defense either. Tomorrow features a do-or-die game for the Jazz. I expect Deron and Boozer to produce a lot offensively to try and extend this series. As for LA, they have Kobe, Bynum and Gasol, not to mention the bench mob. Offense wont be a problem tomorrow. I call a high scoring game tomorrow as the Lakers advance.

bkny2cnc
    Update your status
    bkny2cnc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1403

Once again,utah will need to win on the road to stay alive and we all know how they play on the road against a .500 or better team.
    Kobe also wants to end this, seeing Lebron dismantle Detroit yesterday moving to the next round, he will try to do the same.L.A is the pick GL

Mriswith
    Mriswith's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

As posted in frostno98's thread :

ATL @ MIA
    ATL is not so bad a road team, but does horrible in MIA : 3-12-1 ATS is proof of that.
    I'm gonna watch the line movement here though : if it moves to say ATL +5.5 or better I'll most likely back ATL to cover. NOt because ATL has given much cause to warrant this, but MIA had 2 good games, now it's time for a let down.
    UNDER and / or MIA team total UNDER looks juicy - imho no way MIA scores 100+ 3 in a row. If ATL wants a shot at the game, they'll have to limit MIA to ~ 85 or below. Need to take a deeper look at G1 to 3 though...

UTA @ LAL
    LAL 1st half and UTA +12.5 is my way to go here. No doubt the Lakers will close the series tonight, and while I don't question their ability to cover - 12.5, I seriously do doubt their will to do so. UTA will go down today, but they'll do so w/ pride - they're not the Pistons.
    UTA lists Williams und Boozer as probable ( eye injuries ? ) - if one of them won't play I'D only bet LAL 1st half, since 2nd half easily could turn out to sport bench vs benchand that's a no play 4 me, regardless of the teams playing.

DEN @ NOH
    DEN + 2.5 und DEN ML - NOH did their thing in Game 3, but the 8-man-rotation will take it's toll. NOH put forward a huge effort in winning G3, but this isn't something you can repeat at will. And even then the Hornets barely pulled a victory vs a sub par Billups, so so Melo and Nene failing to show up in the offense.
    Add to that Chandler & Posey being banged up, no rest for Paul and as Billups stated DEN will go for him on both sides of the court. Stojakovic shows no signs of getting his game together, and West & Paul is too little, to claim a 2nd win for NOH.
    I expect this to be a physical game again ( 58 fouls, 3 flagrant in G3 ) and NOH w/ 8man, 2 banged up will be hurt a lot more by foul troubles. While I dont particularly like G. Karl, I think he's a good enough coach to direct the game towards driving and 1:1 in the paint. So either NOH plays defense, piling up fouls, or they don't and have to go even a higher pace to outscore DEN - imho a win - win situation for DEN, who is fully aware that now is the time to deliver the blow.

bol @ll,
    Mris

dennisback
    dennisback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Im taking Lakers -6 (buy 1) for 1H BIG
    and BIG Miami -3 (B1.5)

mehow
    mehow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

the same with you mrswith on utah and denver, but miami i think will continue their streak. miami also have motivation, they will want to have great position when playing on the road

oBaMa_MaNiA
    oBaMa_MaNiA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Nice pho3nix.

These are plays according to CK's thread about playoff tips.

*Fade Miami
    *Play Miami Team Total UNDER
    *Play Utah 1Q
    *If playing NO, play ML.
    *Play LA/Utah OVER
    *Fade Lakers spread, as greater than 10 and their ATS record is 13-15.

Backs up your over call.

oBaMa_MaNiA

Quote Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post

UTA @ LAL
    LAL 1st half and UTA +12.5 is my way to go here. No doubt the Lakers will close the series tonight, and while I don't question their ability to cover - 12.5, I seriously do doubt their will to do so. UTA will go down today, but they'll do so w/ pride - they're not the Pistons.
    UTA lists Williams und Boozer as probable ( eye injuries ? ) - if one of them won't play I'D only bet LAL 1st half, since 2nd half easily could turn out to sport bench vs benchand that's a no play 4 me, regardless of the teams playing.
    Good. Wouldn't it be better to go - LAL 1H and then play Utah whatever 2H? If LAL blow out Utah by more than 10 or so, the second half spread would be better overall (game spread) compared to +12.5

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Lakers will cover the 12.5 tonight. Kobe is in the zone and will not let Utah get close.

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by oBaMa_MaNiA View Post
    Nice pho3nix.

These are plays according to CK's thread about playoff tips.

*Fade Miami
    *Play Miami Team Total UNDER
    *Play Utah 1Q
    *If playing NO, play ML.
    *Play LA/Utah OVER
    *Fade Lakers spread, as greater than 10 and their ATS record is 13-15.

Backs up your over call.
    thats good to hear obama! hope we cash this tomorrow!

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

uta to keep it close. not easy to cover the spread as this first round indicated

dennisback
    dennisback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

no way utah wins 1Q, lakers are at home and want to get crowd going early. both 1Q @ LA they dominated and won by 10+ points !

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

the play of the day is denver at +2 new orleans is done just like the jazz they had their one lucky win now its time for nuggets to win outright

also everyone is playing on mia but i know that atlanta will win this game outright its the same situation as port for the cover on games 3 and 4 everybody took the rockets but they didnt cover and i parlayed both times with port and the under and made loads of cash

atl and denver are the plays so make your money early and then enjoy the laker game with lots of drinks

NBA Hero

den to rebound after wasting a big lead early

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    the play of the day is denver at +2 new orleans is done just like the jazz they had their one lucky win now its time for nuggets to win outright

also everyone is playing on mia but i know that atlanta will win this game outright its the same situation as port for the cover on games 3 and 4 everybody took the rockets but they didnt cover and i parlayed both times with port and the under and made loads of cash

atl and denver are the plays so make your money early and then enjoy the laker game with lots of drinks

I agree 100% BOL

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd rather throw my money into a furnace than lay it on Atlanta!

pho3nix32

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pho3nix32 View Post
    dont tell me you were on NO

Denver F#ckers!!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    I'd rather throw my money into a furnace than lay it on Atlanta!
    i hope your furnace runs like a ferrari like i said the hawks were the call

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    dont tell me you were on NO

Denver F#ckers!!
    nope. i was on the over for the jazz/lakers game i have already quit playing denver spreads

pho3nix32

line: chi@bc 199.5
    pick: 199.5 under

Gordon will either be out or playing hurt. If Gordon doesn't play, the Bulls will be without their best scorer and might resort to playing rough basketball. If Gordon does play, he will be playing hurt which means he won't have the legs to shoot those jumpers, which results again to the Bulls playing rough basketball. As for the Celtics, this should be considered a do-or-die game for them. I expect them to come out and play tenacious defense when it counts the most. I believe pride is at stake here in this series more than anything for Boston. Both teams will play it rough tomorrow.

pho3nix32

line: noh+11@dn
    pick: noh+11

I expect the Hornets to bounce back hard. If they still dont show up after that 58 pt drubbing, they dont even deserve to be in the playoffs. No heart, no pride. I believe they have both. Playing the Hornets tomorrow. GL!

ValHallaYoung
    ValHallaYoung's Avatar Become A Pro!

NO looks good

NBA Hero

does den relak and let the game go. let noh get their confidence back, not with billups there.melo can practically see it fading.... the ghost of tmac...he wants to past first round....just dont know if they will cover

roadwarrior1
    roadwarrior1's Avatar Become A Pro!

they'll cover...................trust me. No way NOH can even stay in the same building with them.

NBA Hero

well, i do hope they cover. just a unit play for me. line is bloated and public heavy on favs, no surprise there

dakid04200
    dakid04200's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tonight, I have to take N.O. + 10.5 I am one that thinks that they will have pride and not go down without a fight. I think that probably earns them a cover. Also I like Miami, Wade won't miss this game it is the one they need to get the momentum going into their home game with a chance to close Atlanta out there.

N.O.+10.5

Miami +6

Atlanta O 179.5

with a small parlay for good measure.

shoebox

Quote Originally Posted by pho3nix32 View Post
    line: noh+11@dn
    pick: noh+11

I expect the Hornets to bounce back hard. If they still dont show up after that 58 pt drubbing, they dont even deserve to be in the playoffs. No heart, no pride. I believe they have both. Playing the Hornets tomorrow. GL!
    what are you doing??

you know you cant bet on your achilles heal???

GL

oBaMa_MaNiA

I'm liking the under in the Denver game, what about you pho3nix32?

pho3nix32

obama, no play for me on the totals today. only game that popped out was this hornets game.

shoe, i couldn't resist it lol, i feel it in my gut that the f#ck#rs will f#ck it up tonight lol

pho3nix32

i guess i was wrong about the hornets...billups is really a winner. shoe you are right!!!

shoebox

f#ck#ers!!

sorry pho3nix32

pho3nix32

I hope to stop my playoffs bleeding tomorrow:

line: om+5.5@phi
    pick: phi-5.5

Tomorrow will be a one sided ballgame. Howard and Lee will be out. Without Howard, the outside game of Orlando won't work. No inside game, no outside game, no interior defense. Alston sucks. I'm sure the Sixers are not ready to go fishing. At least not until after Game 7.

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulls -3

anyone also on them?

12 Last