SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

OKC-173 series vs Durant wins MVP-125

OK im planning to take OKC to win the championship but the line is -173 i was wondering why not take Durant for MVP cause if OKC does win the championship %90 of the time the MVP will go to Durant right? im willing to take the chance that Westbrook will not win the MVP LOL

im saving myself here just under .48 cents in juice here for this play which i think is well worth it... am i missing something here guys?

is there a chance that LBJ wins it if they dont win the championship? i believe the MVP only goes to the championship winning team right?

thanks for every1 input

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

yes if OKC wins Durant is 100% guaranteed to win the MVP. The MVP only goes to the winning team in today's game. If you're betting OKC, this bet is much, much smarter.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

my book has LeBron MVP +130 and Heat win title +145. Makes ZERO sense lol

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

westbrook will win it

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    westbrook will win it

SlimZ

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    yes if OKC wins Durant is 100% guaranteed to win the MVP. The MVP only goes to the winning team in today's game. If you're betting OKC, this bet is much, much smarter.
    thanks for the info buddy

SlimZ

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    westbrook will win it
    LOL u better take that +1100 odds then

SlimZ

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    my book has LeBron MVP +130 and Heat win title +145. Makes ZERO sense lol
    ur book is ripping u off buddy i got LBJ +182 on pinny for MVP

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by SlimZ View Post
    ur book is ripping u off buddy i got LBJ +182 on pinny for MVP
    I'm on Pinny too so I may have a look at that actually, thanks. Haven't bet any props yet anyway I just thought that was funny. William Hill don't have a clue.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I love how the cool thing going around these forums the pasy few days is to bet on Durant to win the MVP. People think this is better value than taking OKC because if OKC wins, Durant will be the MVP.

THIS LINE OF THINKING IS WRONG!

With Lebron guarding Durant, I wouldn't be surprised if Westbrook scored a ton of points. Westbrook for MVP. Book it.

SlimZ

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I love how the cool thing going around these forums the pasy few days is to bet on Durant to win the MVP. People think this is better value than taking OKC because if OKC wins, Durant will be the MVP.

THIS LINE OF THINKING IS WRONG!

With Lebron guarding Durant, I wouldn't be surprised if Westbrook scored a ton of points. Westbrook for MVP. Book it.
    ok just becasue u said that im gonna put alittle on westbrook +1128 for MVP just for insurance wise...i took durant-125 for $450 and now $50 on westbrook, since u prob know more about BBall then me.
    thxs bud

Le_Donk
    In the Zone
    Le_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1080

what about harden?

SlimZ

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Donk View Post
    what about harden?
    C'mon man Harden aint winning no MVP LOL

i dont think westbrook will but 2 guys posted that he could so i decided to put a little insurance on my bet

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SlimZ View Post
    ok just becasue u said that im gonna put alittle on westbrook +1128 for MVP just for insurance wise...i took durant-125 for $450 and now $50 on westbrook, since u prob know more about BBall then me.
    thxs bud
    I'm not an expert by any means bro.

If OKC wins the series, either Durant or Westbrook will most likely win the MVP. I think the better bet is on Westbrook since Lebron will be guarding Durant.

I mean, Westbrook will be going up against Chalmers and Wade. Chalmers is a nice player but he isn't a starting PG by a good NBA team's standards.

There were a lot of games in which Westbrook took more shots and scored more points than Durant.

I kind of have the feeling that Durant will have good games but might score 16-22 points where as Westbrook will be scoring around 25-30. Likewise, I don't feel like Durant is the key to the Thunder winning this series. I feel like Westbrook is.

blacknwhite
    LAKERS
    blacknwhite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Lol if you think westbrook will win MVP;
    its either Durant or lebron; league will not allow otherwise

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Quote Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
    Lol if you think westbrook will win MVP;
    its either Durant or lebron; league will not allow otherwise
    No it's not

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Lebron will not guard Durant all the time, he will have his chances to go off. I don't think OKC wins, but if they do Durant as MVP is probably 80-85%. Good luck!

SlimZ

Thansk for all the helps boys greatly appreciate the advise

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm not an expert by any means bro.

If OKC wins the series, either Durant or Westbrook will most likely win the MVP. I think the better bet is on Westbrook since Lebron will be guarding Durant.

I mean, Westbrook will be going up against Chalmers and Wade. Chalmers is a nice player but he isn't a starting PG by a good NBA team's standards.

There were a lot of games in which Westbrook took more shots and scored more points than Durant.

I kind of have the feeling that Durant will have good games but might score 16-22 points where as Westbrook will be scoring around 25-30. Likewise, I don't feel like Durant is the key to the Thunder winning this series. I feel like Westbrook is.
    If Durant scores 16-22 points, the Thunder won't be winning anything. You can count on that.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Just looked at the list of NBA MVPs and the last time the "best player" on the winning team didn't win the finals MVP was Tony Parker against Lebron and the Cavs. Tim Duncan was the odds on favorite to win the award and even after Parker had a stellar game 1 Duncan remained the favorite. That being said for the most part the publicily viewed best player does usually win the award and prior to Tony P the last guy to do it was all the way back in 1989-90 when Joe Dumars beat out Zeke to win the award. When the 07-08 Celts won it and 03-04 Pistons won it it was hard to call one guy on the team the clear cut best player.