No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Celtics have closed before -- can the Thunder?

To me, there's a big difference between being in an "us against the world" spot like OKC was in Game 5 at SA and what they're doing tonight. They're basically trying to shut down an NBA dynasty of sorts once and for all.

The Spurs, with Duncan, Ginobili and Parker, have been NBA champions and will not go quietly in Game 6. The Thunder may have all the energy and momentum in the world from a raucous arena. They may also technically be the more talented team from top to bottom. But can they close the biggest series of their young careers? Remember, these cats are just 22 and 23 years old -- an age where you rarely see a team advance and take a shot at the title without paying proper dues.

I think Durant wants it very badly and has the right attitude and mentality, but does Westbrook? We'll see. I love Durant and the overall fearlessness of this team. I'd like nothing more than to see them finish the Spurs off in this spot. But I think people are assuming that because they're at home and the Spurs have lost three straight that it will be smooth sailing. I see it as anything but. All of the pressure's on OKC now to clear the final hurdle.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

I think they close. OKC -5 looks good, although I wish I got -3.5 when it opened.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

some solid points...just from a probability standpoint when the thunder were down 0-2 they had a 6% chance of winning this series...Celtics in the same situation...obviously things have changed now but the probability of both teams coming back down 0-2 to win the series is very slim.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone betting on the Spurs going quietly is a fool. Likewise, the question of either team not wanting it badly enough to win is dumb. Both teams will come to play and it will just come down to execution down the stretch.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Anyone betting on the Spurs going quietly is a fool. Likewise, the question of either team not wanting it badly enough to win is dumb. Both teams will come to play and it will just come down to execution down the stretch.
    So now do you bet against "the" execution team on the brink of elimination?

I just can't do it. I'm starting to really believe the Spurs cover and even win SU.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    So now do you bet against "the" execution team on the brink of elimination?

I just can't do it. I'm starting to really believe the Spurs cover and even win SU.
    Not what I said at all... This game will be close, however I would back the Spurs today. Probably not at the pregame lines though, as both teams will likely be available at better than the current +/-5 on live betting.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Not what I said at all... This game will be close, however I would back the Spurs today. Probably not at the pregame lines though, as both teams will likely be available at better than the current +/-5 on live betting.
    I'm not saying that's what you said -- I'm just going by the conclusion that if it comes down to execution, it's hard not to take the Spurs in a do or die situation all things considered.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

The Spurs do not deserve to be wagered on.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

A week ago the Spurs are the best team in history winning 237 games in a row, now they suck. Good luck!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    A week ago the Spurs are the best team in history winning 237 games in a row, now they suck. Good luck!
    Exactly. People tend to buy high and sell low when it comes to gambling.

I think this could be a good spot to take the Spurs. Not a huge bet, but I will be on them both spread and a sprinkle on the ML.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yep, thinking of taking the Spurs myself.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I took OKC, since Sportrends is 0-6 in their last six playoff picks.

Complimentary Selection for 6/6/2012
    Take San Antonio over Oklahoma NO PLAY if < +5