BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR
    BlacK_HazE's Avatar Become A Pro!

To all you "guarantee" idiots..

I've only been a member of SBR for a couple of months now and I still can't believe how often people throw around the word guarantee/lock on here. I'm only 21 years old and I've already realized that nothing is "guaranteed" in gambling. Are cappers really this stupid now a days? I'm surprised you haven't learned yet that when something looks like $$ you probably should fade it. Either way, it's funny seeing these idiots lose and then come back the next day with another guarantee play lol. Is this something that everyone just does as a joke here, or am I not getting the picture??

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Just fade this board man.

Most people are losing their ass here.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

It's called "attention whoring". As if losing your money isn't bad enough, some people have to ensure they lose every shred of dignity as well.

After all, looking "cool" infront of a bunch of people you don't even know is paramount.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

what do you like tonight black haze?

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

I originally was a poster at Covers.com, after having pretty much the same problem I decided to try out SBR because it looked like the most popular board, but it seems like the more I read people posts here they really give no insight on any games, just there thoughts/opinions. It's bad enough you make yourself look like an idiot, but your also costing people money who tail you or buy into the bull crap you post.. Who are the "best" cappers on here? maybe I'm just following the wrong people?

Tarrum
    Tarrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Yeah I've been here for 2 weeks, posted the same thing on a topic yesterday. Where do these peeps come from? I mean this is the internet, nobody gives a damn about you unless you're good at what you're doing. Most of the "bet on this, it's a lock" lose and I don't understand how they still continue. At least change the damn title.

Perhaps they don't get enough attention.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

I'm rollin with Thunder +5 & U202.. I'm more confident with the Under than the Thunder though. I GUARANTEE IT lol

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

the guarantees are from kids that bet fake money. the sharp cappers on these forums are the ones that make the least noise.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK_HazE View Post
    I originally was a poster at Covers.com, after having pretty much the same problem I decided to try out SBR because it looked like the most popular board, but it seems like the more I read people posts here they really give no insight on any games, just there thoughts/opinions. It's bad enough you make yourself look like an idiot, but your also costing people money who tail you or buy into the bull crap you post.. Who are the "best" cappers on here? maybe I'm just following the wrong people?
    Anyone who blindly tails and or fades picks without doing their own analysis, has only themselves to blame if they lose. As for all the LOCK Threads it's called Drama.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

anybody that blindly tails these idiots that post the words "lock" or "guarantee" in a title deserve to lose

and i agree, its embarrassing as hell if ur are 1 of these OPs that use these words in EVERY thread title..
    Last edited by 5mike5; 06-04-12 at 10:32 AM.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    the guarantees are from kids that bet fake money. the sharp cappers on these forums are the ones that make the least noise.
    Who would you say the top cappers are on here ?

Easy-Rider 66

That's a tough ? because most run hot/cold. I know Dad had about 16 win streak in NBA earlier this season. My advice would be to do your own handicapping.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    That's a tough ? because most run hot/cold. I know Dad had about 16 win streak in NBA earlier this season. My advice would be to do your own handicapping.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I'm just looking for other cappers who actually give insight, statistics, reasoning, etc on why there making a pick. not some dude who posts..

"Spurs -5 Lock it in baby"

I'll always post my own plays, but the main reason I come on here is the hope of actually speaking with other people who might know a thing or two about sports.. dissapointed that this site is full of a bunch of retards, who bring absolutely no knowledge to the forum

Easy-Rider 66

I'm just looking for other cappers who actually give insight, statistics, reasoning, etc on why there making a pick. not some dude who posts..

"Spurs -5 Lock it in baby"

I'll always post my own plays, but the main reason I come on here is the hope of actually speaking with other people who might know a thing or two about sports.. dissapointed that this site is full of a bunch of retards, just like the real world
    Every now and then someone will post pertinent info on why to go with a certain pick. I have made some plays based on that info. However, I have found that a majority do not. You just have to check out the threads and see what they are writing.

Tarrum
    Tarrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

From what I've seen, I really like 5mike5's plays (usually on player points and other "side" bets) and Dad's.

I recommend doing your own stuff (you already have an awesome topic) and then just reading what the "good" guys recommend, checking the statistics, previous games in reg. season and playoffs.

And yes it's only your fault if you bet on those topics, I feel bad for newbies who come here, betting on the NBA for the first time, see someone with a couple of thousands of posts say a bet, and they bet their money on it :/

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

If you are looking for quality analysis/insight and good MM look at LTA's thread, especially on totals. T-wiz, Dexter and Speedy are quality posters imo too. This is my first year contributing here so only based on this year.

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

its all about sifting through the bs to find some reliable information.. somedays its challenging, especially after an upset or a bad beat.. just so much shit slinging, but alas, you can dig up some good info on here and its always interesting to see a majority of people "guaranteeing" one side over another- thats usually a fade for me. anyways good luck, and always trust yourself first.

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

just saw the post above about LTA's thread and twizzle, it is in my opinion that these threads usually have the most statistical info... http://www.teamrankings.com/nba-ats-picks/ try this site too, great for history, injuries, etc

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

i think almost all lock and guaranteed threads are just hyperbole and or people being obnoxious and or reverse jinxes

j37hr0
    Small Time Square
    j37hr0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

I don't have any insight on tonights game, but I'm leaning to the Thunder backdoor garbage time cover on a meaningless basket at the end of the game. All the talking heads pointing out how much better the role players on all the remaining teams play at home has been dead on and I don't see Ibaka, Perkins, Collison and Sefalosha can play at the level in San Antonio that they have these past two games. I also think Bonner finds his shot at home, Jackson has another good game, and Leonard, Green and Neal play better.

cdaniels24
    cdaniels24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    It's called "attention whoring". As if losing your money isn't bad enough, some people have to ensure they lose every shred of dignity as well.

After all, looking "cool" infront of a bunch of people you don't even know is paramount.
    Sniper, who you got tonight?

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

They just want attention and the hope that they can gain a reputation. It is truly sad, but not because they actually think they're locks.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

i'm also very tired of all the bs "lock" and "guarantee" threads....if people want to post something like that in their own personal thread for picks i am fine with that....but to make it public cause they are attention whores is just dumb...
    what do u guys think of us rational cappers "bombing" the ho's threads with a zillion posts by us all so they are all unreadable ??

just type some bs like "hdhsfdtdywirkthctsheur"....and supersize the font if u want to get fancy lol