Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Pietrus going to see a lot of minutes in this series to defend Wade off bench

If Rivers is smart he will let Pietrus handle Wade at the start of the second quarter if not earlier. Ray Allen is too slow now with the injury and Rondo is way too weak to handle Wade down low. Even experimenting with that would be a disaster.

Pietrus is their only hope off the bench. Usually he would come in and defend Lebron to give Pierce some rest but I don't see PP getting much rest in this series with Bradley out. There defensive rotation is fukked.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pietrus will end up in foul trouble early if he has to defend Wade for a large portion of the game. He's great on hustle, but isn't a patient defender.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

you're right. celtics are limited big time. miami in 5. shaq and kenny smith are idiots. kenny smith picks the bulls every year to win it all.

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hmm, good post. I hadn't even thought about that much. I think your right. Paul Pierce will get somewhat normal rest unless the C's are struggling badly.. Pietrus would probably be best off playing aggressive defense without reaching and trying to take them off their game

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Doc could use Dooling to guard Wade as well. Looks like Pietrus is being used on Lebron a lot which would be smart so they can save Pierce for the offensive end.