Thunder +2.5
    Thunder ml +120
    Lakers -2.5
    Lakers ml -140

Who do you like?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Thunder +2.5 and ML. If it loses, double up in Game 4.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

OKC +2.5, they're going to win. but any cushion is good @ Staples on a Friday night

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I kind of like LA.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

I like the team that is smarter.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Lakers 1stQ then Thunder live. Not sure if I'll be at home though.

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Will the thunder play different knowing they have a back to back??

t-wizzle

What I want to know is if anyone honestly thinks the Lakers can win both games at home.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Fed_42420 View Post
    Will the thunder play different knowing they have a back to back??
    Does b2b matter to the Thunder? they are young.

Pauulzcappin

Not me.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    What I want to know is if anyone honestly thinks the Lakers can win both games at home.
    I think they can. If LA wins tomorrow, I think they go back to OKC tied up 2-2. OKC is young and a jumpshooting team, those two don't go well together on the road.

I know OKC went into Dallas up 2-0 and won both games 3 and 4, but LA isn't Dallas. I still have some serious doubts about this Thunder team.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

lakers d has figured some things out, i think lakers could win

Speedy88

I agree Face, I don't like looking into quotes too much for obvious reasons, but:

“I don’t think we have any pieces to pick up,” Bynum said. “We know exactly how to defend them now.”

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/05...numbers/72664/

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Thunder +2.5 and ML. If it loses, double up in Game 4.
    Thunder one of the best road teams, they wont lose b2b.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Depends on whether u think if the Lakers actually know how to play defence or just a Thunder blip in game 2.

I would lean Thunder. The great comeback win by Lakers in the regular season was because of injury to Harden.

Kobe would need to play really really really well if Lakers want to win.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Okc ml all in

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I agree Face, I don't like looking into quotes too much for obvious reasons, but:

“I don’t think we have any pieces to pick up,” Bynum said. “We know exactly how to defend them now.”

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/05...numbers/72664/
    Bynum is a big idiot speedy. The guy is skilled and capable of dominating and a better center than howard if you ask me but he will never grow up and it will end up costing him a great career.

Speedy88

Bynum is a big idiot speedy. The guy is skilled and capable of dominating and a better center than howard if you ask me but he will never grow up and it will end up costing him a great career.
    Yep I know, the guy acts like a 12 year-old, but I think his statement holds some truth. OKC really struggled to score in the 2nd half. Obviously it was a bit of a fluke that they only had 20 points in the 2nd half up until the last 2 minutes of the game, but that's what you get with a jump shooting team.

This game will likely come down to the Lakers demeanor. Just worried that they will come out flat after the bad loss from two nights ago.

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Should be a total dogfight..

Game 2
    The lakers effectively executed their strategy of slowing down the pace of the game ( game 1 209 pt total.. Game 2 152 pts.) and feeding their big men, who had an average night. Gasol + bynum combined for 34pts. + 20 rebounds. Will they do a whole lot better than that?
    The thunder bench outscored the laker bench 24-11 pts. with harden only scoring 13. The laker bench is terrible and will probably perform the same way next game but i see harden putting up bigger #'s.
    Kevin durant, by scott brooks's own admission, was used as a play-maker and facilitator; not a shooter. This will change next game, and if you look at the replays of crucial shots he made, artest was not a huge issue defensively, despite what the media has been telling us.
    Durant can be very clutch and could potentially go off.
    Sefalosha has been shutting down kobe, which will probably continue, maybe allowing 10 more pts.
    Westbrook had a bad game, and missed a lot of lay-ups. He could also potentially go off, and neither sessions nor blake nor kobe for that matter, can effectively guard him. If he has a good night, thunder win.
    Lakers did a much better job against the pick and roll, but adjustments will probably be made on the thunders' part.
    Im thinking of going with the + 2.5, maybe u190

Sorry for the long write-up..
    Last edited by Reedeman; 05-18-12 at 02:24 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: okbyme123

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

You know Kobe isnt going to let this game go down as a loss..

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by bleek88 View Post
    noone is worried about kobe, he will have a good game as usual. will bynum+gasol show up?? unlikely

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

They said the same thing about lebron today..

Just sayin

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Just like with the Mavs series last year?

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedeman View Post
    They said the same thing about lebron today..

Just sayin
    kobe's will to win > lebron

demonstrated by his selfishness or courage to take last shot

Pauulzcappin

Gasol at least will surely show up. Game is at Staples.

bluevase
    bluevase's Avatar Become A Pro!

best play is to play the over. Kobe, in his house, he will score to jack up them points. Durant and hogger west will continue to do what they do best, 100+ team total points is their comfort level.

Whoever wins the west will be fav to win it all. The east is a low scoring joke.

cpay
    cpay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

over for me

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I know OKC went into Dallas up 2-0 and won both games 3 and 4, but LA isn't Dallas.
    Why do people still think LA is an elite team?

"LA isn't Dallas." Agreed, Dallas swept the Lakers in the playoffs last year and won the NBA championship.

I think the teams split these two games in LA. As for Bynum's comments, why would anyone reference anything he says? THe guy is an idiot. He said close out games were easy and then the Lakers got their asses kicked two straight games.

OKC has proved they can win easily when they play well and we have also proved we can win games in the 70s when we play like shit. I like how people rip us for scoring over 120 and giving up 100 saying our defense sucks. Then when we hold a team to 75 points and win with a score in the 70s people say we can't do anything because we are a jump shooting team.

I'll take our wide open jumpshots over the shit Kobe, Lebron, and Wade do. They shoot fade aways 20 feet out with a hand in their face and it's cool, but when Westbrook and Durant are getting wide open 10-15 jumpers something is all of the sudden wrong with our team.

Last year people kept believing in the Lakers against Dallas and the Lakers just kept losing.

With that said, I think LA wins at least one game at home. Even if they win both, they still have to win in OKC. The Thunder are in good shape.

Also, why is everyone saying LA will win because their defense figured it out? I'm pretty sure we held them to fewer points than they held us to last game. Why aren't people saying our defense has figured it out?
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-18-12 at 02:10 AM.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game 3 is way more important for the Lakers than the Thunder. Lakers lose tomorrow and they're done. OKC is still sitting pretty even if they lose. I would back the Lakers just on that.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Why do people still think LA is an elite team?

"LA isn't Dallas." Agreed, Dallas swept the Lakers in the playoffs last year and won the NBA championship.

I think the teams split these two games in LA. As for Bynum's comments, why would anyone reference anything he says? THe guy is an idiot. He said close out games were easy and then the Lakers got their asses kicked two straight games.

OKC has proved they can win easily when they play well and we have also proved we can win games in the 70s when we play like shit. I like how people rip us for scoring over 120 and giving up 100 saying our defense sucks. Then when we hold a team to 75 points and win with a score in the 70s people say we can't do anything because we are a jump shooting team.

I'll take our wide open jumpshots over the shit Kobe, Lebron, and Wade do. They shoot fade aways 20 feet out with a hand in their face and it's cool, but when Westbrook and Durant are getting wide open 10-15 jumpers something is all of the sudden wrong with our team.

Last year people kept believing in the Lakers against Dallas and the Lakers just kept losing.

With that said, I think LA wins at least one game at home. Even if they win both, they still have to win in OKC. The Thunder are in good shape.

Also, why is everyone saying LA will win because their defense figured it out? I'm pretty sure we held them to fewer points than they held us to last game. Why aren't people saying our defense has figured it out?
    All I said was LA isn't Dallas. Meaning Dallas is weak and got swept. Not saying the Lakers will win this series, just saying I think they can win tomorrow. Everyone knows LA isn't an elite team, I'm not saying they are going to win the championship.

As for Bynum's comments, I said "I don't look into quotes too much." But I do think the comments hold some truth. Lakers were clueless in game 1. They made the adjustments in game 2. They should have won if it weren't for blowing the game away in the last 2 minutes.

grumpy64
    grumpy64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

lal wins game 3 and the series will go 7

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

10 point adjustment from the books, and was immediately bet upto 2.5. Seems lakers are the play but I try not to bet against the thunder

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

What about kd over 28 points? He will have to carry them and LA has defense to stop RW now. Also took westbrook under 5.5 ast.

jdhender
    jdhender's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I like LA here - More Pau, not sure why the Lakers need a game 7 to lean on him. He is their best facilitator. If not, more frustration for LA.

bowers1989
    bowers1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

I need the thunder to finish up my teaser with the spurs and pacers. With that being said, lakers will probably win by 10. lol

12 Last