Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Is JaVale McGee gonna have the record for most goal tending calls in the playoffs?

lol this guy get's his hand on any ball that comes near the rim. It's one thing to be a good blocker, but this guy just swats anything he sees going towards the rim, and I think he's given Lakers many free buckets with those, because many of these shots look like they weren't even gonna go in.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    lol this guy get's his hand on any ball that comes near the rim. It's one thing to be a good blocker, but this guy just swats anything he sees going towards the rim, and I think he's given Lakers many free buckets with those, because many of these shots look like they weren't even gonna go in.
    we posted the same thing lol...

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

can't fault javale, atleast he's going up for it not allowing anything easy. just having Javale's ugly face near the rim alters shots

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    can't fault javale, atleast he's going up for it not allowing anything easy. just having Javale's ugly face near the rim alters shots
    I disagree...when he's doing these goaltends, hes essentially giving them a free bucket. As a blocker, you have to realize when a block will be called a Goaltend...and if you do recognize this, you let it go and there's a chance it misses. Whereas, if you just go swat it, its a bucket regardless of whether its going in or not.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

its a basketball thing, better for the opposing team to get 2 without seeing a swish. hard to get a streak going when you can't see your shot go down. instead you have giant javale mcgee staring you down totally unafraid. its not like mcgee is playing badly, he's scoring double figures coming off the bench

Sport_Fish

Yeah, I didn't say he was playing bad....but his goal tendings have been ridiculous.