cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Tuesday All Systems Go

I do think that Phil Jackson is smart enough to know that Utah is tired and his Lakers also need a showcase game that will send a message to the NBA much like the one Cleveland sent by dismantling Boston a few days ago.

This one will get ugly early. Utah is playing their what 5th game in 7 days. They are toast and would do well to rest their starters as they had no chance of winning this game anyway, and their playoff positioning won't change with the outcome of this game either. Denver has already won the division. It's over. Time for the young guns to play and the vets to sit. Of course Phil won't play his boys too long but I think that since this is the final home game this year, they will go all out for the fans and try to blow off the tired Jazz.

The message will be sent to the rest of the NBA after this one is over.

Lakers-5.5 1 point buy Medium
    Lakers-3.5 1st half BIG

There are too many questions about who is playing and who isn't playing for the Heat. But since this is their final home game of the ear and they have been playing poorly as of late, I expect the Hawks will come out to play tonight and jump all over the Heat and get a quick start. The Heat were already one of the worse teams 1st quarter teams when D. Wade is playing. Without him, their goose is cooked. These teams will face each other in the playoffs. A message needs to be sent that road wins won't come easy in Phillips Arena. The Hawks simply need a win more than the Heat do.

Hawks-2.5 1st quarter Medium
    Hawks-4.5 1st half BIG
    Last edited by cocknocker; 04-14-09 at 11:47 AM.

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

On the same page with you for lakers. Spread won't be that high for the books though so that's better. I agree too many questions about who is playing for heat. Gonna wait till game time to decide.

Slight lean on the Celtics since they have been dismantled by the Cavs and want this game more to boost their confidence. Both teams don't want to go into the playoffs on a slump. And Celts are bound to rebound after shooting so poorly in Cleveland. Since both teams might meet in the 1st round, they want to send a message to the other team which makes me think OVER is the play. I'll have to see the line in the morning.

Dtown66
    Dtown66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4919

No disrespect ck or anything, but is that your wife????????????????? if so, nice man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cs11787
    cs11787's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

I like Lakers 1Q too. When Lakers are favorites by >10, they outscore their opponents by 3 pts. When Utah is a dog by >10 they lose the 1Q on an average by 10.5.

dwyanewade03
    dwyanewade03's Avatar Become A Pro!

both hawks n heat r resting their starters, should be a snooooze fest

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/pr...hawks0414.html

"Tonight’s regular-season home finale against Miami might not qualify as an official playoff preview, but Hawks coach Mike Woodson insists it’ll be far from a glorified scrimmage."

“We’ll get a chance to look at some of our bench guys that haven’t played a lot. I might spend a little bit more time with Solomon Jones on the floor, because he could become a major factor in the playoffs for us.”

and from: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ba...ry/998396.html

The Heat (42-38) will be without Jermaine O'Neal and Udonis Haslem because of injuries. With essentially nothing at stake between the Heat and the Hawks for another few days, Jamario Moon and Dwyane Wade also might sit Tuesday.

Wade, off Sunday's career-high, 55-point performance, could use the rest. He was to meet with coach Erik Spoelstra on Monday to determine if he would play the final two regular-season games.
    ''It's coach's decision,'' Wade said after the Heat secured the fifth seed. ``I'm a player, and I'm going to wait on his decision and see what he asks for. That's why a game like [Sunday] was important -- to put ourselves in position, where if you want to rest your guys, you can.''

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

no play for me tomorrow friends GL to everyone.

dennisback
    dennisback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

no way the line is that high......... utah was only 3pt dog @ dallas. i guess line about 8.5

gino24
    gino24's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went off 1-1 today woah...
    2-2 for this week..

BOS -5.5

it's time to earn some

King_Bookie
    King_Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Home teams will cover.

suckatmyjob
    suckatmyjob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope any of you guys got on dndn. For stocks when it was 6 nd when it was 7 when I mention it it was earlier above 20 premkt so hope some got on that good risk to reward

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am reading up on this Heat game and all the talk is about the Heat sitting their players and there is a lot less talk about the hawks sitting players. I think the Hawks as a courtesy to the fans will play their starters today in their last home game, the amount of minutes may vary though.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Lakers line -7.5
    Atl -9
    Phil -4

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Lakers just dropped to -6.5 - hmmm....

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

I'm gonna follow you on this one Ck for sure.Thanks for the tip yesterday the first time i went 3-0 on NBA games this year,and also for the ck mafia of course.NO mlb for me today just these 2 games.Atl -4.5 and Lal -6.5 already booked. Ck,I do have a question.whom do you pick will be become NBA champs this year?I would like to wager some money of whom to become champs.
    Cavs 1 for 1.45 Lal 1 for 1.16
    Bos 1 for 2.85 Den 1for 8
    Orl 1 for 6 Hou 1 for 11
    Atl 1 for 26 Sas 1 for 14
    Mia 1 for 33 Uta 1 for 18
    Phi 1 f0r 33 Noh 1 for 20
    Det 1 for 41 Por 1 for 20
    Chi 1 for 51 Dal 1 for 22

Just want to play a little wager on this one.

ACCBball
    ACCBball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

sixers -4

Boston has nothing to play for, while Philly can move up to the 6th seed and get a struggling Orlando team. I cant see Doc playing the starters much in the 2nd half. Philly will play its starters the whole game and they are going to be playing a lot harder than the celts. We saw it last night with the Bucs. Starters usually kill back ups in the NBA. Sixers -4 for me.

dennisback
    dennisback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

philly CAN'T move to 6th because they will lose to CLE tomorrow! And Bulls win vs. Raptors! So Boston will play Philly in PO Round 1! This is a perfect preview Match so Boston will play hard! Taking Boston ML

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBball View Post
    Boston has nothing to play for, while Philly can move up to the 6th seed and get a struggling Orlando team. I cant see Doc playing the starters much in the 2nd half. Philly will play its starters the whole game and they are going to be playing a lot harder than the celts. We saw it last night with the Bucs. Starters usually kill back ups in the NBA. Sixers -4 for me.

and philie will wear down their players? miller is getting old and weared down.

deeper bench for bos.

bos by ten

mehow
    mehow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

bos+5,5
    lal-6,5

and maybe:
    hawks -8

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBball View Post
    I am with you on this one...Sixers will be resting no one this is like a playoff game for them...line reminds me of the Orlando/Milwaukee line yesterday.....I expect it to keep climbing..

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown66 View Post
    No disrespect ck or anything, but is that your wife????????????????? if so, nice man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes that's her! Only girl I have ever had dreams about while being with her. We have a last crumb snatcher on the way, due December 12th!

repski

Quote Originally Posted by dennisback View Post
    philly CAN'T move to 6th because they will lose to CLE tomorrow! And Bulls win vs. Raptors! So Boston will play Philly in PO Round 1! This is a perfect preview Match so Boston will play hard! Taking Boston ML
    What make you think Cleveland will will tomorrow?? Homecourt throughout is now locked down.....I would think no starters will play.....Toronto will probably play harder than Clev....just speculating.

I'm not even sure who's tougher to play right now Orlando or Boston.....it probably doesn't matter. I just think right now Philly has been playing horribly and will be trying very hard to get on a winning track...JMHO BOL

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

hmmm lackers at -6.5 are the squares just pounding the jazz?

repski

CK,
    just jumped on LAL 1st Q.....

kmarinouofm

hmm on the spread.. it has the opener at 6.5 with 65% on the lakers...

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by ragiche View Post
    I'm gonna follow you on this one Ck for sure.Thanks for the tip yesterday the first time i went 3-0 on NBA games this year,and also for the ck mafia of course.NO mlb for me today just these 2 games.Atl -4.5 and Lal -6.5 already booked. Ck,I do have a question.whom do you pick will be become NBA champs this year?I would like to wager some money of whom to become champs.
    Cavs 1 for 1.45 Lal 1 for 1.16
    Bos 1 for 2.85 Den 1for 8
    Orl 1 for 6 Hou 1 for 11
    Atl 1 for 26 Sas 1 for 14
    Mia 1 for 33 Uta 1 for 18
    Phi 1 f0r 33 Noh 1 for 20
    Det 1 for 41 Por 1 for 20
    Chi 1 for 51 Dal 1 for 22

Just want to play a little wager on this one.

I would just simply recommend you go with the teams that I feel will get to the Conference Finals so...

Lakers
    Rockets

Bulls
    Cavs

cocknocker

It's the last home game for most of these teams. Just pound all of the home teams for the 1st half and everything should be fine. Those paying customers want effort for at least the 1st half.

kmarinouofm

cocknocker the lakers don't bother you with your projected number being about 5 pts off?
    Last edited by kmarinouofm; 04-14-09 at 12:05 PM.

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

Thanks Ck.I'm gonna play all these 4 teams in a minimum wager of 100 each.Thanks again ,and i think that i gonna click on the lake show 1st half also at -4.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Anyone got some leans on the totals for today's games? I got the Hawks under, and 76ers under. Any thoughts.

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

hawks total is a joke.........under all day

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Its pure irony that all of these games are playoff previews.

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

watch that hawks total drop off a cliff if any official word of "rest" comes out!

cocknocker

Damn, you are so right, HoulihansTX. I didn't even trip off of that until you said that. But it is true blue. Take the home teams!

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    cocknocker the lakers don't bother you with your projected number being about 5 pts off?
    In a word...

No. The Lakers back ups with Bynum as their center woud beat the Jazz by double digits. The Lakers are a very deep and talented team. Kobe will watch the 2nd half from the bench wavin a towel. They're gonna go all the way to the equipment man getting minutes tonight. The Jazz don't have a defensive stopper in the middle. In short they are soft at center. That is the Lakers strength.

1234 ... Last