bobbenson2020
    bobbenson2020's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlay Help??

Hey guys. I am not a very experienced bettor. I have a bookie who really takes almost any bet. I think I have found a pretty solid correlated parlay. I am not sure but could use some help. So the site he uses has Alternate Lines and Largest Lead Over/Unders. Would it be smart to parlay those together? Do I have a large advantage here? For example, today:

$1000/$6120:
    Orlando +10.5 (-220)
    Memphis +8.5 (-220)
    Orlando/Indiana Largest Lead under 15.5 (-125)
    Memphis/LA Largest Lead under 14.5 (-115)

I am not really asking if those plays are good but if my method would be profitable over time. How big of an edge do I have? I am not a big bettor just trying to find an edge over my bookie. Would it be better over time to bet only 1 Game Adjusted line + Largest Lead (Ex. Orlando +10.5 & Largest Lead under 15.5) or put two games (example above). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! Love this site!

Bob

dilojanj
    CSK !!!!
    dilojanj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very risky I should say.. I make parlays and I usually hedge if I can.. But the selections youve made are hard to.. If you are that guy who places a bet , sit and watch the game its okay.. But if you want to be up after every night this is not good way.. just my 2 cents

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

I am a recreational parlay bettor, there are some books that offer "almost parlays" which will pay if you lose one of your plays (of 3 or more)
    Round robin is also a way to get a small return should 1 or more of your plays lose
    There's a reason the payouts are so rich on parlays, that's because its very difficult to select a series of winners on 1 ticket
    I routinely parlay big ML favorite college football plays and after a certain number of teams (7..8...9) its almost a given that 1 will lose outright
    Over the long haul its better to bet individual games and parlay a small amount for entertainment purposes

bobbenson2020
    bobbenson2020's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here is my thought on it. I am thinking they are slightly correlated? If the lead never gets too big then the score should remain close. I know parlays are bad but what if they are correlated? Thanks for the help so far though! Just seeing if there is an edge here.