SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Are the Knicks a threat in the East?

I just listened to three different "experts" discuss the Knicks big win over the Bulls, and their potential for the remainder of the 2012 season. Every single person agreed that because the Knicks will get a #7 or #8 seed, they are literally no threat to advance to the second round.

As a casual fan I would think that the Knicks are a very dangerous team right now, and they could make an opening round series very competitive against CHI or MIA. What am I missing? Aren't they finally playing as a team under Woodson? Isn't the Carmello, Stoudemire, Chandler front court a better trio than what Miami and Chicago can offer? Aren't Shumpert, Smith, Fields, Novak, and Davis decent enough role players?

Any Knicks fans out there care to explain what the experts know that I do not.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Knicks have a great bench and are playing defense. As long as Lin sits out they beat the bulls, not Miami. I see Knicks finishing 8th and playing 1st seeded bulls, who will lose.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

If all teams are healthy, Knicks have no chance against Bulls or Heat. Knicks have less experience as a team, and actually not play well with both Melo and Stoundermire on the court.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

knicks don't have a chance if they face bulls or heat in the 1st round. knicks need to win the division BADLY. knicks best 1st rounder would be pacers.

SparJMU

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    knicks don't have a chance if they face bulls or heat in the 1st round. knicks need to win the division BADLY. knicks best 1st rounder would be pacers.
    I guess I am looking for less random opinion and more fact based responses. Why wouldn't the Knicks have a chance against the Heat? What weakness of the Knicks is going to be exposed by the Heat?

Wrongturn has made the only two valid points so far, both relating to the lack of chemistry.

Any Knicks fans out there care to chime in with some details?

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Congratulations to the Knicks for winning against big teams that didn't give 2 ***** at this point in the season. Anthony is a little immature bitch, he'll never win anything at NY. As for Amare and the other guys, they need leaders to direct their sorry asses, they don't have one.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    Why wouldn't the Knicks have a chance against the Heat?
    i stopped reading after this...

SparJMU

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    i stopped reading after this...
    Listen, I am not trying to argue that the Knicks are going to win the NBA Championship. I am just surprised that experts are saying they have literally ZERO chance. They have been playing hard since Woodson took over, and on paper they have a very talented, deep team. I don't think they should be completely written off.

Meanwhile, only few people have actually contributed real factors while everyone else has contributed useless nonsense. Here are the top 3 criticisms so far:

1) No real experience
    2) Melo and Stoudemire do not mesh well
    3) Weak leadership

I kind of disagree with #1 and #3 because Melo, Smith, Stoudemire, Davis, and Chandler are all proven veterans with plenty of playoff experience. Carmello is the leader at this point, which isn't a great sign, but I don think he has the respect of his teammates.

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

apparantly NOT ....